Turner camber plate question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turner camber plate question

Noob question ... I’m looking to get some camber plates and think I want the Turner hybrids. What optional parts do I need out of the ones Turner is offering (spring perches, nuts, bolts, etc)? For reference the product page is here: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...s/?pdk=AAABAg8

and I’m running KW V2 coilovers that came installed on my car. I want to switch these out as well but holding off until I run more events and understand better what I’m looking for.

Kind of looks like these have OEM style springs based on pics, but can’t find any concrete info. Any advice is appreciated ...

KW Variant coilovers have OE-style springs. They’re designed to be used with the factory top hats if you wanted to.
    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

I would wait to get plates until you know what springs you'll have; stock, 2.25", 60mm or 2.5".

Or you could get the plates for stock spring (kw), then pay a bit more for the perches you'd need if you moved to linear springs later. I say that assuming ECS will sell just the upper perches to you separately.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        I would wait to get plates until you know what springs you'll have; stock, 2.25", 60mm or 2.5".

Or you could get the plates for stock spring (kw), then pay a bit more for the perches you'd need if you moved to linear springs later. I say that assuming ECS will sell just the upper perches to you separately.
        They do. I picked up some used TMS street plates with OEM perches to go with my KW V2s, but I expect I'll end up with 65mm Swift springs eventually. I plan to buy the perches.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Comment

^^^ they went up in price. I paid 100. I think ohlins sell the perches too but are a bit more expensive

Comment

Thanks guys! Looks like the cheap stock perches will indeed work for now and then I can buy a separate (expensive ...) perch later on. So I really just need the plates and perch? I found another thread where someone needed some spacers with KWs? https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...ck-stem-spacer

Guessing it will be obvious what needs to happen once I’m in there, but it’s always nice to have required parts beforehand. Somehow I’ve avoided doing any suspension work up to this point in my ownership

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                Thanks guys! Looks like the cheap stock perches will indeed work for now and then I can buy a separate (expensive ...) perch later on. So I really just need the plates and perch? I found another thread where someone needed some spacers with KWs? https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...ck-stem-spacer

Guessing it will be obvious what needs to happen once I’m in there, but it’s always nice to have required parts beforehand. Somehow I’ve avoided doing any suspension work up to this point in my ownership
                I'm curious about this now. Let us know what you find out.

Comment

I ran turner hybrids with kw v2's. I bought the camber plates used so I'm not sure what's included in the hardware but the shaft of the kw shock is smaller in diameter than the bearing hole of the turner camber plate. I contacted turner to buy the shock adapter spacer hardware and even called but they were no help at all. I was pretty disappointed. I had to get it custom machined.

Comment

Is this only an issue with the hybrid or race plates? Not with the street plates?

Comment

Interesting.. supposedly they are compatible with KW at least when bought new with all the parts, according to a line in the product description:

• Compatible with square or taper seat 16mm shock pin diameters - for example, Bilstein is 16mm tapered seat, whereas KW is 16mm square seat.

The install instructions have a parts list ... maybe the 2x shock spacers were missing in enjoy_m3 ‘s used kit?

Comment

Side question ... what are the disadvantages of the race camber plate in comparison? Anyone running them and can compare to stock? How noisy and harsh are they really?

Looks like they are a bit cheaper, and my car is not a daily. Now that I made the dumb ass move to buy a third car I have two fun daily drivers and the E46 will pretty much be HPDE only, with drives on bad New England roads to and from.

Comment

I need to get some TMS camber plates for my PSS10s due in July. Some good info here.

Comment

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
                            I ran turner hybrids with kw v2's. I bought the camber plates used so I'm not sure what's included in the hardware but the shaft of the kw shock is smaller in diameter than the bearing hole of the turner camber plate. I contacted turner to buy the shock adapter spacer hardware and even called but they were no help at all. I was pretty disappointed. I had to get it custom machined.
                            So... this is where I am now. Turner basically told me to kick rocks.

Do you have dimensions from when you had it machined? Are you talking about the sleeve inserts or the washer-like spacers?

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

So... this is where I am now. Turner basically told me to kick rocks.

Do you have dimensions from when you had it machined? Are you talking about the sleeve inserts or the washer-like spacers?
                              This is really disappointing the Turner street plates were well designed. Welcome to post-ECS Turner I guess.

If you can return the tms plates I would go with ground control, they stand behind their product 100%.

Comment

Working...
                              X