No announcement yet.

APEX Wheel Design Style Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APEXraceparts That 6-spoke "E" above looks awesome. I don't see it on your website, is that new?
    E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

E F G look new to me

Still can't beat Arc8. Doesn't matter how played out it gets, it always looks good. I just want a set in race silver, but the last I knew only ec7 are in race silver
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        E F G look new to me

Still can't beat Arc8. Doesn't matter how played out it gets, it always looks good. I just want a set in race silver, but the last I knew only ec7 are in race silver
        I really wanted to get a set of Apex SM10s, but was sad that they only offered them in three basic colors and could not be ordered in custom colors. I had a specific color I wanted. While I realize only offering a small number of colors keeps costs down, I would have gladly paid a premium for a custom finish.
        E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
        Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

I really wanted to get a set of Apex SM10s, but was sad that they only offered them in three basic colors and could not be ordered in custom colors. I had a specific color I wanted. While I realize only offering a small number of colors keeps costs down, I would have gladly paid a premium for a custom finish.
          I have a feeling that double the cost of a standard color still wouldn't be profitable for them...
          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Powdercoating is cheap and gets great results. I have done it to several wheels and been very happy. I had sm-10’s and they are very cool wheels. If i hadnt found the wheels i have now, id still be rocking them

Comment

I used to have the ARC-8 but I'm liking the F and G wheels are looking really good.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

EC-7 my present choice.
                but option G also looks interesting.

Comment

APEXraceparts That 6-spoke "E" above looks awesome. I don't see it on your website, is that new?
                  These are a mix of existing designs and new options we are considering moving forward with. Not all of them will be on our website and several of them have not been produced. We are just using this survey and thread to feel out the community as it helps us track customer preferences across different chassis. 🏁

-Tom

Comment

As r4dr said it really comes down to a cost issue. Our production is structured around large volumes of product to keep our prices low. We can request new colors, but not for one-off 4 wheel sets or custom situations. If we add a new color to a wheel lineup, it needs to sell in large quantities, be appropriate for a variety of chassis and takes multiple months for the new production wheels to arrive after checking for QC et c.

-Tom

Comment

The EC-7R wasn’t in the survey, maybe because its a new model so Apex is already committed. I love the look and may even have a set on order...
                      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

i'm really hoping for more of the forged line up in 18x11
                        2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                        2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
                          i'm really hoping for more of the forged line up in 18x11
                          We are working on these dies! The wider 11"+ wheels require specialized forging dies that we didn't have during our initial production run but they are in the works along with 19" forged options. No specific ETAs yet, but they are in progress for sure.

-Tom

Comment

Really like the F option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by APEXraceparts View Post

We are working on these dies! The wider 11"+ wheels require specialized forging dies that we didn't have during our initial production run but they are in the works along with 19" forged options. No specific ETAs yet, but they are in progress for sure.

-Tom
                              Not having 18x11" forged EC-7R is the only thing holding me back from getting fender work done. I have seen the light with the EC-7R compared to my older EC-7's! Thanks for planning to make 18x11" EC-7R!

Comment

Whatever new designs are launched, apex they should have that anti tire rotation texture where the tire latches on. Even after killing one set of nt01’s mounted on the wheel they moved absolutely nothing. Those things work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                                2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Working...
                                X