Super sprint or Status Gruppe section 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super sprint or Status Gruppe section 2

Hi y’all, I’m looking at both status gruppe and super sprint resonated section 2 x pipes to help with rasp. The section 2 would be mated up to Fabspeed headers, modified section 1 with 200 cell cats, and active autowerke section 3. The configuration looks similar and fairly simple for each of the two x pipe options. Has anyone had both, or feels strongly about one or the other, and can speak to build quality, sound, or performance (if that’s even a consideration here?)...

Thanks!

Considering no one likes Status Gruppe anymore, I think you and I both know what answer you’re going to be getting...

Comment

Yeah I feel like I’ve seen a lot about terrible lead times and customer service, but not as much about the actual hardware? I’m fairly new to e46 ownership however and don’t have the years of following these product lines

Comment

Regardless on what product you get from SG it’s still going to take forever to get to your doorstep. In the early years SG was doing fairly well from what I remember but now it’s become increasingly obvious that Mike simply does not care about quality or making connections with his customers. There were two times where I had to wait about 8 months for a carbon fiber engine cover that the holes didn’t line up and a set of coilovers that apparently took almost a year to make and his excuse was that the old manufacturer that was located in Poland decided to call it quits with SG and halted all production of coilovers until he was able to make all his products reliably in the US but pretty sure he still outsources from China and just slaps his logo on.

And sure there are going to be people that say “I had a good experience with Mike, he was super friendly and helpful” but what good does that do when there are more negative experiences than positive ones? The old M3F forum had multiple threads of numerous negative reviews about horrible delay times and horrendous quality issues with CF and welds so it’s safe to say to stay away from SG, no matter how good their products look. It’s just like McDonald’s, the ad will always look better than the actual product lol.

Comment

OP, I think you know who you should go with. The real question is should you do the single or dual pipe...
          This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

I have status gruppe catless header, Resonated section 2, and scorza muffler. I love their products. Literally everyone hates on them and I don't blame them...because of the customer service... I called yesterday to ask a quick question and ever who answered put me on speaker in what seemed like a crowded bar. Pretty unprofessional. But the PRODUCTS have been great for me. Good welds and perfect fitment. Just don't buy things until the confirm they actually have them in stock. I ordered a CSL trunk from them February 28 and ill be happy if get it by June

And unfortunately Supersprint gb isn't gonna happen. EPA shut that down with fines to ecs. So buy what you can while you can

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatrueanderson View Post
              And unfortunately Supersprint gb isn't gonna happen. EPA shut that down with fines to ecs. So buy what you can while you can
              Where you get that info from? No mention of that in the group buy thread.

Comment

I have status gruppe catless header, Resonated section 2, and scorza muffler. I love their products. Literally everyone hates on them and I don't blame them...because of the customer service... I called yesterday to ask a quick question and ever who answered put me on speaker in what seemed like a crowded bar. Pretty unprofessional. But the PRODUCTS have been great for me. Good welds and perfect fitment. Just don't buy things until the confirm they actually have them in stock. I ordered a CSL trunk from them February 28 and ill be happy if get it by June

SG’s products are often shitty, too.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

SG’s products are often shitty, too.
                  That sucks that's been you're experience. I'm 3/3 on good quality. Again by no mean am I supporting there crap shoot business, but all my parts are legit and fit with no mods. Can't say the same about SS

Comment

Fwiw- both items are in stock and ready to ship- the Status section 2 is $100 less

Comment

If you do decide to go status gruppe, use coupon code pardnm3 for 10% off

Comment

joshuatrueanderson thanks!

Comment

That sucks that's been you're experience. I'm 3/3 on good quality. Again by no mean am I supporting there crap shoot business, but all my parts are legit and fit with no mods. Can't say the same about SS
                          Just to add another data point, I went to a body shop to get some work done and after speaking with the guy there he said sg trunks were one of the better fitting trunks aside from oem. I was surprised. He owned a few e46's and had a couple in the shop so they werent new at this. That said, I still wouldnt go to them for the trunk. Not with mile end and slonik in the works.
                          Last edited by Icecream; 04-04-2021, 08:25 AM.

Comment

I do not have experience with SG, I still run the original OM Scorza muffler. That aside, SuperSprint is one of the best aftermarket companies in terms of quality. So that in itself is hard to beat...

Comment

There really is no comparison here in my opinion... Supersprint is superior in every sense.
                              2005 BMW ///M3 ZCP

Comment

Working...
                              X