No announcement yet.

Super sprint or Status Gruppe section 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha. I too am surprised that SG and Supersprint are in the same sentence.
    Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

C'mon now. Even with there quality controls issues of late? bad welds and holes not lining up to the studs and needing modification? Yeah SS used to be the premier header, but for over $2k Id assume it would just bolt on. Nothing is a guarantee with SS anymore. A couple years ago I would laugh at this whole thread, but times have changed

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatrueanderson View Post
        C'mon now. Even with there quality controls issues of late? bad welds and holes not lining up to the studs and needing modification? Yeah SS used to be the premier header, but for over $2k Id assume it would just bolt on. Nothing is a guarantee with SS anymore. A couple years ago I would laugh at this whole thread, but times have changed
        Pretty sure SS chose to replace all defective products within a short time when customers complained. Plus I don’t think this is a good enough excuse to just magically switch over to SG and hope that all their products fit and work. It’s not a guarantee but it sure as hell beats having to email someone over and over for them to either ignore you or lie to you. You had 3 SG products fit well and that’s good and dandy, but your experience alone does not save them from criticism from everyone else who bought from them, including me, and got nothing in return.

Comment

Forget SG and their shit service. Forget SS and their shit overrated product. I would expect that sort of quality from eBay products.

My recommendation for section 2? Stick with the oem. It’s been proven to lose power. If you still want an aftermarket section 2 I would go with a Rogue Engineering product. All of their products still look good even after years of abuse.

Comment

SG has been shit 90% of the time for a decade. SS has a bad run, that they replaced, during covid.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

DropTopKingM3 i hear ya, I’d prefer to keep my OEM section 2 in place- but if I can lessen this rasp generated by my current exhaust set up, even at the expense of a few hp- I’ll give it a shot! I do think when I swap the X pipe I’m going to go back to the OEM section 3 at the same time.

Comment

It sounds like Supersprint is clearly preferred here. Given that these appear to be the only two out of the box resonated options for section 2- and going to an X pipe for section 2 has questionable performance benefits- I figured it might not matter which brand was selected. Given all of the above however, I'll stick the Supersprint on.

Comment

I have a full super sprint exhaust and have zero complaints

2002 Jet Black/Grey ///M3

Full Supersprint Race Exhaust l PSDesigns Velocity Stack Kit l TMS Pulleys l TTFS Custom Alpha-N Tune l Work Brombachers

"Bags are for dead hookers"

Junkies Build Thread l Photography IG @Marlow_Media

Comment

So does the SS section 2 single pipe lose torque? Kind of want to swap my OEM section 2 on to see if it makes more power and still sounds good.
                    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Loses a little midrange, gains 1 hp at 7800rpm
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                        Loses a little midrange, gains 1 hp at 7800rpm
                        But Noise = HP. No?
                        Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

That's why I muffler delete
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

And unfortunately Supersprint gb isn't gonna happen. EPA shut that down with fines to ecs. So buy what you can while you can
                            That is entirely false.

I am chatting again with ECS this week to finalize how we will do this - it's a matter of when, not if.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

That is entirely false.

I am chatting again with ECS this week to finalize how we will do this - it's a matter of when, not if.
                              I apologize if I am miss speaking. Thats just literally what he told me. I trust that you're working hard at this like all the other GB's you do. I still have a faith this will get done with a work around with ordering cats too. Thanks for the updates.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E71E71F0-39F4-4E0A-9D25-A66550E31B45.jpeg
Views:	748
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	97265 Quick delivery!

FYI- I’m not above modding purely to get the right sound... it’s awfully hard jumping back and forth between the sound of a Ducati with full Termi exhaust and this m3...

Comment

Working...
                                X