Login or Sign Up
Logging in...
Remember me
Log in
Forgot password or user name?
or
Sign Up
Log in with
Search in titles only
Search in E46 (2001 - 2006) only
Search
Advanced Search
Forums
Articles
Groups
Today's Posts
Member List
Calendar
Forum
Vehicle Discussion
E46 (2001 - 2006)
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Black emulsion on the pipe of the rear silencer...
Collapse
X
Collapse
Posts
Latest Activity
Photos
Search
Page
of
1
Filter
Time
All Time
Today
Last Week
Last Month
Show
All
Discussions only
Photos only
Videos only
Links only
Polls only
Events only
Filtered by:
Clear All
new posts
Previous
template
Next
Andy2424
Senior Member
Join Date:
Mar 2020
Posts:
256
#1
Black emulsion on the pipe of the rear silencer...
04-11-2021, 09:25 AM
Hello everyone, my cats are rattling. That's why I took the spout off and disassembled it. I discovered this black stuff on the rear silencer.
Is that normal?
Attached Files
02_lsb
Senior Member
Join Date:
Jul 2020
Posts:
836
#2
04-11-2021, 09:37 AM
Oil?
Just some old shitty cars.
Comment
Post
Cancel
Andy2424
Senior Member
Join Date:
Mar 2020
Posts:
256
#3
04-11-2021, 09:40 AM
Yes, Water and Oil
Comment
Post
Cancel
Nuclear Rabbit
Member
Join Date:
Apr 2020
Posts:
43
#4
04-11-2021, 09:40 AM
Looks like water / carbon. Did you start / stop your car before it was fully warmed up? If so, there's normally a good amount of water in the exhaust from the cat.
Comment
Post
Cancel
Andy2424
Senior Member
Join Date:
Mar 2020
Posts:
256
#5
04-11-2021, 09:42 AM
It stood in the hall for 2 days and I only put it on the lifting platform ...
Comment
Post
Cancel
Arith2
Senior Member
Join Date:
Mar 2020
Posts:
1440
#6
04-11-2021, 06:26 PM
Looks like wet carbon to me. Pretty normal. Carbon and water are byproducts of exhaust after it runs through a catalyst. I wouldn't worry.
This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal
"Do it right once or do it twice"
Comment
Post
Cancel
Andy2424
Senior Member
Join Date:
Mar 2020
Posts:
256
#7
04-11-2021, 08:29 PM
okay thanks guys. You calmed me down ... I'll get some new kats and put it back together ...
The final pot is pretty heavy
Comment
Post
Cancel
Rkymtnrider
Senior Member
Join Date:
Apr 2020
Posts:
238
#8
04-11-2021, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by
Andy2424
View Post
okay thanks guys. You calmed me down ... I'll get some new kats and put it back together ...
The final pot is pretty heavy
where are you getting your cats and how much are they? I would really like to get a set
Comment
Post
Cancel
Andy2424
Senior Member
Join Date:
Mar 2020
Posts:
256
#9
04-12-2021, 08:07 AM
Hello, I'm from Germany and will buy an original for 1400 € ...
Comment
Post
Cancel
Rkymtnrider
Senior Member
Join Date:
Apr 2020
Posts:
238
#10
04-12-2021, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by
Andy2424
View Post
Hello, I'm from Germany and will buy an original for 1400 € ...
You wouldn’t happen to know the part number by any chance?
Comment
Post
Cancel
Andy2424
Senior Member
Join Date:
Mar 2020
Posts:
256
#11
04-12-2021, 08:17 PM
18307832488 this is the german number. This is the US number 18107832909
I think you need to be careful which one you take. Where you live is crucial ...
Comment
Post
Cancel
Previous
template
Next
Working...
Yes
No
OK
OK
Cancel
X
Comment