Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest in: 1:1 CSL 1 Piece Forged Wheels

Hey guys,

I have been working the network on this one for a few months. Since I started chatting with many of you, a big pain point seems to be the CSL wheels going NLA.

I am in advanced discussions with a manufacturer of flow formed and forged wheels. They are the subcontracting manufacturer for many popular brands available in the US - which for obvious reasons, I cannot name.

This is as factory direct as it gets.

This is our shot at updating the specifications on the OEM CSL design as well.

Do you want a more aggressive offset?
    Do you want increased widths?
    Do you want new finishes?
    Do you want a more durable wheel?
    Last edited by Epoustouflant; 08-22-2023, 09:12 AM.

Yes let’s increase widths to 9.5 and 10.5

As for finishes, would like to see brushed
    2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
    Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
    Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
    Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
    Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
    Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

That can be done, would be a bit more.

Comment

Like I mentioned on the FB Group, BBS CH offsets with a little bit more aggressive on the fronts and 8.5/10" widths would be perfect.

Comment

Just my opinion, but the original Sportline CS.16 were easily the best CSL replica wheels. I chose to look for a used set of these several years ago instead of the factory CSLs to use for my street wheels. They were essentially a perfect match of the CSL spoke profile, still had the M sticker indent, had slightly more aggressive offsets that were pretty ideal, all while being slightly lighter than OE due to rotary forged/flow-formed construction.

Front - 19x8.5 et35 (20.8 lbs)
          Rear - 19x9.5 et22 (23.4 lbs)

They were so good that a BMW cease and desist letter got them discontinued. If I could make a recommendation, either match those specs exactly or go an inch wider front and back. I'd trade in my CS.16's for the following:.

19x9.5 et35
          19x10.5 et25

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by C///M View Post
            Just my opinion, but the original Sportline CS.16 were easily the best CSL replica wheels. I chose to look for a used set of these several years ago instead of the factory CSLs to use for my street wheels. They were essentially a perfect match of the CSL spoke profile, still had the M sticker indent, had slightly more aggressive offsets that were pretty ideal, all while being slightly lighter than OE due to rotary forged/flow-formed construction.

Front - 19x8.5 et35 (20.8 lbs)
            Rear - 19x9.5 et22 (23.4 lbs)

They were so good that a BMW cease and desist letter got them discontinued. If I could make a recommendation, either match those specs exactly or go an inch wider front and back. I'd trade in my CS.16's for the following:.

19x9.5 et35
            19x10.5 et25

Great info. BMW is usually aggressive on IP infringement in Europe, less so overseas. I should clarify that the 1 piece forged manufacturing process will allow us to get the wheels at whatever widths and offsets the forging blanks allow.

Comment

Just copy Apex offsets for whatever wheel width.

I.E. 9" et30 9.5" et35 & 22 (depending on F/R) 10"et25
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Isn't 9.5" et35 not optimal on these cars, since with a few common suspension kits available you have to space it away from the strut? Running a small spacer with off the shelf offsets is no big deal, but if it's a custom offset for these cars to begin with, might as well go all the way.
                '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Sure, make it et25-30. I only mentioned it as many wouldn't be able to rock 9.5 et22 up front if the set were 9.5/10.5.
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                    Sure, make it et25-30. I only mentioned it as many wouldn't be able to rock 9.5 et22 up front if the set were 9.5/10.5.
                    Agreed. 9.5/10.5 is pretty aggressive. Personally, I would love an 18" version but I'm not sure that would be as popular.
                    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

I don't know what the community goal is, but I feel like there are plenty of 18" track options (I already have 18" apex and 18" titan7 for different track compounds) that are plenty pretty for street wheels also. I'd prefer 19" street wheels but I'm not desperate for yet another set of wheels, so whatever gets the vote.

Also, I think 9.5 et35 is pretty easy to run up front. I don't think you need more than stock-available camber.

Comment

If you can make an 18x10 ET35 with the same face I think it would sell well.
                        2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                        2005 BMW ///M3
                        Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                        2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                        2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                        2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Something completely different but what would be the cost for a setup of stock 18" wheels but re-imagined in 18x9.5 ET35 front and 18x9.5 ET22 rear? These are classic wheels on our generation of car, with a bit more concave, they may be something people would want. A stock square setup needs to much camber.

Comment

Originally posted by pawa_k2001 View Post
                            Something completely different but what would be the cost for a setup of stock 18" wheels but re-imagined in 18x9.5 ET35 front and 18x9.5 ET22 rear? These are classic wheels on our generation of car, with a bit more concave, they may be something people would want. A stock square setup needs to much camber.

Anything is possible with forged wheels. That does look great!

Comment

Originally posted by pawa_k2001 View Post

Stock 18s look bloody good on our cars. I've been running mine in the interim while waiting for my new wheels. Really growing on me. Biggest downside is the sizes. They are unbelievably sunk into the arch, even more obvious when lowered slightly.

Comment

Working...
                              X