No announcement yet.

Inexpensive fan clutch tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a note that using the hammer is not the best for the water pumps longevity. Use a tool or long screw driver.
    2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
    2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
    2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

Originally posted by SandeepM3 View Post
      Just a note that using the hammer is not the best for the water pumps longevity. Use a tool or long screw driver.
      It's true. For me, I just need a sharp light tap of the hammer on the long wrench and so I don't think this would hurt the pump bearings as majority of the impact created the torque on the nut, and not the direct force or impulse on the bearing radial loading.

Comment

I got one of the cheap Amazon fan tools. It works great for me. You do sometimes need to rotate the water pump pulley so you can place the tool on the pulley bolts though.
        2004 Alpine White / Cinnamon E46 M3 6MT
        1993 Brilliant Black FD Rx7
        IG: @gearheadtwins

Comment

I have one of the Amazon tools that worked great, but I don't need it anymore if anyone wants it. Located in Charlotte, NC. Probably cheaper to buy on Amazon than to ship lol.

Comment

If you’re in LA, you can borrow mine. PM me
            2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
            Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
            Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
            Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
            Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
            Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

Working...
            X