OEM or not for BAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM or not for BAT

Hello - I have a 2003.5 e46 m3 that is collector grade condition - 21k miles and as mint as it gets inside and out. Car recently got full PPF after paint correction. Carbon black on black. The
    my question is mainly do I need to remove stage 1-3 exhaust, coilovers, short shifter, etc to get top price of BAT. I have all of the original parts. No mods in appearance, all were performance. Contemplating listing this puppy and want to do well so I can get a more modern bmw suv for the growing family.
    Last edited by Lushdial; 04-20-2021, 07:30 AM.

Though choice, some would like the mods and the fact that you have the original parts but I would think the thing to do is put back to stock for top dollar. In this climate it's likely 50/50 but as these car get more expensive (if that is indeed the trend) stock configuration will likely command more money.

It really depends on the mods, if it's a really nice SSK/Coils/Exhaust maybe leave it alone? Though call, definitely interested in other opinions.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

SSK and exhaust is fine in my opinion if you also include the original stock pieces with the sale.

I would go back to OEM suspension prior to sale.
      2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

You didn't keep your dream car long lol: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...-car-purchased

Mod list looks pretty good and I don't think removing any of that will make much difference since you have the original parts.
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
          You didn't keep your dream car long lol: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...-car-purchased

Mod list looks pretty good and I don't think removing any of that will make much difference since you have the original parts.
          Didn’t even make it 3 months

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Maybe in the post-purchase euphoria he got someone pregnant... lol.

Put it back to 100% stock. You have 0/3 of the Big 3 done, so that will be a knock against the car already. You will make more by selling the aftermarket parts and listing a stock car on BaT.

I would recommend getting professional photographs done by someone who knows what they're doing. Photos 100% sell the car on BaT.
            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
              Maybe in the post-purchase euphoria he got someone pregnant... lol.

Put it back to 100% stock. You have 0/3 of the Big 3 done, so that will be a knock against the car already. You will make more by selling the aftermarket parts and listing a stock car on BaT.
              Part outs have always yielded more in my experience.

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Babies screw up plans for your toys. X5 time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lushdial View Post

How much would you want for it?
                  '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

How much would you want for it?
                    You can Pm me - I am still in the figuring out if I am going to list it phase, but would most likely let the market dictate pricing in a BAT auction I would look at trades for Porsche Cayenne or x5 with cash on either side.

Comment

Originally posted by Lushdial View Post

For what you can probably get out of this car, you could pick up a nice used SUV and a higher mileage (well maintained) M3. The kid will eventually get tired of the SUV and want to get sideways. 😎

Comment

I don't understand the baby = SUV thing. We had our baby almost 2 years ago and it didn't change our car (toy) situation and my car (toy) didn't even have back seats! Our baby hauler is just a compact Audi S3.

Comment

Originally posted by IMOLA3 View Post

For what you can probably get out of this car, you could pick up a nice used SUV and a higher mileage (well maintained) M3. The kid will eventually get tired of the SUV and want to get sideways. 😎
                          My two sons (now late teens) much preferred the M3 when they were young. I will never forget the day my older son (then about 3 or 4) said "Daddy, turn down the radio. I want to hear the engine and exhaust!" (I am not kidding). It's no surprise that he's now in mechanical engineering and has a co-op job in the automotive sector. The only time the boys wanted to take the RR was when they became too tall to sit in the back, and the front seat was not free because they were both there, or mom was along for the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Xmetal View Post
                            I don't understand the baby = SUV thing. We had our baby almost 2 years ago and it didn't change our car (toy) situation and my car (toy) didn't even have back seats! Our baby hauler is just a compact Audi S3.
                            100% agreed. 2 years into parenting, I don’t understand the reason so many people move to driving misery once they have a kid.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i
                            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I'll do a +1... I bought an s2k around when the baby was 1 y.o. Trips in M3 with baby seat are great. Wife's car (our 3rd car) is a mazda3. We've taken week long trips with the baby in either of the cars (ex s2k), think suitcases, baby pool/beach toys, baby travel crib, bikes (m3 has a roof rack, wife's car has a hitch style), etc. Works really well for 1 small kid (but maybe this is the key to all this - up to a certain age and quantity).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X