Turbo builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mspir3d View Post
    That's very similar to engine I'm building with the exception of the pistons. I'm curious to see how well the molnar rods hold up though. The stock rods were holding over 800 whp but it was probably only a matter of time for them.
    what pistons did you go with

Comment

The shop recommended wiseco pistons. Some of their past turbo builds with the JE pistons suffered from false knock. Strangely they are owned by the same parent company from what I've read.
      IG: https://www.instagram.com/mspir3d/

Comment

The shop recommended wiseco pistons. Some of their past turbo builds with the JE pistons suffered from false knock. Strangely they are owned by the same parent company from what I've read.
        Are you going to run an upgraded oil cooler??

Comment

I'm not planning on it. I haven't had problems with oil temps yet. I've run 10 psi on the road course during the summer and drag raced at full power in 95 degree heat. The temps did drop after I vented the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtmpowerjc View Post
            I am currently in the process of installing a custom kit purchased back in December.

gt35 .70
            technica Intake/exhaust manifold, intake pipes and ic
            1400cc injectors
            rolling antilag
            flex fuel
            walbro 540 intank + Bosh secondary
            hexapump oil pump
            proefi 120
            proefi ignition coil packs
            radium fuel rail + variable fpr
            can display logger
            synapse bov
            Full 3.5 exhaust with Tial wastegate dump
            radium catch can
            + some other tidbits. No power numbers or drive ability as it’s yet to be fully installed and tested.
            Interested in seeing how the EFI 120 works out. I’m still deciding whether to go with the pro efi or the AEM infinity (and convert to manual)
            ‘02 LSB M3 (11k original miles)
            ’03 Oxford Green M3 (Turbo’d)

Comment

What coolant is everyone using for their setups???

Comment

Roughly 60% distilled water, 40% bmw coolant and a bottle of water wetter. There’s back and forth with water wetter but so far it’s been fine for me. I live in SoCal so the hottest day is about 90 with high humidity.

Comment

For you guys running the SPA manifold... What is your secret for getting that manifold installed?

Currently I've had to unbolt and remove the oil drain line from the valve cover to the oil pan because it doesn't fit and it definitely won't fit after the manifold is installed...

And then second I installed the longer exhaust studs into the cylinder heads that have the eTorx heads...

They're all threaded and evenly and fully seated.. I cannot get this manifold on I can't even see which one is not going over but it feels like one or two of the studs are not going through one of the holes evenly..

Got any tips for how you got yours installed?

Comment

I took a drill and slightly enlarged the holes for the studs on the manifold to start. Just a little enlarging was enough to get it on the studs. My head has the longer e36 m3 head studs. Then I had to push the manifold partially onto the studs and put the nuts on. The nuts wouldn't fit on the studs if the manifold was flush with the head...lastly I took an 11 mm wrench and ground down the sides of it to get around the nuts towards the back of the cylinder head. Installing it on your back under the car is a bit of a nightmare.
                    Last edited by Mspir3d; 05-02-2020, 06:32 AM.

Comment

I took a drill and slightly enlarged the holes for the studs on the manifold to start. Just a little enlarging was enough to get it on the studs. My head has the longer e36 m3 head studs. Then I had to push the manifold partially onto the studs and put the nuts on. The nuts wouldn't fit on the studs if the manifold was flush with the head...lastly I took an 11 mm wrench and ground down the sides of it to get around the nuts towards the back of the cylinder head. Installing it on your back under the car is a bit of a nightmare.
                      okay thank you very much that confirms what I thought I would have had to do with the stud holes on the manifold. But I'm also curious about the oil line that comes from the valve cover and goes down to the oil pan did you just get rid of that line completely?

Comment

If anyone would be interested I’m selling my turbo kit hpf kit pro Efi ecu Saad racing fuel lines full flex fuel close to 900 on a built motor with a 6766

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

okay thank you very much that confirms what I thought I would have had to do with the stud holes on the manifold. But I'm also curious about the oil line that comes from the valve cover and goes down to the oil pan did you just get rid of that line completely?
                          The oil line goes from the side of the valve cover down into the oil pan.

Comment

The oil line goes from the side of the valve cover down into the oil pan.
                            Yes sir I understand that. the SPA manifold would not fit onto the head with that line in place. I had to unbolt the line from the valve cover to get the manifold on the head but now obviously the line does not fit around the manifold while bolted to the head.

are you saying that you had 0 issues with that line and didnt have to move it at all and your SPA manifold bolted to your cylinder head fine with that line in place? If so then i guess i'm headed back to the drawing board lol

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

Yes sir I understand that. the SPA manifold would not fit onto the head with that line in place. I had to unbolt the line from the valve cover to get the manifold on the head but now obviously the line does not fit around the manifold while bolted to the head.

are you saying that you had 0 issues with that line and didnt have to move it at all and your SPA manifold bolted to your cylinder head fine with that line in place? If so then i guess i'm headed back to the drawing board lol
                              Ok I see what you're asking. I have a maximum psi kit that came with everything. There is a AN fitting and a long braided stainless steel line that I looped around the back of the head away from the manifold. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200506_190947.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	21741 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200506_191047.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	21742

Comment

Ok I see what you're asking. I have a maximum psi kit that came with everything. There is a AN fitting and a long braided stainless steel line that I looped around the back of the head away from the manifold. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200506_190947.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	21741 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200506_191047.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	21742
                                wonderful looks like i have some more work to do then to adapt the valve cover line to an AN Steel braided setup but it answers my questions.

thanks for the help and info!

ill get to work on enlarging the SPA manifold holes as well for better fitment

Comment

Working...
                                X