Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I have more boost in 2nd gear vs 3rd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I have more boost in 2nd gear vs 3rd?

I read this wrong...is it a turbo? It could be the gate pressure is set too close to the target pressure and doesnt have time to correct in 2nd.
    Last edited by Mspir3d; 04-04-2020, 04:30 PM.
    IG: https://www.instagram.com/mspir3d/

Comment

Active Autowerke supercharger

Comment

Found a leak coming from the mounting bolts that hold the blower to the bracket, they bolt to the snail cover.

Comment

was that leak causing the issue? seems like that would persist through all gears. I just chased some leaks down and they definitely caused havoc in all gears. the blow-off valve gaskets were one of them. Its really hard to get them to seal good w/o stripping the threads. so I helicoiled the threads in the IM and can get more torque on them now. Also my injectors were sitting too deep into the throttle bodies so they were causing a vacuum leak as well.
          Last edited by topher; 04-08-2020, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by topher View Post
            was that leak causing the issue? seems like that would persist through all gears. I just chased some leaks down and they definitely caused havoc in all gears. the blow-off valve gaskets were one of them. Its really hard to get them to seal good w/o stripping the threads. so I helicoiled the threads in the IM and can get more torque on them now. Also my injectors were sitting too deep into the throttle bodies so they were causing a vacuum leak as well.
            It was causing the engine to run richer when it leaked boost.
            i have one Tail Q valve and one active, no leaks there

Comment

Working...
            X