Clutch recommendation for sc m3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicholas1996 View Post
    I have a fx400 from clutchmasters that’s pretty nice. Kinda grabby but holds power pretty good
    does that have a single mass flywheel?

Comment

OP, it all depends on the power that you are putting down and how you drive (aggressive, spirited or mixture)

From experience, oem clutches will hold the additional power, but not for long ~10k miles or so.

Aftermarket clutches are like fast food in ads, it only looks good in the ad.

It it wasn’t for UUC reputation, their products are actually good, but they have the wrong person at the wheel.

SouthBend has a verity of clutches or they can build a custom one all depends on what you want. I have a stage 3 set up on my e39 m5 SC, 30k+ miles and same as the date it was installed. Also break-in is very important. Those who skip this step usually buy another clutch soon and complain about what they had, when In fact it was driver error.

In regards to LWFW anything other than oem or Dinan is not gonna deliver m3 experience, specially single mass, but that’s all up to the drivers comfort zone. Obviously, if it’s a track car, then who cares. Lighter the better. Hope this helps.
      Last edited by Silent; 02-02-2022, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Having driven cars with both the FX400 and the UUC kit, I much prefer the UUC. Easier to modulate from my experience.

Comment

I have the ACT HDSS and Streetlight flywheel in mine, and I'm very happy. Close to stock pedal feel with a huge increase in TQ capacity. I'm making less WHP but switching to a smaller pulley soon and I have no concerns.

There's very minimal chatter.
          2004 Dinan S3-R M3
          2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by SliM3 View Post
            Just bought a DKM twin disc that's going in an SMG. I'll update the thread with my impressions..
            Would love to know your impressions with this kit as well.

Comment

I went with Clutch Kit SACHS Performance "Racing" - BMW 21217528209

I recommend alot

Comment

Working...
              X