This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

There's a Facebook group with 18 thousand members dedicated to venting about how bad ECS Tuning's customer service is.
    Yes I'm aware, but unfortunately this GB is through them. His is a resonated 60mm Sec2. It's pretty disappointing they are nonchalant about having a customer's car down for quite some time due to fitment issues and getting the runaround. The problem I see with that flange is that you need a slip on exhaust gasket that eventually crushes around both flanges (muffler side to sec2) on one pipe where the other is donut in between the flared pipes. If not tightened down correctly/evenly, exhaust leak can occur.

I have the same Sec2 from an earlier batch and no fitment issues whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

The auto emails shouldn't be referenced as they are auto generated. I've sent out a text to Pat @ Turner. The Sec 1 HJS should be in to complete the final orders per our latest convos.
      As a follow up to this: all E46 M3 backordered products are in and they are prioritizing sorting these out for delivery.

As far as fitment issue, we need to keep in mind there's a second player involved in getting these issues figured out and that's Supersprint. ECS can really only send a replacement part. Per recent exchanges, the replacement they sent to a member was also out of spec. Those QC issues are unacceptable and I haven't heard yet how Supersprint will rapidly address these. I'll keep you guys in the loop.

Comment

As a follow up to this: all E46 M3 backordered products are in and they are prioritizing sorting these out for delivery.

As far as fitment issue, we need to keep in mind there's a second player involved in getting these issues figured out and that's Supersprint. ECS can really only send a replacement part. Per recent exchanges, the replacement they sent to a member was also out of spec. Those QC issues are unacceptable and I haven't heard yet how Supersprint will rapidly address these. I'll keep you guys in the loop.
        Totally agree. But shouldn’t ECS/Turner be checking in with the member on whether they just need to bolt up their previous setup after confirming the current batch on hand are all experiencing same issue? It doesn’t appear clear as to whether all of them are affected va just the ones member received. It would probably help the member make a decision to wait or try to get his car running.

Seems like ECS/Turner is taking their time and not placing a priority to help this customer out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LatinSkllz View Post

Totally agree. But shouldn’t ECS/Turner be checking in with the member on whether they just need to bolt up their previous setup after confirming the current batch on hand are all experiencing same issue? It doesn’t appear clear as to whether all of them are affected va just the ones member received. It would probably help the member make a decision to wait or try to get his car running.

Seems like ECS/Turner is taking their time and not placing a priority to help this customer out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          They have started to since that issue came up. It appears to be affecting a limited amount as the previously delivered units had no issues.

It definitely isn’t as clear as I’d like. I’m off to SEMA right now and will meet with Pat @ Turner. Nothing like an in person chat to sort these issues out.

Comment

My 63.5mm Res Sect 2 (44003) just updated to ship march 10

Comment

^^disregard auto emails.

Comment

They have started to since that issue came up. It appears to be affecting a limited amount as the previously delivered units had no issues.

It definitely isn’t as clear as I’d like. I’m off to SEMA right now and will meet with Pat @ Turner. Nothing like an in person chat to sort these issues out.
                As I've acknowledged in my previous posts, I understand that ultimately SuperSprint is on the hook for the defective units as a result of poor QC.

With that said, the problem has been compounded by the terrible customer service of Turner/ECS. The fact that I had to purchase an additional section 2 for replacement due to a faulty product is ridiculous; to not even check to see if the same problem exists (after they requested pictures to illustrate the problem) on the replacement unit is inexcusable.

Additionally, I've had to follow up with them every time even when promised a call back from a supervisor (I've yet to speak to a supervisor because she doesn't return calls and is out of office even after leaving a voicemail and requesting a call back). It's very clear to me why 18,000 people are part of that Facebook group. Keep in mind, this post is only in reference to my section 2 issues - not a word about the damage to my section 3 after being told multiple times a supervisor would be reviewing it and giving me a call to discuss (after sending several pictures of the damage per their request, only to be told almost a week later nobody ever took a look at them and still no word on it).

I don't have plans to install the headers/section 1 until sometime this winter but this whole situation has me very concerned about SuperSprint's QC and what problems are ahead with those pieces.

Again, I understand this is an issue with the manufacturer (QC) and retailer (customer service or lack thereof) and this situation is not a reflection on Matt/EuroConnex. Please keep us posted on your discussion with Pat. Thanks Matt.

Comment

It would be nice to also receive a response from Pat as to why their customer service is mediocre and what they are doing to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

As I've acknowledged in my previous posts, I understand that ultimately SuperSprint is on the hook for the defective units as a result of poor QC.

With that said, the problem has been compounded by the terrible customer service of Turner/ECS. The fact that I had to purchase an additional section 2 for replacement due to a faulty product is ridiculous; to not even check to see if the same problem exists (after they requested pictures to illustrate the problem) on the replacement unit is inexcusable.

Additionally, I've had to follow up with them every time even when promised a call back from a supervisor (I've yet to speak to a supervisor because she doesn't return calls and is out of office even after leaving a voicemail and requesting a call back). It's very clear to me why 18,000 people are part of that Facebook group. Keep in mind, this post is only in reference to my section 2 issues - not a word about the damage to my section 3 after being told multiple times a supervisor would be reviewing it and giving me a call to discuss (after sending several pictures of the damage per their request, only to be told almost a week later nobody ever took a look at them and still no word on it).

I don't have plans to install the headers/section 1 until sometime this winter but this whole situation has me very concerned about SuperSprint's QC and what problems are ahead with those pieces.

Again, I understand this is an issue with the manufacturer (QC) and retailer (customer service or lack thereof) and this situation is not a reflection on Matt/EuroConnex. Please keep us posted on your discussion with Pat. Thanks Matt.
                    Will definitely keep you posted. Just landed last night.

Comment

So let me understand this correctly, in addition to being one of the first waves that paid for a full system and constantly being postponed on shipment, by the way the Oct 25th shipment date is now Nov 5, I have to worry about defective parts????????

I don’t plan on immediately installing this parts. What is my recourse if when I install these parts a few months down the road, and surprise, you have a defective part???????

Is it worth canceling the order at this point to avoid headaches later on????

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
                        So let me understand this correctly, in addition to being one of the first waves that paid for a full system and constantly being postponed on shipment, by the way the Oct 25th shipment date is now Nov 5, I have to worry about defective parts????????

I don’t plan on immediately installing this parts. What is my recourse if when I install these parts a few months down the road, and surprise, you have a defective part???????

Is it worth canceling the order at this point to avoid headaches later on????
                        ECS has a 1 year return window for the moment your order is delivered. You'll have time to inspect immediately, or whenever you install. Make sure you retain the original packaging.

Comment

ECS has a 1 year return window for the moment your order is delivered. You'll have time to inspect immediately, or whenever you install. Make sure you retain the original packaging.

What type of defects are being experienced with V1 stepped headers, catted Section 1, twin pipe resonated section2 and section 3 parts?

Comment

Originally posted by LatinSkllz View Post

Yes I'm aware, but unfortunately this GB is through them. His is a resonated 60mm Sec2. It's pretty disappointing they are nonchalant about having a customer's car down for quite some time due to fitment issues and getting the runaround. The problem I see with that flange is that you need a slip on exhaust gasket that eventually crushes around both flanges (muffler side to sec2) on one pipe where the other is donut in between the flared pipes. If not tightened down correctly/evenly, exhaust leak can occur.

I have the same Sec2 from an earlier batch and no fitment issues whatsoever.
                            I just ordered the resonated section 2 and race muffler before I saw these updates. Will I be getting a QC check sec 2?

Why not just open a claim with PayPal if Turner/ECS is not handling the issue? Could also do a CC charge back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

What type of defects are being experienced with V1 stepped headers, catted Section 1, twin pipe resonated section2 and section 3 parts?
                              There has been no defects reported on other components throughout the ~100 orders shipped. The reported defect came up on recently shipped 60mm resonated section 2s.

ECS will have Supersprint warranty replace them if the defect is reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Z3 Coupe View Post

I just ordered the resonated section 2 and race muffler before I saw these updates. Will I be getting a QC check sec 2?

Why not just open a claim with PayPal if Turner/ECS is not handling the issue? Could also do a CC charge back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                I showed the pictures to Pat @ ECS Thursday night - inperson! He was equally shocked as we are about the QC.

They repackage Supersprint orders and will tell their guys to look as they know what to inspect now. I will send the pictures to their CS team as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X