X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
    See below.
    I realize that you are not ECS customer service, but it is your group buy with the order placed on your website.

I don't understand what you mean here; what are your expectations?

Keep reading, you will see what I am talking about. My expectations? To pay for parts then receive the parts that I paid for in good condition and not defective, those are my expectations.

Running a group buy is simply not just taking orders and shipping orders. It’s also dealing with the problems that arise from the group buy such as defective parts.

I have done that for everyone of those that have had issues. I told you to email me here, you never did. I can't look up your order with a NAM3 username.

You stated that in the prior posts but failed to provide an email address. I don't know what your email address is. When I tell people to email me, I say ----- Please email me at : bmwm3s50@aol.com ----- See, now the person knows the email address to send an email.

Additionally, back in June you stated that people would be getting their orders in July.

This was the ETA that was communicated to me and I passed along the ETAs to the group. They are still up on the 1st post here. The ETAs were communicated per SKUs.

Before the group buy started there was a delivery date of July 2021. I can not find the post since there are hundreds of posts. I was never told prior to paying for the order that the order would be received 6 months later. Now, at the time I understood with the pandemic and supply chain issues there would be delays, fine, I get it. At least after waiting 6 months, I would receive good parts not defective parts.

I was one of the first to pay for a full system not just parts. Then the order gets pushed to November, which given the supply chain issues, fine, but then after waiting for 5-6 months to get parts that are defective is unacceptable.

Considering the SKUs involved, the actual ETA to your order was end of October per my comment above. The timeline you have is not accurate.

Incorrect, the ETA was changed several times. The last ETA change was end of October but in reality I received the parts Mid November.

Having to wait another 5-6 months for a replacement is unacceptable.

As I have said above, ECS has dealt with Supersprint to expedite the replacement orders as quickly as end of January, but that isn't confirmed. The actual additional delays to your order are 2 to 3 months per that timeline.

In light of covid and the reduced workforce of Supersprint, I personally do not deem this unacceptable - but you're the master of your own time and money here, as my comment below clarifies.

That is the problem, nothing is confirmed. I keep getting maybe January or maybe the end of April. The end of April is not 2 to 3 months. I understand the reduced workforce, but to get ONE replacement muffler should not take this long, especially when that person has already waited 6 months. Is this Supersprint that we are talking about or Status Gruppe?

You tied up my money for 5-6 months now you expect me to return the muffler for a refund and say better luck next time?

I did not tie up your money anywhere, that's a particularly skewed perspective.

ECS has a open ended refund policy on any pre-order. At any given time, you can ask for a refund.

Yes, my money has been tied up waiting for these parts which if I received the parts in good condition would be fine. Now at this point, returning the parts for a refund would be a waste of time.

Yes, applying leverage and actually doing that would be a great start.

I've had bi-monthly calls with ECS since the beginning. I do what I can considering my position in the chain of command - which is very far down the ladder. I do not hold money, I do not control manufacturer negotiations on pricing, timing of delivery, terms to expedite, replacement warranties priority of manufacturing, etc

I can only ask questions and convey the feelings of the GB participants - which I have done numerous times.

Being that you ran the group buy, these people should be more accountable to you. You could at least mention this in all your group buy posts in the future to warn buyers that you do not have the power to fix problems. At least at this point your buyers will know this.

You stated in the other thread you are in contact with Frederico at Supersprint. Contacting Supersprint directly would be fantastic to try to get a replacement muffler that is not defective. Rather me wait until April for a new one.

I would do nothing but add sand in the gears by contacting Federico directly to get ETAs pushed around. He's the CEO of Supersprint. I can and have certainly contacted him to voice quality concerns - but I have no desire to damage ECS' relationship with Supersprint by micro-managing what isn't my place to do.

If you have these expectations, I cannot meet them.

It is not getting ETA's switched, it is getting a few parts to replace the defective parts that the buyers received, it's not the same as doing the group buy all over. These parts could be sourced from existing inventory. If not, to at least place a priority on replacement parts.

I had a feeling right at the beginning of the group buy that it would turn to this, dealing with problems but against my better judgment I went through with the purchase. I guess the saying is true, you really do get what you pay for.

If you have regrets over your purchase, you have the option to ask for a refund or change to an in-stock part as well. You can later on order the replacement unit at whichever price ECS will have set by then.

See my answer above, I wasted time if I return these parts at this point. This isn't like I do not want parts, because I do want the exhaust system that I purchased. I just want the parts in good condition so they can be installed and used.

Also your not running e46 group buys? 90% of the threads in the group buy section are yours. This thread is gauging interest in another group buy? WTF, can you stop making excuses and actually try to help solve the problem.

See here. There are no active campaigns.

Gauging interest is 1/100 of the effort to actually organize, negotiate, market and coordinate a group buy - as you pointed at the beginning of your post. Thank you for acknowledging the efforts these take to put together.

Your situation is unfortunate, and I'm sorry you have to go through this.

100% effort should be getting buyers with defective parts the replacement parts that they need, not 1/100th effort on other group buys. Sorry, if I am coming off as testy or an @$$hole, but this entire experience has left me with a real bad taste in my mouth.

Comment

Shit happens sometimes. Don't think your first expectation is actually fair tbh.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Why is this Supersprint conversation even in this thread? It should have been nipped as soon as expectations on manufacturing issues were passed to the GB organizer as somehow his issue. Not how it works, at all, in any industry.

How about those 18" stockers! I want a set

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post
          Why is this Supersprint conversation even in this thread? It should have been nipped as soon as expectations on manufacturing issues were passed to the GB organizer as somehow his issue. Not how it works, at all, in any industry.

How about those 18" stockers! I want a set
          Your right sorry for that. Hopefully, you will get your 18” wheels with some damage and the GB organizer tells you, there is nothing he can do. So we can tell you the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
            Shit happens sometimes. Don't think your first expectation is actually fair tbh.
            Sorry, my expectation to order a part, pay for a part, then receive the parts in good condition without defects? Really?

Oh well, I guess your right. Why would someone who pays $4,850 for parts then receive good parts that are not ready to be installed on a car.

Whatever, I am done with this and will take it as a loss.

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

Your right sorry for that. Hopefully, you will get your 18” wheels with some damage and the GB organizer tells you, there is nothing he can do. So we can tell you the same.
              The difference with the wheels is I will be the direct manufacturer contact and managing payments, refunds, warranties, etc.

-----
              My answer to your last post is really simple: I don't think your expectations can be met in the context of a group buy. I would recommend you buy products that are in stock at distributors nationwide- you will however most likely pay retail.

You are unwilling to compromise in light of the current logistics and manufacturing realities brought upon by covid; canals get blocked, ports get clogged, fuel costs are all time high, containers are scarce and the workforce is depleted at every link in the chain; manufacturers, ports, shipping companies, freight, distributors.

Supersprint has reduced its workforce and lost experienced welders, this will inevitably lead to issues. ECS is missing dozens of warehouse workers.

It's common practice for manufacturers to work in batches per SKU off planned quarterly or yearly demand. The reason why group buys have thresholds is that manufacturers use economies of scale to get lower raw material pricing and improve production efficiencies in larger batches.

The demand was thus adjusted for the whole year and new production batches were planned specifically for this GB. This is why the ETAs provided were per SKU and why a specific batch, of a specific SKU presented defects as on the Section 2s.

It makes it extremely hard for them to stop their production lines and produce a single part of a single SKU, yet ECS still worked with Supersprint to do that very thing for you after discussing the defects with them multiple times.

I understand ECS is an easy target, but they have stepped up to the plate multiple times in this GB. They covered air freight on their dime for HJS catted Section 1s as Supersprint was late on delivery. They prioritized Supersprint inventory receivings at their warehouses and had a special team of packaging workers create custom boxes to avoid shipping damages knowing supply was scarce.

I'm not sure how much more details I can provide here for you to understand how this works and what was done to remediate the issues - everything that could realistically be done was done.

The culprit is the faulty QC at Supersprint, which neither myself nor ECS can account for nor fix.
              Last edited by Epoustouflant; 12-13-2021, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Moved some posts here from another thread as requested.
                2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

The difference with the wheels is I will be the direct manufacturer contact and managing payments, refunds, warranties, etc.

-----
                  My answer to your last post is really simple: I don't think your expectations can be met in the context of a group buy. I would recommend you buy products that are in stock at distributors nationwide- you will however most likely pay retail.

You are unwilling to compromise in light of the current logistics and manufacturing realities brought upon by covid; canals get blocked, ports get clogged, fuel costs are all time high, containers are scarce and the workforce is depleted at every link in the chain; manufacturers, ports, shipping companies, freight, distributors.

Supersprint has reduced its workforce and lost experienced welders, this will inevitably lead to issues. ECS is missing dozens of warehouse workers.

It's common practice for manufacturers to work in batches per SKU off planned quarterly or yearly demand. The reason why group buys have thresholds is that manufacturers use economies of scale to get lower raw material pricing and improve production efficiencies in larger batches.

The demand was thus adjusted for the whole year and new production batches were planned specifically for this GB. This is why the ETAs provided were per SKU and why a specific batch, of a specific SKU presented defects as on the Section 2s.

It makes it extremely hard for them to stop their production lines and produce a single part of a single SKU, yet ECS still worked with Supersprint to do that very thing for you after discussing the defects with them multiple times.

I understand ECS is an easy target, but they have stepped up to the plate multiple times in this GB. They covered air freight on their dime for HJS catted Section 1s as Supersprint was late on delivery. They prioritized Supersprint inventory receivings at their warehouses and had a special team of packaging workers create custom boxes to avoid shipping damages knowing supply was scarce.

I'm not sure how much more details I can provide here for you to understand how this works and what was done to remediate the issues - everything that could realistically be done was done.

The culprit is the faulty QC at Supersprint, which neither myself nor ECS can account for nor fix.
                  Hey there,

Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the hard work you put into the GB. Know it’s not easy (pandemic / supply chain delays, manufacturing problems, and customer / vendor communications). Thanks for everything and happy holidays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well damn. After patiently waiting for my V1s, catted Sec 1, and Sport muffler to arrive they finally recently came. Been so busy with the holidays I didn't have a chance to open it until today.

On first inspection of the V1s and catted Sec 1 they look to be in good shape from what I can see right now. When I unboxed the Sec 3 exhaust it was a completely different story. All 4 tips came dented and dinged like someone dropped it right on the tips. Canister also came with quite a few dents in it as well.

Was so hesitant ordering the Sec 3 because a few years ago during the ECSTuning Black Friday Sale my SuperSprint Sec 3 Race exhaust came with 1 damaged tip that I just ignored and moved on.

It blows my mind how Supersprint thinks it's safe to ship pieces made from stainless steel in a "thick" plastic shipping wrap and thin cardboard around the tips that were sliced like a razer whole punch, which clearly means it was dropped for it to cut the cardboard so sharply. Turner did a great job on the packaging but the damage must have been already done from SuperSprints side.

Pretty crappy way to start the new year. I'll be in contact with Turner and hope we could come to a quick resolution.

I'll try and keep a positive mood going into the new year. Happy New Year to everyone and wish everybody all the best!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Image-4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	35.3 KB ID:	146255 Click image for larger version  Name:	Image-3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	32.7 KB ID:	146256 Click image for larger version  Name:	Image-2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	39.5 KB ID:	146257 Click image for larger version  Name:	Image-13.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	146258 Click image for larger version  Name:	Image-15.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	54.6 KB ID:	146259 Click image for larger version  Name:	Image-12.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	57.2 KB ID:	146260 Click image for larger version  Name:	Image-1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	55.1 KB ID:	146261 Click image for larger version  Name:	Image-8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	64.1 KB ID:	146262
                    Last edited by Dino; 12-31-2021, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dino View Post
                      Well damn. After patiently waiting for my V1s, catted Sec 1, and Sport muffler to arrive they finally recently came. Been so busy with the holidays I didn't have a chance to open it until today.

On first inspection of the V1s and catted Sec 1 they look to be in good shape from what I can see right now. When I unboxed the Sec 3 exhaust it was a completely different story. All 4 tips came dented and dinged like someone dropped it right on the tips. Canister also came with quite a few dents in it as well.

Was so hesitant ordering the Sec 3 because a few years ago during the ECSTuning Black Friday Sale my SuperSprint Sec 3 Race exhaust came with 1 damaged tip that I just ignored and moved on.

It blows my mind how Supersprint thinks it's safe to ship pieces made from stainless steel in a "thick" plastic shipping wrap and thin cardboard around the tips that were sliced like a razer whole punch, which clearly means it was dropped for it to cut the cardboard so sharply. Turner did a great job on the packaging but the damage must have been already done from SuperSprints side.

Pretty crappy way to start the new year. I'll be in contact with Turner and hope we could come to a quick resolution.

I'll try and keep a positive mood going into the new year. Happy New Year to everyone and wish everybody all the best!

Click image for larger version Name:	Image-4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	35.3 KB ID:	146255 Click image for larger version Name:	Image-3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	32.7 KB ID:	146256 Click image for larger version Name:	Image-2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	39.5 KB ID:	146257 Click image for larger version Name:	Image-13.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	146258 Click image for larger version Name:	Image-15.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	54.6 KB ID:	146259 Click image for larger version Name:	Image-12.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	57.2 KB ID:	146260 Click image for larger version Name:	Image-1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	55.1 KB ID:	146261 Click image for larger version Name:	Image-8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	64.1 KB ID:	146262
                      Join the club, be prepared for almost no help and to wait until April for possible replacements if your lucky. I am in the same boat as you.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

Join the club, be prepared for almost no help and to wait until April for possible replacements if your lucky. I am in the same boat as you.
                        Yup, been a week now and still no reply from Turner.

Comment

Originally posted by Dino View Post

Yup, been a week now and still no reply from Turner.
                          Can you send me an email? I'll connect you with the rep that managed the GB directly with Turner instead of generic customer service.

Comment

Can you send me an email? I'll connect you with the rep that managed the GB directly with Turner instead of generic customer service.
                            pm'ed, thanks for reaching out.

Comment

Please send me the contact as well. I emailed them again with no reply. I also emailed supersprint with no reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

PMs sent guys. Dino email is out to ECS.

Comment

Working...
                                X