Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got some news: as of Nov 10th, ECS' special care packers have images of hand of the bent sec 2 and are inspecting every package. If you've received a damaged section 2, please keep me in the loop by putting me on CC.

The air shipped section 1s have shipped and the pallet that came in from sea arrived damaged and returned to Supersprint. I'm awaiting an ETA on replacement section 1s, and whether they can be air freight'ed in by Supersprint.

Comment

v1 headers/cats were delivered by Fedex last night. Box has a huge gash in, so we'll see. Fingers crossed. I'll update later.

Edit: Some of the plastic wrap was ripped and worn, but luckily the metal wasn't damaged anywhere. Bungs, welds look perfect. Flanges are all straight; outlets are round. All good.
      Last edited by Tbonem3; 11-18-2021, 12:51 PM.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

I showed the pictures to Pat @ ECS Thursday night - inperson! He was equally shocked as we are about the QC.

They repackage Supersprint orders and will tell their guys to look as they know what to inspect now. I will send the pictures to their CS team as well.
        Please see my thread:

I took part of the the Supersprint group buy that happened over the summer. I finally got my parts a couple days ago after a ton of delays. I have been reading some posts where some members from the group buy have gotten some defective parts. Has anyone else received any defective parts? If so what parts? I got: Stepped

I received a defective street muffler, the connection point is warped and will not form a seal with the section 2. What do I do at this point? I already contacted ECS/Turner to let them know. They told me that they would call back. I have not received any phone calls.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

Please see my thread:

I took part of the the Supersprint group buy that happened over the summer. I finally got my parts a couple days ago after a ton of delays. I have been reading some posts where some members from the group buy have gotten some defective parts. Has anyone else received any defective parts? If so what parts? I got: Stepped

I received a defective street muffler, the connection point is warped and will not form a seal with the section 2. What do I do at this point? I already contacted ECS/Turner to let them know. They told me that they would call back. I have not received any phone calls.
          Email me with these pictures and some details. I am preparing a packaged email for Turner and Supersprint with all current issues. I have a few contacts at the factory direct, including Federico (owner).

Comment

Email me with these pictures and some details. I am preparing a packaged email for Turner and Supersprint with all current issues. I have a few contacts at the factory direct, including Federico (owner).
            pics are in my thread: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...fective-pieces

if not what is your email address. Turner is not helping and saying take part to exhaust shop and have them fix it. They said replacement won’t be until April 2022.

please help.

Comment

Epoustouflant

Any chance you could help the people from your Supersprint GB before moving ahead with other group buys and projects? I waited 6 months for the exhaust parts then after waiting I receive defective parts which will cost more money fix. ECS/Turner is doing nothing other then saying wait another 6 months for a replacement, WTF. Are you actually interested in helping members of this community or just setting up GB's to help you sell products?

Comment

Epoustouflant

Any chance you could help the people from your Supersprint GB before moving ahead with other group buys and projects? I waited 6 months for the exhaust parts then after waiting I receive defective parts which will cost more money fix. ECS/Turner is doing nothing other then saying wait another 6 months for a replacement, WTF. Are you actually interested in helping members of this community or just setting up GB's to help you sell products?
                Have you tried reaching out directly to Supersprint? I find I get the best results if I do the talking.

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Have you tried reaching out directly to Supersprint? I find I get the best results if I do the talking.

https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/cu...-contacts.aspx
                  Yeah, I sent an email directly to Superprint. Waiting to hear back. I was hoping the person who setup the group buy would follow up with the manufacturer fix a problem from the group buy.

Comment

Epoustouflant

99% of Supersprint orders have been fulfilled. There are 2 orders left to fulfill out of 100+.

I also do not run customer service for ECS, nor Supersprint - what I can do is guide you in the proper direction to get the answers you need, and apply leverage if it isn't right from my vantage point. Short of welding these myself, I'm unsure what else you can realistically expect.

Supersprint has been behind schedule due to running on reduce manpower with covid restrictions from my discussions with ECS. There is nothing else ECS can do but to wait after Supersprint to provide a warranty replacement part. At best, they are supposed to receive warranty replacements by late January, but that date is not confirmed. I do not hold direct conversations with Supersprint, this is ECS's relationship.

Pressure was put on to fix this. Discussions were had in person at SEMA. Things are moving.

If they aren't moving fast enough for you, ECS will offer you the option to return the order for a refund in full if you prefer not to wait and move to an alternative exhaust. You can email me to expedite this as I don't monitor forums frequently - I am very easily reached on Instagram or via the LiveChat on EuroConnex.co

You may also have noticed I am not running any E46 group buys at this moment, I am instead trying to help 100 + members of the E9X M3 community get a functioning carbon driveshaft that is proving to be defective from current improvised testings - including on my personal car - from a manufacturer that is deflecting all objections and is leaving me out to dry with a paid defective product.
                    Last edited by Epoustouflant; 12-07-2021, 12:24 PM.

Comment

V1 headers and section 1 came today. What type of manufacturing issues should I be checking for on them? Was it only a problem on the section 2s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by xingster View Post
                        V1 headers and section 1 came today. What type of manufacturing issues should I be checking for on them? Was it only a problem on the section 2s?

Per my understanding, yes - exclusively to section 2s. Keep us posted.

Comment

Per my understanding, yes - exclusively to section 2s. Keep us posted.
                          Thank you!

Comment

99% of Supersprint orders have been fulfilled. There are 2 orders left to fulfill out of 100+.

I also do not run customer service for ECS, nor Supersprint - what I can do is guide you in the proper direction to get the answers you need, and apply leverage if it isn't right from my vantage point. Short of welding these myself, I'm unsure what else you can realistically expect.

Supersprint has been behind schedule due to running on reduce manpower with covid restrictions from my discussions with ECS. There is nothing else ECS can do but to wait after Supersprint to provide a warranty replacement part. At best, they are supposed to receive warranty replacements by late January, but that date is not confirmed. I do not hold direct conversations with Supersprint, this is ECS's relationship.

Pressure was put on to fix this. Discussions were had in person at SEMA. Things are moving.

If they aren't moving fast enough for you, ECS will offer you the option to return the order for a refund in full if you prefer not to wait and move to an alternative exhaust. You can email me to expedite this as I don't monitor forums frequently - I am very easily reached on Instagram or via the LiveChat on EuroConnex.co

You may also have noticed I am not running any E46 group buys at this moment, I am instead trying to help 100 + members of the E9X M3 community get a functioning carbon driveshaft that is proving to be defective from current improvised testings - including on my personal car - from a manufacturer that is deflecting all objections and is leaving me out to dry with a paid defective product.
                            I realize that you are not ECS customer service, but it is your group buy with the order placed on your website. Running a group buy is simply not just taking orders and shipping orders. It’s also dealing with the problems that arise from the group buy such as defective parts. Additionally, back in June you stated that people would be getting their orders in July. I was one of the first to pay for a full system not just parts. Then the order gets pushed to November, which given the supply chain issues, fine, but then after waiting for 5-6 months to get parts that are defective is unacceptable. Having to wait another 5-6 months for a replacement is unacceptable. You tied up my money for 5-6 months now you expect me to return the muffler for a refund and say better luck next time?

Yes, applying leverage and actually doing that would be a great start. You stated in the other thread you are in contact with Frederico at Supersprint. Contacting Supersprint directly would be fantastic to try to get a replacement muffler that is not defective. Rather me wait until April for a new one.

I had a feeling right at the beginning of the group buy that it would turn to this, dealing with problems but against my better judgment I went through with the purchase. I guess the saying is true, you really do get what you pay for.

Also your not running e46 group buys? 90% of the threads in the group buy section are yours. This thread is gauging interest in another group buy? WTF, can you stop making excuses and actually try to help solve the problem.
                            Last edited by bmw m3 s50; 12-11-2021, 01:15 PM.

Comment

See below.

I realize that you are not ECS customer service, but it is your group buy with the order placed on your website.

I don't understand what you mean here; what are your expectations?

Running a group buy is simply not just taking orders and shipping orders. It’s also dealing with the problems that arise from the group buy such as defective parts.

I have done that for everyone of those that have had issues. I told you to email me here, you never did. I can't look up your order with a NAM3 username.

Additionally, back in June you stated that people would be getting their orders in July.

This was the ETA that was communicated to me and I passed along the ETAs to the group. They are still up on the 1st post here. The ETAs were communicated per SKUs.

I was one of the first to pay for a full system not just parts. Then the order gets pushed to November, which given the supply chain issues, fine, but then after waiting for 5-6 months to get parts that are defective is unacceptable.

Considering the SKUs involved, the actual ETA to your order was end of October per my comment above. The timeline you have is not accurate.

Having to wait another 5-6 months for a replacement is unacceptable.

As I have said above, ECS has dealt with Supersprint to expedite the replacement orders as quickly as end of January, but that isn't confirmed. The actual additional delays to your order are 2 to 3 months per that timeline.

In light of covid and the reduced workforce of Supersprint, I personally do not deem this unacceptable - but you're the master of your own time and money here, as my comment below clarifies.

You tied up my money for 5-6 months now you expect me to return the muffler for a refund and say better luck next time?

I did not tie up your money anywhere, that's a particularly skewed perspective.

ECS has a open ended refund policy on any pre-order. At any given time, you can ask for a refund.

Yes, applying leverage and actually doing that would be a great start.

I've had bi-monthly calls with ECS since the beginning. I do what I can considering my position in the chain of command - which is very far down the ladder. I do not hold money, I do not control manufacturer negotiations on pricing, timing of delivery, terms to expedite, replacement warranties priority of manufacturing, etc

I can only ask questions and convey the feelings of the GB participants - which I have done numerous times.

You stated in the other thread you are in contact with Frederico at Supersprint. Contacting Supersprint directly would be fantastic to try to get a replacement muffler that is not defective. Rather me wait until April for a new one.

I would do nothing but add sand in the gears by contacting Federico directly to get ETAs pushed around. He's the CEO of Supersprint. I can and have certainly contacted him to voice quality concerns - but I have no desire to damage ECS' relationship with Supersprint by micro-managing what isn't my place to do.

If you have these expectations, I cannot meet them.

I had a feeling right at the beginning of the group buy that it would turn to this, dealing with problems but against my better judgment I went through with the purchase. I guess the saying is true, you really do get what you pay for.

If you have regrets over your purchase, you have the option to ask for a refund or change to an in-stock part as well. You can later on order the replacement unit at whichever price ECS will have set by then.

Also your not running e46 group buys? 90% of the threads in the group buy section are yours. This thread is gauging interest in another group buy? WTF, can you stop making excuses and actually try to help solve the problem.

See here. There are no active campaigns.

Gauging interest is 1/100 of the effort to actually organize, negotiate, market and coordinate a group buy - as you pointed at the beginning of your post. Thank you for acknowledging the efforts these take to put together.

Your situation is unfortunate, and I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Last edited by Epoustouflant; 12-11-2021, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xingster View Post

I would still check that the flanges on the headers are straight and that there are no burrs on the machined/cut surfaces. I had to deburr the section 1 slip joints to get them to fit smoothly over the header tubes.
                                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X