• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EuroConnex GB: Pre-Preg Carbon Fiber Interior Trims

​​​Link to see pricing and commit to GB: E46 M3 Carbon Fiber Interior Trims
    ------

Hey guys,

Following up on the interest that was given by the community here, I worked with René @ CarboProject to work on updating his catalog of pre-preg & autoclaved interior trims.

Most other carbon companies have abandoned the E46 M3 market as they discontinued their carbon trim offerings - and I've been discovering why. René has pretty much every E46 M3 and specific CSL trims, however it's been a challenge to work through the entire catalog due to the complexity of parts offered, core exchanges, availability of new OEM trims and the ever changing landscape of supply and logistics with covid19.

To streamline the process in anticipation of quantities, we decided to focus on the most popular trims and products, and offer a wide range of customization options with weave patterns and finishes.

MADE FROM OEM TRIMS WITH FACTORY MATCHING CSL 1X1 CARBON WEAVE PATTERN USING PRE-PREG & AUTOCLAVED CARBON FIBER

René hand manufactures these kits using brand new, OEM trim kits from BMW in Germany to ensure perfect fitment. No core exchanged is required. He uses the same manufacturing process as BMW M GmbH did on the CSL carbon fiber trim components: pre-preg & autoclaved overlays on the plastic OEM trims.

The pre-preg and autoclaved manufacturing process, commonly called dry carbon, allows for a very thin application of carbon fiber, and is notoriously stronger than hand laid, wet carbon fiber applications. Additionally, pre-preg provides a much more consistant carbon fiber pattern we've come to expect from high quality carbon manufacturers.

The trims are available in 1x1 and 2x2 weave pattern. The 1x1 weave pattern is selected by René to precisely match the OEM CSL 1x1 weave pattern that was used by BMW GmbH.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-07-20 at 11.15.34 AM.jpeg
Views:	831
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	116805
    You can opt for an OEM finish with a 2 component, hardened gloss clear coat, or opt for a contemporary matte clear coated finish. The gloss finish is wet sanded and polished to remove any surface imperfections.

SPECIFICATIONS
    • Made in Germany
    • Pre-Preg & Autoclaved Carbon Fiber Construction Process
    • Made using new OEM BMW trims
    • Available in 1x1 and 2x2 weave pattern
    • 1x1 is the exclusive CSL weave pattern as used by BMW M
    • Available in gloss and matte 2 component hardened clear coat
    FULL KIT:
    • Dash Trims (3 pcs)
    • Center Console (MT or SMG)
    • Door Handles (4 pcs)
    PARTIAL KIT INCLUDES:
    • Dash Trims (3 pcs)
    • Center Console (MT or SMG)
    INDIVIDUAL PARTS
    Each part can be purchased separately as part of this Group Buy.

CORE REFUND PROGRAM
    A core refund program is available on the 4x armrests only. You will be credited 400$ on your original purchase by CarboProject for shipping the trims back to Germany. Shipping is to be covered by the Connex member. Please mark the items as return for warranty and repair as duties may otherwise apply and will be subtracted from the core refund amount.

----
    GB PROCESS
    1. You will need a Connex account here.
    2. Link to see pricing and commit to GB: E46 M3 Carbon Fiber Interior Trims
    3. We need to reach 20x confirmed orders to active this Group Buy.
      1. There are 10x Early Access Pricing spots
    4. Once the required amount of confirmed orders by members is reached, you will receive an email to place your order on EuroConnex to validate your entry to the Group Buy.
    The more the merrier - feel free to share this on your M3 dedicated IG pages
    I'll be covering Facebook Groups and Newsletter shortly.

CARBOPROJECT GB TERMS
    • René will invoice via PayPal as orders are put in.
    • The invoices will be converted from USD listed price to Euros by René @ CarboProject to avoid fees.
    • Lead time is 4 to 6 weeks.
    • Ships worldwide via UPS Air: 80$ to NA & EU, 120$ to ROW.
    • Duties may apply outside the EU.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Epoustouflant; 07-24-2021, 09:59 AM.

Any pics of the mate?

Comment

Originally posted by lastMleft View Post
      Any pics of the mate?
      Not on the trims per say. I got pictures of his matt finish on other carbon products. Here's my E9X M3 plenum in 2x2 weave, sticker under the clear.
      Attached Files

Comment

More enticing for sure... Thought we we're including steering trim on full kit?

Comment

BMW hiked the price on the OE parts. It’s still is possible to add, pricing is just pretty crazy; retail is 699$ without core exchange refund.

Comment

Wow! These are nice. Im really debating on ordering a full set. Would he be able to do a convertible set? The only thing thats really different is the rear armrests.

Comment

Super nice
              '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Interested in the CF Group buy but cannot get past the log in screen. I’ve created an account a few day’s ago but no luck logging in.
                Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 07-27-2021, 05:53 PM.
                TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                Evolve Eventuri
                - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
                  Interested in the CF Group buy but cannot get past the log in screen. I’ve created an account a few day’s ago but no luck logging in.

Send me a PM with your login email

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
                    Wow! These are nice. Im really debating on ordering a full set. Would he be able to do a convertible set? The only thing thats really different is the rear armrests.
                    Yes! The center console is slightly different as well. I'm validating prices with René and will let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
                      BMW hiked the price on the OE parts. It’s still is possible to add, pricing is just pretty crazy; retail is 699$ without core exchange refund.
                      His website lists it at $341 without core exchange. Let me guess, it's not up to date?
                      The carbon steering wheel cover below. Here with the canvas fabric, but it can also be ordered in the well-known 249g twill fabric. Alternatively, you can also send in your own part, which reduces the price by 50 € These Steering wheel cover is from the German company Carboproject and is manufactured here in Germany! N

Comment

Originally posted by freshprince2421 View Post

His website lists it at $341 without core exchange. Let me guess, it's not up to date?
                        https://carboproject.de/en/collectio...bmw-e46-m3-csl
                        Correct. I asked him to clarify. I'm hoping your price is the right one now.

Comment

I'll be listing these shortly. Pricing was revised lower, good news!

We're up to 7x on the GB right now. 3x Early Access Pricing spots left.

Comment

The E46 M3 pre-preg carbon fiber steering wheel trims were added. This is curated price, GB is lower. This can be added to any GB order.

We're up to 6x confirmed kits right now! Will give this a push on the FB groups to get it past 10x and into production.

Comment

Production pictures from the E46 M3 CF interior trims group buy. Shows raw parts preparation, annealing and tempering process prior to clear coat and final polishing (for gloss finishes). The arm rests are currently in the autoclave.

First sets are looking to ship end of this week!

Comment

Working...
                              X