This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lee_Enfield View Post
    Whats the sound like on the Complete catted sport kit like mentioned on the original post?

My car came with a supremo exhaust on what I beleive to be the stock system and its not that great to me, obnoxious and drones. I would like something that's more tolerable when just cruising on the highway, but has a voice at higher RPMs.

I wont be able to jump on this one of course, but maybe down the line.
    While I ultimately grew tired of the sport muffler, as compared to Scorza and el diablo, it's a bit lifeless sounding (doesn't have much character), it does sound good, and its volume and tone is pretty "goldilocks" .

it's also a good choice if you have a CSL airbox as it's not enough to drown it out.

The megan muffler on a stock system is about the worst thing you could have (or any muffler really). Nothing will sound good with stock catted headers I'm afraid. You really need catless headers first and foremost, not just for the power gains, but for sound as well.
    Last edited by Tbonem3; 06-03-2022, 09:09 AM.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Tbonem3 Which headers (not super sprint, too much $$) do you recommend?

Comment

Euros or fabspeed if not supersprint.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

While I ultimately grew tired of the sport muffler, as compared to Scorza and el diablo, it's a bit lifeless sounding (doesn't have much character), it does sound good, and its volume and tone is pretty "goldilocks" .

it's also a good choice if you have a CSL airbox as it's not enough to drown it out.

The megan muffler on a stock system is about the worst thing you could have (or any muffler really). Nothing will sound good with stock catted headers I'm afraid. You really need catless headers first and foremost, not just for the power gains, but for sound as well.
          That seems to be what I want. Not into really loud exhausts. Hopefully there will be a few more group buys for these in the future.

Comment

any update on this group buy? Any ETA on the last payment or when the product will be done?

Comment

Wait, some things won’t arrive until Sept??
              Silver Track to Street Car Journal
              Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Thanks for the update above, any more recent updates you can provide that’d be great
                2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

I was invoiced on July 4. Was slow to make payment so we shall see when it arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by FCD46 View Post
                    Thanks for the update above, any more recent updates you can provide that’d be great
                    About 40% of the orders are getting fulfilled shortly. Per the guys at MPower, the shipment is on a Delta Airlines plane right now on its way to Michigan for repackaging and final delivery.

The remaining 60% hasn't changed and is solid for September as of now. I will re-enquire after the Summer break at Supersprint in August.

The good news: what is essentially a 3rd batch will be possible.

With the current EUR:USD at pretty much par, we should be able to alleviate the price increase, however shipping charges are higher than initially planned.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
                      About 40% of the orders are getting fulfilled shortly. Per the guys at MPower, the shipment is on a Delta Airlines plane right now on its way to Michigan for repackaging and final delivery.
                      You told me my order is in Michigan as of July 10. Can you please clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

You told me my order is in Michigan as of July 10. Can you please clarify?
                        In customs! Mine has been stuck in Canadian customs since June 29th.

Comment

Updates
                          --

My kit:

I received my complete kit after tumultuous delays with Canadian customs. I documented my configuration in details here. I cover the great, the good, and the not-so-good.

Current ETA:
                          MPowerMotorsports will be receiving the orders for members that had balances invoiced on the first week of August which means shipping will be that week or the week after. This is the current live estimate as of right now.

The ETA for the balance of orders remains currently unchanged for September.

Click image for larger version

Name:	REC00227.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	177340

Comment

This GB still open to new orders? Didn't read the whole thread.

Comment

Originally posted by wahsm View Post
                              This GB still open to new orders? Didn't read the whole thread.
                              I have a few drop outs and available SKUs. There may be another batch in August for late Fall deliveries.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

I have a few drop outs and available SKUs. There may be another batch in August for late Fall deliveries.
                                Are there any resonated dual 2.5" pipe section 2s in those drop outs? Potentially interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X