GB: MK GT4 Lip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
    I hate to fuel the fire here, EPM knows what I think about this deal.

Mario has always been hit or miss. I've contacted him various times throughout the years: you'll get a price in a flash - a follow up to your order or desire to import in bulk? Good luck.

As a rules of thumb; a pre-preg lip of that size takes a week to lay, cure and paint, minimum, if you guys ordered 40x .. run the maths.
    That is odd. My experience and CSL_DNA experience are completely opposite of yours with Mario.

I message him on IG purely to get a shipping quote. he sends me a photo of the lip to probably entice me and a shipping price. I pay it. The lip came in 2 weeks from Europe to FL. I got into this groupbuy for a spare.

I try not to add fuel to the gossip mill fire. But you were convinced he makes them ( I was too) and someone else told me someone else makes them. He sells a LOT of stuff, one guy or one shop making all these parts? Guy must be a machine or its made elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonggi View Post

That is odd. My experience and CSL_DNA experience are completely opposite of yours with Mario.

I message him on IG purely to get a shipping quote. he sends me a photo of the lip to probably entice me and a shipping price. I pay it. The lip came in 2 weeks from Europe to FL. I got into this groupbuy for a spare.

I try not to add fuel to the gossip mill fire. But you were convinced he makes them ( I was too) and someone else told me someone else makes them. He sells a LOT of stuff, one guy or one shop making all these parts? Guy must be a machine or its made elsewhere.

Yup i was on this GB also. Messaged Mario received replies on the weekend. Placed my order and 5 days later the lip was delivered to my door. I asked Mario about the GB he said EPM reached out and they reached back out but was waiting to hear back who knows who is correct here it’s he said he said.

A certain point the GB was worth it for me to save the money 6 months later that money was no longer worth saving as summer is coming to an end and wanted to have a few projects to do come winter/spring so i splurged and ordered.

the lip i received looks great though i am sure everyone will be happy once they receive. Shipping and packing were excellent.
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow that looks great. Can't wait to receive mine! I hope everything works out in the end.

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Tonggi View Post

Glad to hear that worked for you. Lip looks great.

I chat with CSL_DNA on IG, he knows what I think ahah. It seems Mario is fine for individual orders, and probably has a small inventory. For group buys, it's a different ball game.

Your last point about manufacturing is most likely correct in dealing with these German tuning / race prep shops. A lot of these parts are subcontracted, there's a whole parts economy out and around the 'Ring.

My comments on the mold apply whether he makes them or not (I don't think he does), whoever makes these only have 1x mold considering the volume. This lip appears to be exclusively available via Mario from having talked to other shops.

Comment

I'm sure you're tired of updates and waiting. I can happily say that several lips have landed at Euro Power in Michigan!

The promised turnaround time has been severely under estimated by MK. The lips are coming, but it's simply a waiting game at this point - as Mario produces them, he's shipping them. Winter is here and my car is going into storage in the next week or so. Looking forward to having it on the car by spring.

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

So we get priority in the sunny states where the cars are out year round then right
              Last edited by Nate047; 10-14-2023, 01:08 AM.
              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                So we get priority in the sunny states where the cars are out year round then right
                haha! I'd like to admire it in the garage while the car is stored

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

Sooo, anybody got theirs in yet?

Comment

Not me. I’m gonna call them back tomorrow.
                    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Over a year later... Jeez.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 11.43.19 AM.png
Views:	193
Size:	383.4 KB
ID:	255134
                      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I did reach out to euro power and found out that the lips are stuck in customs for anyone that still has one on order. Hopefully not much longer lol

Comment

Called back two a half weeks later, still no shipping info. The woman on the phone said she would take my new address last time I called. Yesterday I asked her to read me the address they have on file to ship to, shockingly 😐 it was the wrong old address. Unimpressed yet again.

This whole thing is hilarious to me for several reasons. I already have a lip, this was supposed to be a spare or one I could flip. But since it’s taken a motherfucking YEAR to get it, people have ripped off the design in the interim and are selling them for cheaper, so I probably can’t even flip it now if I wanted to. What a dumb scenario this turned out to be.
                          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Another 3 weeks, no info.
                            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by CSL_DNA View Post

Yup i was on this GB also. Messaged Mario received replies on the weekend. Placed my order and 5 days later the lip was delivered to my door. I asked Mario about the GB he said EPM reached out and they reached back out but was waiting to hear back who knows who is correct here it’s he said he said.

A certain point the GB was worth it for me to save the money 6 months later that money was no longer worth saving as summer is coming to an end and wanted to have a few projects to do come winter/spring so i splurged and ordered.

the lip i received looks great though i am sure everyone will be happy once they receive. Shipping and packing were excellent.
                              What did you end up using for mounting hardware? Just purchased one second-hand.

Comment

No info or follow up, who else is in the same boat? Can we get a list of anyone who paid and has not received their lip? Please tell me it’s not only me.
                                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Working...
                                X