This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sid_E46 View Post

If you purchase the non-oversized section 1 with the OE style flanges, yes.
    It’s the 60mm one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post

It’s the 60mm one.
      you'll be fine, the 60mm Sec1 bolts on to OE and similar
      Formally SWRTstang_M3 on M3forum.net with a join date of 07/2004

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Day View Post

Alternatively, MSRPs could drop further because SS knows EVs are about to kill their business model...?
        I'd be a worried SS stakeholder these days.
        If you consider that new car markets requiring exhaust systems will go down to limited numbers except select exotics - I'd assume their volume will go down and as such, their production & supply chain efficiencies.

That means prices would go up - unless they'd be clearing house entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Day View Post

Alternatively, MSRPs could drop further because SS knows EVs are about to kill their business model...?
          I'd be a worried SS stakeholder these days.
          I have good news for you. EVs are not going to dominate the future for a long time if they ever do. They're turning out to be a bad market. EVs have their place but it physics is limiting them significantly while internal combustion has made crazy amazing leaps even this past year. Even F1 changed their tone on EVs when they were trying the electrify the sport by 2025. It's just politicians we have to worry about. Porsche is exploring alternative fuels and the FIA are creating a class specifically for alternative fuels. Usually manufacturers test the technology on the track before the cars.

I'd be all for converting to straight ethanol. It'd be a couple thousand dollars but it's clean by EPA standards and makes more power. The biggest part is most cars can run it.
          Last edited by Arith2; 05-01-2021, 12:10 PM.
          This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

I'd love a sticky or FAQ thread where each SS option is outlined, with the differences and the pros + cons of each option. Such as the oversized system, normal sized system, what options of which diameters, when oversize actually matters, etc. Maybe I'm just slow, but the SS product offerings have never been straightforward to me.
            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
              I'd love a sticky or FAQ thread where each SS option is outlined, with the differences and the pros + cons of each option. Such as the oversized system, normal sized system, what options of which diameters, when oversize actually matters, etc. Maybe I'm just slow, but the SS product offerings have never been straightforward to me.
              I am working on this for the official GB listing on the website.

I agree with you, I actually learned about a new configuration for the E9X last night when researching fitment information.

Comment

yeah i'm in that same boat. whenever i try to open the catalogue of SS, it's never 100% clear to me what works with what SS parts, then it's even more complicated when you try to figure out if it's compatible with oem or other non-oem parts.

for me, i'm interested in upgrading my non-stepped to the fully stepped headers, but i'll be running a BW race exhaust from sect 1 back. pretty sure the SS oversized stepped headers are not a direct fit.
                2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

If you’re going to spend the money on SS, it’s kind of silly to not go V1. They’re the option that makes more power than other options on the market.

If you do that, you have to use the SS section 1. After the section 1, you can use anything on the market… though if you’re doing a full NA build, the oversized twin 2.5” SS section 2 is the move. From there, all supersprint mufflers make the same power— the differences are only weight and volume.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                    If you’re going to spend the money on SS, it’s kind of silly to not go V1. They’re the option that makes more power than other options on the market.
                    Too bad Epic stopped making their headers. SS V1s are basically it.

This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

How were the epics compared to ssv1s?
                      2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag Plates - SSv1- SS Dual 2.5" Sec.2 - SS (Hamann) Street Sec.3 - 3.91 Gears - BBS E88s - 996 Brembo - PSMax - SDW Monoball - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus CSL - Karbonius - HTE Tuning - AEM 50-1200

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
                      Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

Originally posted by Sid_E46 View Post
                        How were the epics compared to ssv1s?
                        Similar top end, worse bottom end and low mid range.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I’m 100% getting the SS V1 stepped, and the Sec 1 SS Catted. I’m now just debating if I should go with the SS twintube oversized 2.5” resonated section 2 or just stick with the stock Sec 2.

I have read Obioban’s review in the past saying that they clearly welcome a lot more power. My only concern is if it’ll drastically change the signature raspy sound of the E46 M3 that I would like to keep. If I recall correctly I remember reading Tbone saying that it made him lose the Motorsport sound of the M3 and went back to his old setup, but I believe it was straight piped and not the stock sec 2.

Can anyone who runs or ran this setup let me know how the sound changed or what not from the stock Sec 2, and if it’s worth it?

Thanks in advance, extremely excited this group buy is about to go live very soon!
                          Last edited by Dino; 05-01-2021, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Right now I have the SCZA exhaust along with AA headers, and it sounds great. Not incredibly loud or super quiet either. Will the SS section 1 (60mm) make my car sound too loud? Not really what I’m looking for. Or is it better to get the section 2 straight pipe (60mm)?

Comment

Originally posted by Dino View Post
                              I’m 100% getting the SS V1 stepped, and the Sec 1 SS Catted. I’m now just debating if I should go with the SS twintube oversized 2.5” resonated section 2 or just stick with the stock Sec 2.

I have read Obioban’s review in the past saying that they clearly welcome a lot more power. My only concern is if it’ll drastically change the signature raspy sound of the E46 M3 that I would like to keep. If I recall correctly I remember reading Tbone saying that it made him lose the Motorsport sound of the M3 and went back to his old setup, but I believe it was straight piped and not the stock sec 2.

Can anyone who runs or ran this setup let me know how the sound changed or what not from the stock Sec 2, and if it’s worth it?

Thanks in advance, extremely excited this group buy is about to go live very soon!
                              Does SS make a 2.5" unresonated sec 2? Perhaps this will allow you to retain the raspy motorsport sound.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

Does SS make a 2.5" unresonated sec 2? Perhaps this will allow you to retain the raspy motorsport sound.
                                Yes.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Working...
                                X