Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty livid over this. First, you promise a group buy and then when many of us literally just want headers, tell us that isn't going to happen. What's ironic is you can still buy other headers off of ECS's website. ECS drops all Supersprint headers, and Turner drops ONLY the V1s unless you buy it with their $4200 kit of course. This was dirty. But hey, it's about the EPA. Needless to say, you won't be disappointing me again.
    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
      I'm pretty livid over this. First, you promise a group buy and then when many of us literally just want headers, tell us that isn't going to happen. What's ironic is you can still buy other headers off of ECS's website. ECS drops all Supersprint headers, and Turner drops ONLY the V1s unless you buy it with their $4200 kit of course. This was dirty. But hey, it's about the EPA. Needless to say, you won't be disappointing me again.
      I don't control how ECS wants to conduct its business regarding EPA regulations and enforcement. The expectations were set clearly that catless products wouldn't be involved: I got is a hard no on offering any catless products.

I am working with them to find a way to allow members that already have catted section 1 to get the headers separately - it may require proof of purchase.

I get your frustrations, though I don't think they should be aimed at me. Environmental regulations are here to stay.

Comment

I got no skin in this game but was it made explicitly clear that only headers would not be permitted?
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

Can't edit on-going GBs. I will modify post-order and we'll validate your info privately before sending to ECS
          Same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
            I got no skin in this game but was it made explicitly clear that only headers would not be permitted?
            I'm not sure I can confidently claim to being explicit in that regard - I haven't gone through the 35 pages to validate. It's my understanding people are aware headers are implicitly cat delete products.

Comment

Originally posted by LatinSkllz View Post

Same.

Perfect. We'll work this out once orders can be put in.

Comment

ECS tuning is still selling catless section 1s on eBay. 63.5 and 60mm. Do EPA regulation standards not apply to their eBay sales?

Edit: the price even went up on it by $100 recently
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Circa Surviven; 05-17-2021, 07:13 PM.
                Garage:
                2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
                1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Circa Surviven View Post
                  https://www.ebay.com/itm/233708875993

ECS tuning is still selling catless section 1s on eBay. 63.5 and 60mm. Do EPA regulation standards not apply to their eBay sales?
                  I can't speak to that. My assumptions are that they're a big company, wouldn't be surprised eBay is managed by another team and they haven't gotten around to it. If you can get them, get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Circa Surviven View Post
                    https://www.ebay.com/itm/233708875993

Either the answer is yes and ECS is breaking federal law, or someone is lying.

Comment

Is there a way to get a catted section pne w/o headers?

Comment

If I get 63.5mm all the way from the headers through Section 2, is there much of a bottleneck at the muffler? Either running an OEM muffler or another muffler that I assume would be 60mm?

I would think that far back, the choke is minimal. Perhaps Obioban might have insight?
                        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

I'm not sure I can confidently claim to being explicit in that regard - I haven't gone through the 35 pages to validate. It's my understanding people are aware headers are implicitly cat delete products.
                          In this case, they are not. Euro headers exist and those are made by BMW. Also the name of the thread is "Interest in Supersprint V1 & V2 headers"
                          Many of us had an interest in headers. Other parts got lumped in but headers were the ENTIRE POINT of this GB.

Comment

Where's the link? PM only?

Comment

Got the V1 headers and cats. Was strongly debating on getting the oversized section 2 but don’t want to lose to much character sound of the M3 as others have stated the oversized section 2 pipe does.

Can anyone confirm that the resonated oversized Section 2 pipes are worth the power increase at the cost of the “Motorsport” sound?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dino View Post
                                Got the V1 headers and cats. Was strongly debating on getting the oversized section 2 but don’t want to lose to much character sound of the M3 as others have stated the oversized section 2 pipe does.

Can anyone confirm that the resonated oversized Section 2 pipes are worth the power increase at the cost of the “Motorsport” sound?

Thanks!

I went in for the full 63.5mm setup... if the sound isn't good I can just hang the SS section 2 on the wall and go back to OEM. #art
                                '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Working...
                                X