This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

No gaskets or hardware are needed for headers to section 1 with the supersprint.

They come with replacement hardware and gaskets for the other sections, IIRC.

That said…
    I’d use new OE BMW gaskets and I like to use the stock header to section 1 bolts to connect 1 to 2 and 2 to muffler. The header bolts are larger but still fit (assuming all SS), which means you get exact pipe alignment. They’re also Inconel, so they last ~forever, albeit with some upfront cost. Just replace the nuts (one time use loc nuts) each time you drop the exhaust.

Bolt: 11621318568
    Nut: 18301317898

You need 6 of each for 1 to 2 and 4 of each for 2 to muffler.

^This strategy only works if you’re using SS parts on both sides of whatever you’re bolting.
    Fantastic info here, thanks. Do we have any solid details on how to route O2 and EGT sensors? I assume it would mirror the Euro setup, but I've only ever seen this mentioned offhand. I seem to recall there's a bracket somewhere.
    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

No gaskets or hardware are needed for headers to section 1 with the supersprint.

They come with replacement hardware and gaskets for the other sections, IIRC.

That said…
      I’d use new OE BMW gaskets and I like to use the stock header to section 1 bolts to connect 1 to 2 and 2 to muffler. The header bolts are larger but still fit (assuming all SS), which means you get exact pipe alignment. They’re also Inconel, so they last ~forever, albeit with some upfront cost. Just replace the nuts (one time use loc nuts) each time you drop the exhaust.

Bolt: 11621318568
      Nut: 18301317898

You need 6 of each for 1 to 2 and 4 of each for 2 to muffler.

^This strategy only works if you’re using SS parts on both sides of whatever you’re bolting.

Ok great thanks for the input. And just to confirm, I can reuse my existing O2 and exhaust temp sensors?

Comment

Originally posted by LSBNick View Post
        For those who are ordering the V1 headers with catted section 1 who JUST want the section 1 and DONT want the V1 headers,

I’m 1000% open to negotiating a deal to buy the V1 headers off of you. Please pm me for further details, let’s see if there’s a way to recoup for some of the somewhat unexpected circumstances.

OP, thanks for all the effort. I think most of us can agree we were just hoping to buy the headers alone, myself included. This might be a good alternative for members to still take full advantage of the group buy discount, while satisfying everyone’s needs/wants.
        I didn't tell you to do this

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerFan85 View Post

Ok great thanks for the input. And just to confirm, I can reuse my existing O2 and exhaust temp sensors?
          Yes.

Though if your 02 sensors have over ~75,000 miles on them, probably worth replacing the pre cat 02s for performance reasons (they're a wear item).

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerFan85 View Post
            Question... I purchased the V1s with catted section 1 and resonated section 2. What other hardware items I should be purchasing to make this install as easy and clean as possible? I'm working from a completely stock system.

On a quick comparison on RealOEM for the stock CSL and stock M3 exhaust systems, the O2 and temp sensors are the same part number, but wanted to make sure they would work with the position changes.

Any input is appreciated.

Don't run euro o2s, they may be using the same sensors but are in different post and pre cat positions so they will not mate to your harness connections. The plugs and cable lengths are different because they are designed to hook up to euro harness.
            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Man, looks like ECS charges sales tax everywhere. Rough times to be a cheap ass.
              Thank the US Supreme Court and the Wayfair Decision for that one.

Comment

Bimmerworld didn't charge me sales tax AND two days later, the V1s were at my door. You can't beat that.
                This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Clap clap?

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
                    Bimmerworld didn't charge me sales tax AND two days later, the V1s were at my door. You can't beat that.
                    Do you want a cookie? JFC the amount of complaining and weighing in you’ve done across multiple threads makes you seem like a child. This GB didn’t go 100% as originally planned but OP has done way more than anyone has in recent memory. You’re like a kid who’s pouting because mommy didn’t buy the toy they promised you.

Here’s your medal for paying retail on V1s and posting all over the forum like it’s a flex, 🏅

Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by LSBNick View Post

Do you want a cookie? JFC the amount of complaining and weighing in you’ve done across multiple threads makes you seem like a child. This GB didn’t go 100% as originally planned but OP has done way more than anyone has in recent memory. You’re like a kid who’s pouting because mommy didn’t buy the toy they promised you.

Here’s your medal for paying retail on V1s and posting all over the forum like it’s a flex, 🏅

Congrats.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	clap.gif
Views:	230
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	107754
                      Attached Files

Comment

We all know what we're working with and it ain't worth the time.

Epoustouflant idea just occurred to me - I wonder if on future group buys, with a vendor like ECS, the Euroconnex link to purchase the item(s) could take you to pre-populated shopping cart with pre-populated discount code on that vendor's site. Skips the administrative burden of invoicing and theoretically gets it in the normal order queue of the vendor. Obviously the only path to this checkout process is through your website.
                        '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

I didn't explain that well. The committed buyers would be aggregated on Euroconnex. That's the value of the group buy to the vendor, I'm guessing. However many XX buyers ready to go. Once the programmed threshold is met then completion of checkout enabled via connection (connex?) to the vendor's site.
                          '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
                            Wait, you paid basically the same amount of money for retail V1s and uncatted section 1 than what you would have paid for V1s and cats in the group buy? Instead of splitting the headers and cats with someone who just wanted cats and paying half of what you did? That's hilarious.

Comment

Maybe a dumb question, but is this fully locked up?

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post
                                Maybe a dumb question, but is this fully locked up?
                                It's still live, I better make my mind up on that dual Sec. 2 already as this is the cheapest I'll see it new quite likely.
                                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X