Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve got no problem paying interest to avoid a single big hit to the account.

Comment

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post
      Instead of giving that money to a bank can you just give me that interest instead?! Bank of Trojan reporting in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
      2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

You would pay a double digit APR to avoid just spending the money now?
        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

My credit is good enough and I’d pay it off quick enough that it would be minimal. And it would just be easier.

Comment

So you’re waiting for a group buy so you can save money on some parts just so you can dump back the money you saved towards interest.

Comment

Wife money laundering, I suspect.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

So you’re waiting for a group buy so you can save money on some parts just so you can dump back the money you saved towards interest.
                Hmm, for shits and giggles:
                Ass-uming a total of purchase of $4000 (V1 + catted Sec 1) before 30% discount, at 10% interest rate. The interest amount paid will equal the discount at 36 months.

Lots of assumptions here, and I'm not advocating this plan at all, but a rough idea.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

Kinda. It will be easier for me to spread 4 to 6 payments over a couple of months vs just making one. It would be different if I needed to stretch those payments for years.

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post

Ass-uming a total of purchase of $4000 (V1 + catted Sec 1) before 30% discount, at 10% interest rate. The interest amount paid will equal the discount at 36 months.

Lots of assumptions here, and I'm not advocating this plan at all, but a rough idea.
                    Nicely summarized, Basically paying full price or more over long time, it only make sense if you get 0% otherwise I just don’t make sense your $4000 supersprint header become $5000 header when you factor interest. I just don’t get how people don’t seem to grasp that, yet they fight for every penny upfront, meanwhile end up overpaying more than msrp in long run. 🤦🤷

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Kinda. It will be easier for me to spread 4 to 6 payments over a couple of months vs just making one. It would be different if I needed to stretch those payments for years.
                      Just make sure they don't ding you with a prepayment penalty or some other gotcha.

Comment

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post

Nicely summarized, Basically paying full price or more over long time, it only make sense if you get 0% otherwise I just don’t make sense your $4000 supersprint header become $5000 header when you factor interest. I just don’t get how people don’t seem to grasp that, yet they fight for every penny upfront, meanwhile end up overpaying more than msrp in long run. 🤦🤷

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        I think the issue is, for many people it's less feasible to make a one-time payment than it is to make smaller payments, even if you end up spending more money over a longer period. People have the choice to pay for that flexibility which to many is key.
                        2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
                        [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

Just make sure they don't ding you with a prepayment penalty or some other gotcha.

yes, that would through a monkey wrench into the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                            Wife money laundering, I suspect.
                            Lmao!

Comment

Where does the equation land if you change the 36 months to 4 months?

Comment

My theory is - buy once pay once. Feel the burn one time. Once the new supersprint products are installed I’ll forget about the money I just dished out. The smiles per gallon will make me forget real quick

Comment

Working...
                                X