This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
    Member NZ previously posted the Glasurit part # for the metallic paint. Wouldn't it be better to just buy the proper paint? Wouldn't need a ton of it.
    You need a Glasurit paint rack from BASF as all paint needs to be blended per weight ratio of each ingredient (pearls, metallics, base, reducers, etc). It's available via their other paint lines such as RM and Limco using different bases and additives.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
      Paint! It cannot be matched with powder coat as it is a Tri Coat finish. That’s how the depth and changing color hue is created.
      Datshitz a pain… my Allroad came with the factory two piece 17s in Hyper Silver. I had them done twice then just said F it and bought new wheels. It’s time for them to be redone but it won’t be Hyper Silver. I’m going to try to match the aluminum mirrors, runners and luggage rack.

maw

Comment

Does this mean you're not working on the forged wheels GB?

And why E92 tire sizes?
        2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post
          Does this mean you're not working on the forged wheels GB?

And why E92 tire sizes?
          I am, matching the finish is step one. The rest is actually, relatively easier.

Tires were quickly accessible to be honest, P4S were BO’ed and I want something quick to test.
          Last edited by Epoustouflant; 03-01-2022, 03:30 PM.

Comment

FWIW, TireRack says E46 M3 19" stock size PS4S are in stock. E92 M3 sizes look like monster truck tires on the E46.
            2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post
              FWIW, TireRack says E46 M3 19" stock size PS4S are in stock. E92 M3 sizes look like monster truck tires on the E46.
              Canada eh! 👀

Comment

A quick parts pile-up update.

The car is still in the snowbank, and it's snowing today - but Spring is here and it will get better. I'm hoping to start working on it by mid April.

In the meantime, more parts have arrived and are incoming.
                • Got a bunch more drivetrain parts in last week from Turner including an OEM LUK clutch & flywheel.
                • VinceBar & Skinz from Practical Performance is on the way - and a GB will follow shortly. Listing will be put up once I have the product on hand.
                • Karbonius CSL trunk is on the way and hardware to install is ordered. CSL liner is BO'ed until July it seems. A GB will follow up and the waiting list is up here. I also got my hands on a used set of OEM LCI taillights to switch out the aftermarket smoked LCI lights.
                • Recaros are on the water from Germany and should be landing anytime. M-Texture replica fabric is here and ready.

Something else is shipping from Germany soon that has me excited to get to work on the E46!

CSL bumper, splitters and widened fenders all made from pre-preg carbon fiber. Once I document review the product as well as figure out economical logistics, a GB will follow later in the Summer.

Waiting lists are up for the bumper and fenders.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BMW E46 M3 CSL Matt Di Vita (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.3 KB ID:	160462
                Attached Files

Comment

The car is still in the snowbank, and it's snowing today - but Spring is here and it will get better. I'm hoping to start working on it by mid April.

• Got a bunch more drivetrain parts in last week from Turner including an OEM LUK clutch & flywheel.
                  • VinceBar & Skinz from Practical Performance is on the way - and a GB will follow shortly. Listing will be put up once I have the product on hand.
                  • Karbonius CSL trunk is on the way and hardware to install is ordered. CSL liner is BO'ed until July it seems. A GB will follow up and the waiting list is up here. I also got my hands on a used set of OEM LCI taillights to switch out the aftermarket smoked LCI lights.
                  • Recaros are on the water from Germany and should be landing anytime. M-Texture replica fabric is here and ready.

Something else is shipping from Germany soon that has me excited to get to work on the E46!

CSL bumper, splitters and widened fenders all made from pre-preg carbon fiber. Once I document review the product as well as figure out economical logistics, a GB will follow later in the Summer.

Click image for larger version Name:	BMW E46 M3 CSL Matt Di Vita (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.3 KB ID:	160462
                  What's the wing reinforcement look for the CSL trunk?

Comment

Going to be a killer build. I'm jealous :P

Comment

I've been on the waiting list for the front CSL bumper since it's dropped, I may have registered twice as a matter of fact. Anyway, I'd like to be one of the first to receive this item when you're done test fitting it for us. Got money burning a hole in my pocket for this one

Comment

Exciting new arrivals bro. Cant wait to see it all come together

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	BMW E46 M3 CSL Matt Di Vita (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.3 KB ID:	160462
                          Awesome build, your going to have one badass E46 for sure.

Now, how about a CF roof GB?

Do you plan on installing a CF roof at some point?

I keep toying with this idea however it looks to be quite the project and quite the expense as well, I wonder how many might give it a go if the initial expense was dropped a bit by a CF roof GB.
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Awesome build, your going to have one badass E46 for sure.

Now, how about a CF roof GB?

Do you plan on installing a CF roof at some point?

I keep toying with this idea however it looks to be quite the project and quite the expense as well, I wonder how many might give it a go if the initial expense was dropped a bit by a CF roof GB.
                            It’s absolutely on my mind. My thing is I’m very partial to Karbonius when it comes to exposed carbon & body panels. They’re at the top of their game & their customer service is top - that makes them quite busy!

I think there might be some ways to cut on the auxiliary components like the CSL roof chassis bar, headliner material, etc.

It’s my next big project on the list.

Comment

Some Updates

-
                              Karbonius CSL trunk is here along with the installation kit, OEM LCI taillights and adapter. All pictures of the kit and the waiting list for the upcoming GB is here.
                              - Simplied VinceBar has arrived. All pictures of the kit and the waiting list for the upcoming GB is here.
                              - Recaro PP ABEs arrived and got dropped off at the upholstery shop. Mounts are on the way.

Click image for larger version  Name:	REC08557.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.6 KB ID:	161878 Click image for larger version  Name:	REC08549.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.9 KB ID:	161879 Click image for larger version  Name:	REC08523.jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.9 KB ID:	161880 Click image for larger version  Name:	REC08593.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.7 KB ID:	161881 Click image for larger version  Name:	REC08590.jpg Views:	0 Size:	280.9 KB ID:	161882 Click image for larger version  Name:	REC08567.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.1 KB ID:	161883 Click image for larger version  Name:	REC08574.jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.3 KB ID:	161884
                              Last edited by Epoustouflant; 04-04-2022, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Hey Matt - FYI your link for the Karb trunk links to the VinceBar.

Comment

Working...
                                X