This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post
    Hey Matt - FYI your link for the Karb trunk links to the VinceBar.
    aww! Fixed.

Comment

You trunk photos are better than mine.

Nice to see it on the bench like that. That workshop looks awesome, BTW.
      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Solar power did its thing : )

She's out the snow bank. We can finally get to business.

First step will be interior restoration - and removal of the VF supercharger. So much work ahead.
        ---
        Working on a few new group buys for the E46 that will be going live in the upcoming days:
        • Supersprint exhaust systems
        • VinceBar by PracticalPerformance
        • CSL 1:1 carbon diffuser
        • 1 Piece Carbon Driveshaft by YFCM
        Click image for larger version

Name:	REC08734.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	163360 Click image for larger version

Name:	REC08733.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	163361 Click image for larger version

Name:	REC08729.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	163362

Comment

Love the color!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As some of you already know, the car currently sits with a decayed interior. I've outlined the issues on my Build Journal entry here.

It's step 1 to the restoration as it made its way to my local upholstery shop: Recovered Workshop.

I had a discussion with David on how to align the M-Texture with the Recaro Pole Position center covers. We centered the Red main stripe, and aligned a black section with the folds. The sides will retain the Recaro black cloth.

We'll be fitting a new passenger airbag sensor under the covers and trying to retrofit the heating elements from the OE seats.

Details matter.

This is step 1 for the seats as we work on unique upholstery designs for the rest of the seat. We're cooking to offer a unique custom seat solution for BMW M owners in North America.

I'll try to swing by the shop tomorrow to grab pictures of the finished covers in the seats. I went with BK side mounts for the OEM electric sliders.

Click image for larger version

Name:	REC08779.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	164087 Click image for larger version

Name:	REC08777.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	164088 Click image for larger version

Name:	57678EDD-AB2A-48CD-8530-E80DE4B758F4.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	164089

Comment

I'm a fan of offset or asymmetric personally (cushions lined up) but I understand everyone is different. Seat looks good though.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                I'm a fan of offset or asymmetric personally (cushions lined up) but I understand everyone is different. Seat looks good though.
                Haven't seen anything done with the the pattern offset before, not intentionally anyway. Stock is as done above with the red line centred and the blue and purple are asymmetrical side to side. I feel like if the red is offset it feels quite messy.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

Haven't seen anything done with the the pattern offset before, not intentionally anyway. Stock is as done above with the red line centred and the blue and purple are asymmetrical side to side. I feel like if the red is offset it feels quite messy.
                  Thank you for the inspiration and guidance on this.

The phase 2 for these seats will be Alcantara 9002 outers with a BMW PERFORMANCE embossed logo into the headrest section.

It's extremely rare to see on Alcantara and quite tricky to make. RCVR, the upholstery shop, is getting stampers custom machined for this.

I'm hoping they become a go-to source for custom BMW M seats in North America. AMX needs some local competition : )
                  Last edited by Epoustouflant; 04-21-2022, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
                    I'm hoping they become a go-to source for custom BMW M seats in North America. AMX needs some local competition : )
                    Looking great Matt, but yeah, can you hurry up and get that Recaro GB thing goin!😉

Comment

I have 7 yards of M-Texture fabrics at home for more than 2 years. I had been quote by AMS to do my complete interior + Recaro Sportster.

I was looking for another option closer and couple of guys from Qc city also recommend Recovered. From what I’ve seen on his Facebook page, seems like top notch work.

I will contact him to get a quote when I will be ready/decided in which car I am doing the M-Texture conversion.
                      2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                      2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                      2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                      2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

I have 7 yards of M-Texture fabrics at home for more than 2 years. I had been quote by AMS to do my complete interior + Recaro Sportster.

I was looking for another option closer and couple of guys from Qc city also recommend Recovered. From what I’ve seen on his Facebook page, seems like top notch work.

I will contact him to get a quote when I will be ready/decided in which car I am doing the M-Texture conversion.
                        I can get you in touch with David who runs the shop, and is the craftsman behind everything there. He does awesome work. AMX is too far and shipping blows.

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post

Looking great Matt, but yeah, can you hurry up and get that Recaro GB thing goin!😉
                          What do you need

Comment

What do you need
                            Sportsters in Imola.😁

Comment

Sportsters in Imola.😁
                              I'm in if there's a GB on this!

Comment

Sportsters in Imola.😁
                                There are a few in stock. GB would be impossible - but a limited deal on a few units, yea. No thresholds. Let me add this to the list - I'm also gunning a set of CSs for the E9X!

Comment

Working...
                                X