This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

There are a few in stock. GB would be impossible - but a limited deal on a few units, yea. No thresholds. Let me add this to the list - I'm also gunning a set of CSs for the E9X!
    Nice! Cool, thanx Matt...and feel free to take it to PM's if you want.👌

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

I can get you in touch with David who runs the shop, and is the craftsman behind everything there. He does awesome work. AMX is too far and shipping blows.
      Are you working at Exclusiv Automotiv? Or just storing your car there for winter?

Cause I am picking up another E46 (a Touring) this afternoon and I will need a complete paint job, maybe a color change next winter.
      2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
      2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
      2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

Are you working at Exclusiv Automotiv? Or just storing your car there for winter?

Cause I am picking up another E46 (a Touring) this afternoon and I will need a complete paint job, maybe a color change next winter.
        Jonathan, the owner, is a very good friend of mine. If you're looking for quality work, he's the place to go to in Quebec. He is very busy, so the earlier you establish a timeline for your project, the better.

Feel free to PM me to chat about it!

Comment

And we're on: The Phoenix's interior work has started with David @ Recovered Workshop.

It's stunning how this E46 interior decayed over time - yet how easy it is to uninstall & detrim compared to newer gens (except that mirror, oups).

I'll detail the new genuine, aftermarket and restored parts going in future posts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	REC08941.jpg Views:	0 Size:	174.7 KB ID:	168753 Click image for larger version  Name:	REC08946.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.1 KB ID:	168752
          Last edited by Epoustouflant; 05-21-2022, 11:01 AM. Reason: Oups.

Comment

A few updates since then!

We fitted the Recaro seats in the car with electric sliders. I detailed the process here.

The interior should be 90% wrapped up this week as FCP delivers the correct A pillars and new LED inner taillights that were cracked previously. I'm awaiting the carbon trims and carbon consoles later this Summer.

I'm still pondering CSL door panels. CSL bumper and widened fenders are arriving this week! Still missing a few exterior pieces to plan body work.

Mechanical work is planned next by June 22nd:
            SC is coming off, CSL airbox is going on.
            CF driveshaft, OEM clutch & flywheel and complete rear-end restoration.
            CSL wheels with new PS4S are going on.

Still exploring suspension and brake options.

Click image for larger version

Name:	REC09204.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	170686 Click image for larger version

Name:	REC09171.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	170685 Click image for larger version

Name:	REC09134.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	284.5 KB
ID:	170688 Click image for larger version

Name:	REC09183.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	170687 Click image for larger version

Name:	REC09201.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	170683
            Attached Files

Comment

very cool build!!! glad those wheels are coming off :P

Comment

"One man's treasure..." is the only thought popping to my mind! 😁

Nice updates Matt. This should get moved to the build journal sub-forum so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of the main E46 M3 forum. I actually went looking for this a couple weeks ago and it took some diggin to find it.

Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Hey Matt - I have some tips for you on the Karb trunk. Fitment, etc. Have you gotten to the point where you've fitted it? Doesn't look like it.

I'm almost at the point in my build thread where I'm documenting the fitment stuff, just haven't gotten there yet.

For example... the factory rubber trunk stop/bumper doesn't fit into the Karbonius trunk.The holes in the Karb trunk are too small. So after measuring the ID of the hold and then a lot of time with Google, I found a GM part that fits perfectly in the hole. It's a screw-in type that is adjustable just like the factory (very important for proper fitment) and you don't end up with this setup.

Pic #87 here: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-m3-coupe-125/

Click image for larger version  Name:	2004_bmw_m3-coupe_2004_bmw_m3-coupe_d59344a3-d621-4fc3-bd0b-f529fa936424-XIOvhv-53633-53634-scaled.jpg?fit=2048%2C1365.jpg Views:	0 Size:	178.8 KB ID:	173610

Let me find the part number for the GM part and get some pics.

EDIT: Found it:

GM Part number: 10279121

Last edited by Casa de Mesa; 06-25-2022, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Let me find the part number for the GM part and get some pics.

EDIT: Found it:

GM Part number: 10279121

I just ordered a set of these in anticipation of my Karb trunk arriving, the package has 8 in there. I'm going to use 4, so if anyone else needs the other 4, I'll ship them to ya, just DM me. Thanks for the tips Casa!

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post

I just ordered a set of these in anticipation of my Karb trunk arriving, the package has 8 in there. I'm going to use 4, so if anyone else needs the other 4, I'll ship them to ya, just DM me. Thanks for the tips Casa!
                      Oh wow, mine came with just 2!

Takes a little finesse to screw them in, but they'll go. Put it in on more of an angle than you'd expect. You'll see what I mean when you try it 🤠

Comment

This thread needs an update!

A chat on Italians; from a diluted one.
                        Read the extended journal entry here. I cover in details each sections of my configurations: the great, the good, and the not-so-good.

I also experienced a shipping mishaps causing damages - and I'm in the passenger seat to document Supersprint's replacement process.

Name:	REC00289.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	177335

All the juice with none of the sugar.
                        Reviewing my configuration.

In my initial Supersprint journal entry, I stated my E46 M3 is a Sunday driver.

It needs to be fun to drive with friends & family.

I was unwilling to sacrifice in smell and comfort for performance. Ever more so considering I'm fitting a CSL airbox along with.

I want to experience the S54 induction noise glory for myself.

I was set on going with the "Complete Catted Sport Kit"
                        1. 63.5mm Headers
                        2. 63.5mm HJS Catted Section 1
                        3. 63.5mm Resonated Section 2
                        4. Sport Rear Muffler
                        A small, but heavy change.

After discussing with a few perennial E46 M3 owners with whom I share similar sound tolerances and goals (shoutout to @obioban)..

I decided to switch my rear section selection.

I opted for the EC/TUV Approved, road legal "Strada" / Street rear section. It's essentially an OEM box with straight through internals. It's just as big and I'm guessing just as heavy.

The complete journal entry is here.

Name:	REC00276.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	177330

Name:	REC00280.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	177331

Name:	REC00272.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	177329

Name:	REC00286.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	177334

Name:	REC00260.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	177333

Name:	REC00227.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	177332

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post

dm sent

Comment

Haven't had as much time as I'd like lately to contribute to this, but I figured you would get a kick out of this.

Engine pulled! It took around 4 hours. The car is back at paint & body to get stripped to bare metal.

Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC6649.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.5 KB ID:	195485 Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC6644.jpg Views:	0 Size:	183.9 KB ID:	195486

Last edited by Epoustouflant; 12-08-2022, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Is this Matt from M power?

Comment

Awesome thread. Why the full repaint?

Comment

Working...
                                X