Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great!

Comment

For anyone local to NC, Mayan-Viking and I are putting together a drive the weekend of Oct 21/22.

Preliminary details here:
      Hey all, Mayan-Viking and I have been scheming. The weekend of Oct 21/22, we're planning on exercising our cars. Saturday Oct 21 is the primary date, with Sunday Oct 22 as the rain date. Loose plans so far are: Meetup mid morning somewhere in the Statesville/Winston-Salem area Go hit some mountain roads that we know which
      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
        Where are my Laguna Seca pictures????
        ​FINALLY got the car next to a Laguna Seca Blue car. Mayan-Viking and I organized a quick drive through the NC and VA mountains yesterday (more on that HERE) and David325is showed up with his beautiful 2002 LSB. B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l car he has and I still have a deep love for LSB - what a color.

These pictures are not great and in person, the difference between the colors is more apparent. With how much fun the drive was yesterday, I suspect we'll have an opportunity in the future to get some better shots!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20231021_150320.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.8 KB ID:	239056

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20231021_130934.jpg Views:	0 Size:	249.1 KB ID:	239057
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20231021_130930.jpg Views:	0 Size:	254.4 KB ID:	239058

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20231021_115042.jpg Views:	0 Size:	229.0 KB ID:	239059

Comment

You came through!!
          Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

You came through!!
            I don't mess around.

Comment

I think you've succeeded in picking a color with a lot of POP!
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                I think you've succeeded in picking a color with a lot of POP!
                Yeah, subtle it is not. 😀

I will say - LSB is such an iconic color. David's car is gorgeous in the flesh.

Comment

LSB really stands out in direct sunlight but shark blue really outdoes it in these pics

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                    Picked up another dream car of mine. A 2012 Cayman R.
                    Some impressions:
                    1. It turns directions very rapidly, whether that's due to input on the steering wheel or mid-corner throttle lift off. It definitely has trailing throttle oversteer! Love it.
                    2. The steering feel is incredibly good. One of the last Porsches with hydraulic steering.
                    3. It's much more functional than I expected. The frunk is huge and the trunk is pretty big too.
                    4. The stock, manual sport seats are fantastic. I cannot see "upgrading" these for carbon buckets that a lot of people lust after. And in the Porsche world, the buckets are $10-14k... yikes.
                    5. The Porsche tax is real on certain parts. The Cayman R only shift knob and boot replacement is $1400. What?
                    6. The radio is the worst radio in any vehicle I've ever owned. Except for the '85 CJ-7. I didn't buy it for the radio though.
                    7. The fabric door pulls are pretty cool, but sorta clumsy to use. It takes both arms to open the door.
                    8. The AP Racing brakes are fantastic and the braking system as a whole has incredible feedback/feel and perfect heel-toe placement.
                    9. The cable actuated shifter took me some time to get used to it but I absolutely love it now.
                    Some pics below.

First wash after getting it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230318_173038.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	224176

I missed this - congrats! Absolutely amazing chassis and I miss mine every day.

Comment

I'm so glad you painted this the color you wanted brosef.

All these csl and oem builds are boring and have been done to death a thousand times over.
                      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

All these csl and oem builds are boring and have been done to death a thousand times over.
                        lol. Grumpydog over here is 100% right.
                        Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

I don't miss 100% of the shots I take.
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Thanks man. Appreciate you letting me bounce more than a few ideas by you during the process.

Lol

Click image for larger version  Name:	MV5BYTViYmE0ZGItM2QxNC00ZDc3LTg3NDctMTRmZTYzODM0YTkxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDc2NTEzMw@@._V1_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	241450

Comment

Working...
                            X