Trent's S54 Rebuild and Sedan Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post
    Alright, still righting some wrongs over here.

- All new Mk60 sensors installed. I now have ABS and DSC again - Hooray!
    - Diff fluid swapped for the right stuff. No more diff moaning - Hooray, again. Old fluid looked surprisingly good but must have been made of something not to spec. Picture of E46 diff that came up from the Titanic attached. At least it's not made of carbon fiber as it would have exploded. Everyone knows that tho, right? Too soon?
    - Got a pleasant surprise in the mail.
    - Tried a new combination for the DMTL codes. Moved Pin 7 of x60011 to Pin 18 of x60004. Fingers crossed...

Question: it appears the "long" press of the DSC button did not bring up the DSC and BRAKE lights. Just the DSC light illuminates. Is that normal? I seem to remember two lights with the long press? Short press brought on the yellow DSC light as per usual.

To come: Chasing a fuel relay shadow code.
    Yes, long press should show both unless you add the track mode LED to the cluster.

Comment

Only full on or full off for M3 MK60. If you code in m track mode, short press activates it and long press turns everything off.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
        Only full on or full off for M3 MK60. If you code in m track mode, short press activates it and long press turns everything off.
        Interesting. I like that! Thanks for the info.

Weird side note: I held the DSC button for a long time while I was trying to get it to do its thing and it triggered a shadow code in the DSC. Something about > 10-second press. Didn't seem to matter, but odd.

Comment

Running well, but of course the CSB has let go.

Driveshafts are cheap as chips used, so I bought one and am rebuilding it.

First step the CSB. Came off pretty easily with a 3 jaw puller. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4793.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	227698
          Attached Files

Comment

When you’re ignoring the actual work you need to do to pass the BAR smog test and you’re just blissfully painting mufflers while swapping drive shafts.

The new/used driveshaft fixed my clunky DS issues as well. The root issue ending up being play in the U-joints. heinzboehmer swappkng this out also reduced the auto solutions noise for me quite a bit. So nice bonus there. Everything underneath looked ‘normal’ with the shifter.

Oh, and something finally showed up - hoorah!

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post
              heinzboehmer swappkng this out also reduced the auto solutions noise for me quite a bit. So nice bonus there. Everything underneath looked ‘normal’ with the shifter.
              Oh awesome, is it tolerable now?
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Oh awesome, is it tolerable now?
                a few more driving tests need to be done, but it’s better for sure. TBD for ‘tolerable’. I sure hope so. I don’t feel like swapping it all haha

Comment

Working...
                X