Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black & Tan 332iT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ramage
    replied
    Ah, the joy of driving an older car! We can never just add the things we want to make it our own or get the look and feel we're after; we always have to keep the 'What the hell are you going to make me buy next?' options open.

    Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way, since my M3 is more than just a car, it's one of my favorite hobbies.

    My wife always rolls her eyes when I come home from a drive and declare in an upset/angry tone that I need to buy another part.

    She totally see right through it.

    I am sure you will get it sorted ASAP. ​

    Leave a comment:


  • Slideways
    replied
    Originally posted by Bry5on View Post

    I didn’t even bother checking, just checked the detents for obvious issues and packed it up. Asking around for who has a good spare gearbox in town ready to drop in. And George Hill is weighing the ZF vs getrag this weekend - for science..
    If this is the GS6-53BZ ZF, realOEM has it at 56kg. 420G it shows 46kg.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
    Man, that sucks. Find any glitter in the oil?
    I didn’t even bother checking, just checked the detents for obvious issues and packed it up. Asking around for who has a good spare gearbox in town ready to drop in. And George Hill is weighing the ZF vs getrag this weekend - for science..

    Leave a comment:


  • heinzboehmer
    replied
    Man, that sucks. Find any glitter in the oil?

    Leave a comment:


  • karter16
    replied
    Damn....

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Well the car left me stranded for the first time today on the way home from having the roof wrapped. 1-2-crunched the gearbox to death. From its home position, the shifter only moves right (toward 5-6 gates) and won’t go into any gears. Detent springs and GPS all came out looking normal and it’s a factory manual without any riff raffing in the bell housing.

    It will be resting on the lift until I summon the energy to deal with this one.​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9965.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	364567 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9971.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	364568

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    XTRONS is absolved, had a wire short in the lighted shifter. All good now!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9902.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	364007
    Last edited by Bry5on; 08-15-2026, 02:45 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Alright, new AC compressor and oil cooler ($$$) are in and …drumroll… no difference. Still chasing the issues running hot in warm weather under load with AC on. I still see <10C across the radiator and coolant heats up with load. You can also see the 3D printed clips I designed for the oil cooler lines got used, and they fit great.​
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9870.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.0 KB ID:	363884 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9867.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.5 KB ID:	363882 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9865.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.8 KB ID:	363887 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9855.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.4 KB ID:	363886

    Stuck a prism onto the windshield and now I’ve got auto headlights and wipers again too. Odd that you can’t order the sedan comfort glass windshield with the RLS sensor, but the sensors do work through the filter at least. The windshield makes a surprisingly strong difference. I can really feel the heat coming through my driver glass but not the windshield glass.

    Also, looks like the Texas heat was too much for the XTRONS head unit. It wigs out and crashes when the headlights turn on, acting like a cold solder joint or a failed via. I never use the lighted buttons so I just cut the wire that controls the dimming/buttons in the jumper harness. Good times.

    Figured out the part numbers for the thick polyester harness tapes:​
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9804.jpg Views:	0 Size:	149.6 KB ID:	363883

    Shimmed the m3projekts mirror bases with some layers of kapton tape to eliminate some vibration:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9863.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.9 KB ID:	363885

    And we’re up to speed. Haven’t started the exhaust project as I’m waiting for some parts from a couple e46 M3 friends (you’re not alone bigjae46). Doors and hatch will follow that.​
    Last edited by Bry5on; 08-13-2026, 09:31 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lserra
    replied
    Hi Bry5on, apologies for posting here, but my account is too new to send private messages. I have an E30 M3 with an S54, MSS54HP, genuine CSL 32500 software, Karbonius CSL airbox and stock cams, . I’m very interested in your Mullet Tune and would love OEM-like drivability. Would it suit an E30 swap, and is there another way I could contact you while I wait for private messaging access? Thank you, Lorenzo.

    Leave a comment:


  • bigjae46
    replied
    Sorry, I'll get the floor shipped out this week. Been busting my ass on a couple of things that have taken priority.

    Originally posted by discoelk View Post
    Just missing a case of Lone Star. I would have loved those mirror bases before I wrecked my ZHP doors to mount M3 mirrors.
    Shiner!

    Leave a comment:


  • discoelk
    replied
    Just missing a case of Lone Star. I would have loved those mirror bases before I wrecked my ZHP doors to mount M3 mirrors.
    Last edited by discoelk; 08-03-2026, 05:39 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Alright, here we go! George has given me notes (mostly on the AC - Texas and all) and managed to pack up the car with a stock muffler, section 2, pair of front doors, rear hatch and various tools and parts while still leaving the front two seats free and clear.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8213.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	362870 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8212.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	362871 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8211.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	362873

    And after a nice wash it looks surprisingly good in the Texas sun/clouds
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8218.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	362872 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8219.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	362876 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8223.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	362874 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8225.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	246.0 KB
ID:	362875

    And last, after some fun back and forth with shippers, we got the car loaded up and it's now on its way back home. Thanks again to George, can't wait to put it through its paces once again!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8237.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	362877

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
    I commend you for keeping it non M3 on the outside.

    I bet it's fun as hell with slightly narrower tires!
    The sleeper is really where it’s at. And honestly after the chassis stiffening there is practically almost too much grip already! But yes the narrow tires and high offset front wheels preserve all the nice steering feedback which keeps it really nice and responsive.

    Leave a comment:


  • heinzboehmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
    I bet it's fun as hell with slightly narrower tires!
    And less tall! Free shorter diff ratio

    Leave a comment:


  • Sharocks
    replied
    I commend you for keeping it non M3 on the outside.

    I bet it's fun as hell with slightly narrower tires!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X