2003 UK M3 CSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Looks like his is fully loaded, and his weight is with 240lbs of extra fuel/driver that most of us don't include.
    I gave both weights so you can see the difference between them (as the CSL weight quoted is a wet weight, but with only 10 litres of fuel).

For referance, a fully fueled zero option car - without driver (the exact same one that Horst von Saurma achieved the 7.50 ring lap time in) was measured at 1421kg (3133lb).

In the above article, the true weight difference of a normal M3 and a CSL was quoted as 150kg (331lb) from actual cars as measured by Sport Auto (I do not know if the M3 weighed had a sunroof, but from the weight difference, I am guessing it did).

Comment

Originally posted by Mike RT4 View Post

I gave both weights so you can see the difference between them (as the CSL weight quoted is a wet weight, but with only 10 litres of fuel).

For referance, a fully fueled zero option car - without driver (the exact same one that Horst von Saurma achieved the 7.50 ring lap time in) was measured at 1421kg (3133lb).

In the above article, the true weight difference of a normal M3 and a CSL was quoted as 150kg (331lb) from actual cars as measured by Sport Auto (I do not know if the M3 weighed had a sunroof, but from the weight difference, I am guessing it did).
      This makes me feel better about car's 3082 lb (no driver, 5/8 tank of gas) weight. For some reason I thought the stripper CSLs were ~3050 lbs, and couldn't figure out how they were getting the extra weight out that I couldn't (and their lack of AC should be a wash (weight wise) with my lack of SMG).

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Mike RT4 View Post
        Supersprint resonated twin tube section 2 (swapped from the original single tube non-resonated version)
        As someone running an Evolve box with the single tube I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this upgrade. I've read before it's negligible on cars doing sub 400. If you had to do it over again; would you?

Awesome car 🤙

Comment

Originally posted by DI46LO View Post

As someone running an Evolve box with the single tube I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this upgrade. I've read before it's negligible on cars doing sub 400. If you had to do it over again; would you?

Awesome car 🤙

I did it mainly because I wanted less rasp and to reduce the drone of the non-resonated single tube item that I originally had on the car. It slightly decreased both, but not by a significant amount I had hoped for. I should have really done before and after dyno comparisons, but as my car is standard, I felt that any improvement / losses in that area would be pretty negligable.

I would like to measure the power at some point, just to see what the actual figure is, as standard cars usually make a little less than the quoted figure (calculated flywheel) on the Dyno-dynamics heart-breaker rollers I use, so I am hoping the exhaust might at least offset this and give me the 355hp (360PS) that is originally claimed.

Comment

Welcome! VEry Nice and detailed build thread and the CSL Looks gorgeous.

Comment

Welcome Mike Mike RT4

Been following you for a min on IG, glad you found your way here and great write up. Love the weight notes and the differencs you mentioned to right vs left hand drive cars.

Totally true about the weight difference vs normal spec M3. I have a fully optioned car and I'm sure the weight before I started working on it was mid to high 1500s. Currently down to 3280lbs with 3/4 tank and I'm 200lbs. The journey continues.
              2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Some track action from yesterday:

Comment

In my attempt to further decrease the weight, I have subtracted 11kg with the addition of a Deadweight Industries Touge 500 battery. Weighing in at just 5kg, it fitted straight in with no other modifications than sanding a couple of mm off the plastic stopper in the tray:

Comment

As some of you may have seen, we celebrated the CSL's 20th anniversary last month and here are a few random highlights from the event:

Last edited by Mike RT4; 06-07-2023, 12:42 AM.

Comment

My boy was there from Turkey!

Also, that keychain will bring in some serious dollars haha

Did someone have a blue CSL as well?
                      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                      2005 BMW ///M3
                      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Awesome

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
                          My boy was there from Turkey!

Also, that keychain will bring in some serious dollars haha

Did someone have a blue CSL as well?
                          You can see the blue and white ones that were there in the aerial shot .

Comment

What’s the story on the blue and white ones? Resprays? Individual? So fully converted M3’s that you consider them CSLs?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                              What’s the story on the blue and white ones? Resprays? Individual? So fully converted M3’s that you consider them CSLs?
                              Deleted
                              Last edited by 0-60motorsports; 06-07-2023, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                                The blue one is wrapped (and owned from new) and the two white ones and titanium silver one (which you may spot in subsequent Instagram posts) have been subject to full colour change resprays. I must admit that the white ones look particularly good in the flesh.....

The only non-genuine interloper was Andres Diaz (off this forum), but as he was prepared to ship his car over from Cali (and it featuring every genuine CSL part apart from the rear glass), it would have felt pedantic to not have let him join us.

Last edited by Mike RT4; 06-07-2023, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X