No announcement yet.

03.5 LSB on LSB 6MT Restoration / Progress Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still have the ACS Type 2? What are/were the specs?

2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
    2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by BADCLOWN View Post
      This is my favorite LSB out there, nice update
      Really appreciate the kind words!

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
        Still have the ACS Type 2? What are/were the specs?
        Still have them, they're not going anywhere. 19x9 et15 (+10mm spacers effectively et5) and 19x10 et25

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by SGM330 View Post

Still have them, they're not going anywhere. 19x9 et15 (+10mm spacers effectively et5) and 19x10 et25

Ok front have agressive offset! I had a set before but they had smaller lips up front

I love the look of those wheels but damm they are heavy!

Must be very different driving the car with the ACS Type 2 vs Volk TE37!!!
          Last edited by Gt4; 02-17-2023, 01:27 PM.
          2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
          2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
          2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
          2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

Ok front have agressive offset! I had a set before but they had smaller lips up front

I love the look of those wheels but damm they are heavy!

Must be very different driving the car with the ACS Type 2 vs Volk TE37!!!
            It is aggressive! That's the main reason I took them off, I need to run aggressive camber to make them fit. I will be rebuilding them to less aggressive spec and use them as a show set up.

The car is a completely different car with the TE's. Can't wait to feel how it drives after some power mods.

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

Gorgeous!

Comment

Updates!

One of my biggest mods to date - Recaros Sportsters!!

Due to the fact that I have a colored interior, I didn't want to lose that while going with an upgraded seat. So I decided to go with AMX Performance, LSB matched Sportsters. Since I like my build to be OEM+, I wanted to keep a few key features.

This includes, keeping an occupancy sensor so I don't need to code out my airbag, Brey Krause seat mounts to have the appropriate height and retain power adjustment and lastly, retaining heated seats option while utilizing the factory heated seat button. I wanted the seats to look like they came from the factory, for the most part and I didn't want any buttons in my car that aren't functional.

Haven't had much seat time since install but I love them so far!

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

Wow those came out stunning.

Comment

Updates!

Due to the fact that I have a colored interior, I didn't want to lose that while going with an upgraded seat. So I decided to go with AMX Performance, LSB matched Sportsters. Since I like my build to be OEM+, I wanted to keep a few key features.

This includes, keeping an occupancy sensor so I don't need to code out my airbag, Brey Krause seat mounts to have the appropriate height and retain power adjustment and lastly, retaining heated seats option while utilizing the factory heated seat button. I wanted the seats to look like they came from the factory, for the most part and I didn't want any buttons in my car that aren't functional.

Looks great! Do all three heated seat levels work correctly for both seats? I’ve had a lot of trouble dialing mine in (Also AMX). Passenger seat worked right out of the box, but the driver seat took a lot of software hacking in the switching center and really only works for one setting even after hacking.

Also, if you’re interested in sitting a bit lower, it is possible with custom brackets for under $100 https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...706#post200706
                    ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post

Looks great! Do all three heated seat levels work correctly for both seats? I’ve had a lot of trouble dialing mine in (Also AMX). Passenger seat worked right out of the box, but the driver seat took a lot of software hacking in the switching center and really only works for one setting even after hacking.

Also, if you’re interested in sitting a bit lower, it is possible with custom brackets for under $100 https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...706#post200706
                      Thank you! I actually tried to have a shop use the link to your base but they couldn't figure it out for some reason. I finally got some seat time last night and I think you might be right, doesn't seem like the heated seat levels work. I'm going to give it another try when I drive it next!

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

Thank you! I actually tried to have a shop use the link to your base but they couldn't figure it out for some reason. I finally got some seat time last night and I think you might be right, doesn't seem like the heated seat levels work. I'm going to give it another try when I drive it next!
                        Definitely let AMX know they’re not working right. That’s now two data points and you’re the only other person I’ve spoken to that’s gone the heated seat route. They know about mine already.

Good luck!
                        ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post

Definitely let AMX know they’re not working right. That’s now two data points and you’re the only other person I’ve spoken to that’s gone the heated seat route. They know about mine already.

Good luck!
                          Thanks! I'm doing a drive from Toronto to NJ for the annual 46M meet next week. I'll be using the heated seats for sure, once I confirm, then I'll reach out!

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

Would love to hear reports back on the comfort/lumbar aspect of these seats. As much as I'd love to go the Cobra route, retaining the hinged access to the rear is a big priority of mine for kiddos in the back seat.
                            2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

Updates!

OMG this build is so dope! The Recaros looks absolutely amazing. Car is mint inside and out.

Comment

beautiful car. hoping to restore my LSB too. Wish i had your interior color

Comment

Working...
                                X