Immaculate low mileage 2004 Silver Grey CSL Inspired Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-O View Post
    Looks fantastic. Does the strut tower brace make full contact with the strut towers, or does it have just the three raised spots that contact the strut tower?
    Raised spots like on the genuine BMW version.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Raised spots like on the genuine BMW version.
      That's a disappointment.
      Old, not obsolete.

Comment

That's a disappointment.
        Why? Stock, BMW Perf, Karb and Slon all use the same design.

Comment

Would a brace that makes full contact with the strut tower not give more protection against mushrooming?
          Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Would a brace that makes full contact with the strut tower not give more protection against mushrooming?
            The strut tower reinforcement plates that go on the strut top mounts will help with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

The strut tower reinforcement plates that go on the strut top mounts will help with that.
              For sure, but I would think a brace making full contact on the top side would assist in reinforcing the strut tower.
              Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways
                the seam on the throttle body boots is facing up rather than down
                Not sure if Avedis's are the same but just looked at mine (Genuine BMW) I have sitting on my desk and they have 4 seams (e.g. every 90 degrees) so there isn't a “up vs “down”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
                Build Thread:
                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Originally posted by karter16 View Post

Not sure if Avedis's are the same but just looked at mine (Genuine BMW) I have sitting on my desk and they have 4 seams (e.g. every 90 degrees) so there isn't a “up vs “down”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Ah, the old ones have one seam that you can usually put facing down.

Comment

Couple more updates from this week

Remote tuning session with HTE was shockingly easy and fast. I appreciate his willingness to answer questions long before I was a paying customer. His communication and response time was also extremely fast and consistent the whole way through.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9015.jpg Views:	4 Size:	135.0 KB ID:	278704

Back in the engine bay I installed some black plastic protective caps for the strut brace nuts. The titanum nuts that came with the Karbonius strut brace are really nice, I just wanted a more factory look.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9037.jpg Views:	4 Size:	139.6 KB ID:	278705

Next up, I replaced the bubbling ///M badge on the valve cover. The new badge received a layer of high temp ceramic coating prior to going on.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9035.jpg Views:	5 Size:	237.5 KB ID:	278708
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9034.jpg Views:	4 Size:	236.0 KB ID:	278706
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9036.jpg Views:	5 Size:	165.0 KB ID:	278707

I know I said I was done with the interior, but one day I came out to the car and the microphone cover in the sunroof motor cover had fallen out and was hanging by the wiring. I used this as an opportunity to make a small change. The car came with a sunroof (which I never use), and the homelink buttons (which I also never use). I was looking for a totally blank version of the cover, but I was only able to find one that had a single cutout for the microphone cover. Not a huge change, but I used it as an opportunity to continue on with this cars theme of, "the simpler the better."
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9028.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	278715
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9031.jpg Views:	4 Size:	297.3 KB ID:	278710
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9038 2.jpg Views:	4 Size:	61.2 KB ID:	278709
                    Last edited by Avedis; 09-13-2024, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Great updates. HTE is a gentleman, good choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X