• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Job, inspiring! The m3 bumper made a huge difference
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Love this project! Such a cool car. I'm really glad you were able to save/post this build thread.
      E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
      Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
      Melbourne Red e93m3

Comment

Finally got to drive the car again after replacing the RTABs, rear diff cover and front diff mount bushing. I can't believe how big of a difference it made replacing these items, but wow, it is like a different car now!

The front bushing was pretty loose and the driver side rear one fell out when I removed the bolt...

Also,

I'm a complete idiot and didn't tighten the big bolt correctly the first time I pulled it off after replacing the front seal. Big thanks to George for explaining the proper procedure to me!

Comment

Awesome project - one of my bucket list items. Congrats!
          '01 M3, JB/IR, SS, TCK DA, Apex, TMS CSL, HTE, 4:10 gears - original owner
          '00 slicktop Touring converting to full M3 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Finally got to drive the car again after replacing the RTABs, rear diff cover and front diff mount bushing. I can't believe how big of a difference it made replacing these items, but wow, it is like a different car now!

The front bushing was pretty loose and the driver side rear one fell out when I removed the bolt...

Also,

I'm a complete idiot and didn't tighten the big bolt correctly the first time I pulled it off after replacing the front seal. Big thanks to George for explaining the proper procedure to me!
            what diff bushings did u use?

Comment

This thing is sick...nice work, man!

2005 BMW M3 (6MT) Instagram
              2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

My Slow Burn (M3 build thread)
              My DOUBLE thread (garage build)

Comment

Thanks all, the comments are appreciated!

Originally posted by MrClutch55 View Post

what diff bushings did u use?
                I ordered a new diff cover with bushings already installed. I was originally going to do the E36 bushings but decided to just do it right.

Comment

Amazing build thread. The only thing........ The M3 bumper looks out of place without the fenders. Maybe you can get an aftermarket m3 fender that'll fit the wagons fenders? Best thing is to go M3 OE widebody

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                    Amazing build thread. The only thing........ The M3 bumper looks out of place without the fenders. Maybe you can get an aftermarket m3 fender that'll fit the wagons fenders? Best thing is to go M3 OE widebody
                    Would love to go OE widebody. I have the fenders, hood and other pieces needed, just need the skill to splice them onto my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Would love to go OE widebody. I have the fenders, hood and other pieces needed, just need the skill to splice them onto my car.
                      Please do it!

Comment

Thanks for the informative thread! Looking forward to more progress.

Comment

Hi,

Great work. More E46 Wagons with S54 are popping up
                          here and there..

Keep up the good work.

Regards,
                          Anri
                          https://www.instagram.com/euroclassicmotors/.

www.euroclassicmotors.com

Comment

Sold the TSWs on the car and installed a set of LMs.

Comment

ooof, LM's 😍

Comment

Originally posted by S14 View Post
                                ooof, LM's 😍
                                I would have rather had 18s, but I couldn't pass these up. They're 19x8.5 +32 all around and work great. Thinking to add a small spacer to the rear to balance them out. I love the new look and the car honestly feels much better on fresh tires.

I also sold the TSWs in less than two hours so everything worked out great!

Comment

Working...
                                X