Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karter16's Silbergrau E46 M3 Journal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • karter16
    replied
    And they're in my hands 17 days after ordering. Packaging was top-notch - could have thrown the box off my 3 story roof and the parts would have been unaffected.

    They'll stay nicely bagged with their machine oil until I'm ready to test fit and then send for coating.

    I know I keep saying this but heinzboehmer has done an incredible job with this project. Holding the windshield mount you can really appreciate how much work has gone into it's design.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4801.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	359580

    Leave a comment:


  • 0-60motorsports
    replied
    Originally posted by karter16 View Post
    Received a couple of unexpected photos from ApexBatch today of my parts at the initial processing stage!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	SAC013980001-1.png
Views:	301
Size:	976.9 KB
ID:	358761

    Click image for larger version

Name:	SAC013980001-2.png
Views:	306
Size:	386.9 KB
ID:	358760
    Oh that looks Wicked! Nice one.

    Leave a comment:


  • karter16
    replied
    Received a couple of unexpected photos from ApexBatch today of my parts at the initial processing stage!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	SAC013980001-1.png
Views:	301
Size:	976.9 KB
ID:	358761

    Click image for larger version

Name:	SAC013980001-2.png
Views:	306
Size:	386.9 KB
ID:	358760

    Leave a comment:


  • heinzboehmer
    replied
    Oh right! I forgot I added threads. That should make your life way easier.

    Leave a comment:


  • karter16
    replied
    Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
    Awesome!

    AlSi10Mg? Will be interesting to see how you fare with tapping the threads. I recommend using copious amounts of lubricant.

    Also probably worth throwing those on a drill press to get rid of the bits of support material that the fab house missed.
    Yep AlSi10Mg. Yeah I'm going to interested to see how it goes as well. For what it's worth the threads that you added in have printed quite well, so I'm hopeful it might work out.

    Yep there is a small amount of post processing that I'll need to do, looks pretty good everywhere else, and those bits of support material are pretty thin, so hopefully should clean up nicely :-)

    Leave a comment:


  • heinzboehmer
    replied
    Awesome!

    AlSi10Mg? Will be interesting to see how you fare with tapping the threads. I recommend using copious amounts of lubricant.

    Also probably worth throwing those on a drill press to get rid of the bits of support material that the fab house missed.

    Leave a comment:


  • karter16
    replied
    These arrived today!

    Sooo cool - you've done an amazing job heinzboehmer!!!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4729.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	357235

    Leave a comment:


  • heinzboehmer
    replied
    Originally posted by karter16 View Post
    Published v1 of the app yesterday: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...sh-counter-etc

    Also ordered heinzboehmer 's modified strut bar brackets today! slowly amassing the parts I need for that project
    Heeell yeah!

    I'm excited to see you tackle this.

    Leave a comment:


  • George Hill
    replied
    🤣🤣

    Leave a comment:


  • karter16
    replied

    And here's the evidence to show you all I'm not insane.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • 0-60motorsports
    replied
    Originally posted by karter16 View Post

    you using tapatalk? there's a long running bug with this forum where for some reason clicking on some valid links take you to a post of a woman wearing a skirt with the eye of Sauron on it (not a euphemism) is that it? The link is good.
    Ahhahahahha yes!

    Leave a comment:


  • karter16
    replied
    Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

    That links seems to lead to a spam thread mate
    you using tapatalk? there's a long running bug with this forum where for some reason clicking on some valid links take you to a post of a woman wearing a skirt with the eye of Sauron on it (not a euphemism) is that it? The link is good.

    Leave a comment:


  • 0-60motorsports
    replied
    Originally posted by karter16 View Post
    Published v1 of the app yesterday: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...sh-counter-etc

    Also ordered heinzboehmer 's modified strut bar brackets today! slowly amassing the parts I need for that project
    That links seems to lead to a spam thread mate

    Leave a comment:


  • karter16
    replied
    Published v1 of the app yesterday: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...sh-counter-etc

    Also ordered heinzboehmer 's modified strut bar brackets today! slowly amassing the parts I need for that project

    Leave a comment:


  • karter16
    replied
    Okay - Lots of updates.

    George Hill has very patiently tested reading/writing on an MSS54 and helped resolve several issues. I made things worse yesterday by rushing trying not to waste his time and ended up wasting more of his time with dumb mistakes 🙈. Anyhow George has confirmed reading/writing is now working and the logs look great!

    I've also been unable to resist adding some more features this week:

    Re-worked connection screen to help guide users through the connection process. Essentially plug in your cable, turn ignition on. The app will detect ignition when it's active and automatically connect and begin the query process.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2026-05-10 at 8.33.55 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	354904

    Ability to read and reset adaptions is now implemented:

    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2026-05-10 at 8.44.11 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	231.9 KB ID:	354905

    And Recycle DME (virginisation), EWS Re-sync and EWS Initial Sync are now implemented, but untested. George is planning to test the Recycle DME and EWS Initial Sync features when he gets a chance.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2026-05-10 at 8.35.12 AM.png
Views:	232
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	354906


    The app is now converging around a stable feature set. I'm hoping to finish getting things tidied up and am aiming for an initial release next weekend!

    Oh, one other thing, in his testing feedback Bry5on noted that programming mode is slightly inconvenient in that to get out of it (and regain access to features that are blocked in programming mode) it is necessary to power-cycle the ignition and reconnect the app. I've got to do some experimenting but I think I've found a way for the app to reboot the DME and auto-reconnect to it which, if I can get it working well, I will also implement.
    Last edited by karter16; 05-09-2026, 12:56 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X