No announcement yet.

Malloy's 2005 Silver Grey Metallic / Impuls Cloth / Slicktop / 6MT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please post more pics with the E88's.You perfected your set up.

Comment

^ Agreed. This is a winner. Love a cloth interior M3.

What are the wheel specs exactly? Camber/Ride height?

Comment

Very nice! What spring rates are the ohlins?

Comment

Wow very nice!! 🏆
          TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
          Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
          Evolve Eventuri
          - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

What a great build thread 👍🏽

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            -Singh
            2004 e46 ///3 | Laguna Seca Blue | Black Leather | 6MT | Coupe
            BBS RC | Supersprint | Ground Control |
            Besian

Comment

Thanks, guys! It's an off-the-shelf R&T kit with Ohlins camber plates.

The rear driveshaft seal has been "leaking" for a while and the car is a greasy mess underneath. My dealer and indy tech claim it's not easily serviced so I purchased a new DS. Ouch. The car feels fine with no vibrations at any speed but I don't want to risk a DS failure.

The new driveshaft, diff cover and front/rear Hotchkis sways will be installed next week.

I finally received these Supersprint parts that were ordered in May! I hope to have these installed and the car tuned before winter. Oh, I'll probably ditch the UUC shifter for something less notchy.
              2005 M3 - SGM, 6MT, Impuls Cloth, Slicktop
              2022 M3 - BRG, Tartufo, xDrive​

Comment

Super clean build. Keep it up and enjoy in good health!

Comment

The setup with the E88s is perfection. I need a set now.
                  2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag Plates - SSv1- SS Dual 2.5" Sec.2 - SS (Hamann) Street Sec.3 - 3.91 Gears - BBS E88s - 996 Brembo - PSMax - SDW Monoball - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus CSL - Karbonius - HTE Tuning - AEM 50-1200

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
                  Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

Originally posted by Malloy View Post
                    ~2 years ago I had the full CSL box setup - but I chickened out and sold everytthing. I heard a few stories about jerky throttle issues which are still my largest fear. The idea of spending $4k+ and having a throttle worse than stock still scares me...

a few years ago this was the case, but by and large those issues seem to have been resolved and imo the culprit was tuning. my issues were fixed after some diagnosing and retuning by PCE. most documented cases of hesitation at low rpm seem to get resolved these days.

fantastic build btw! would love to hear your opinions/comparisons of the parts you're swapping in and out!

Comment

Working...
                    X