No announcement yet.

Alex's "Smurfenstein" LSB Copart Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your car makes me feel bad that my car hasn't gotten very much love in the past few months. Gorgeous and inspirational!
    2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

Hey all, it's been a while since I have had an update with the car. Sadly I am thinking about selling it. I just don't drive it as much anymore since I have gotten the S2000.

I have put so much money and countless hours into it and hate to sell. I know I won't get that money back, but I don't see a point of it just sitting in the garage collecting dust.

Big 3 is obviously done, and yes it does have a rebuilt title. You can see from the accident pictures in the beginning of this thread that it wasn't a major accident. A quarter panel replacement is a common fix, even for clean title cars. The car was professional repaired, and received a full LSB respray with all moldings removed. I've brought the M3 to many car shows in the Chicagoland area and people always compliment how clean the car is. There is not one spec of rust underneath, it has been an Arizona/Texas car before I bought it and garaged every winter. I welcome any sort of PPI.

​​​​​Here is additional info... I am probably forgetting a lot, but this will give you an idea of everything that has been done to it.

3rd Owner/Purchased in 2017/Texas Car/No Rust

Original VIN Laguna Seca Blue / Dove / 6 Speed Manual / ~169k

90k Mile Black Nappa Interior Swap

Service

Oil Changes every 5k Miles w/LiquiMoly 10w60

41k - Rod Bearing Recall Performed at BMW Dealer

147k - New Bosch Alternator

150k - OE BMW RTAB Replacement at Performance Eurowerks

161k - Rod Bearings Replaced w/ACL Coated Bearings, LUK Clutch Replacement, LUK Flywheel Replacement, CSB, Driveshaft Guibo Bushing, Diff Pinion Seal

162k - Vanos Rebuilt w/Beisan and Anti-rattle, Updated Cam Bolts, Valve Adjustment, Cooling System Overhaul w/High-temp O-Rings, Fan Clutch, Thermostat, Water Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, OE BMW Coil Packs, NGK Spark Plugs

165k - Full Laguna Seca Blue Respray w/all moldings and gaskets removed

168k - Subframe Reinforced at Performance Eurowerks w/Turner Aluminum Bushings, Poly Diff Bushings, Porsche 996 BBK, Turner Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Castrol SRF Racing Brake Fluid, OE BMW Front Shock Tower Reinforcement Plates, Mahle Fuel Filter

Modifications

OE BMW CSL Bootlid

OE BMW LED Tail lights w/Coding

OE BMW Euro Cats

OE BMW Alarm w/Coding

ZHP "Yellow Label" Steering Rack

BuildJournal Bspec Tune

Megan Catless Headers

BillyBoat Section 3 Exhaust, OE Exhaust included

BBS RG-R’s - Front: 18x8.5” Rear: 18x10”

KW V3 Coilovers

Vorshlag Camber Plates

AutoSolutions SSK 30% Reduction

Porsche 996 BBK in Yellow w/ZCP Rotors

ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines

ECS LED Interior Light Kit

BimmerWorld Vanos Line

APEX Stud Kit w/APEX Wheel Locks

Castrol SRF Race Brake Fluid

BavSound Speaker Upgrade

Eonon Radio w/Apple CarPlay

“M-Rain” Shift and E-brake Boots

OE BMW ZCP Alcantara E-brake Handle

OE BMW ZHP Weighted Shifter

E90 Rear View Mirror Upgrade w/Compass/Auto Dim/Garage Door Opener

70% 3M Ceramic Tint

With all of that said, what do you all think is a fair price for the car? Thank you for your input!

Last edited by alexM3Chicago; 08-29-2021, 09:03 AM.

Comment

So hard to say with rebuilt title. Big money with clean title ofc.

You'd make more $ parting it out down to the shell.

As is, I want to say $30k, but not sure if someone can swallow that for a salvage. LSB helps immensely.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          So hard to say with rebuilt title. Big money with clean title ofc.

You'd make more $ parting it out down to the shell.

As is, I want to say $30k, but not sure if someone can swallow that for a salvage. LSB helps immensely.
          Thank you for the input, that was helpful. From the LSB comps that I have seen, I am thinking maybe $35k with a clean title. With the rebuilt title, I am honestly thinking of listing at $XX. I think that is more than fair considering the maintenance, big 3, and OE+ mods. Sadly, I can't part it out as I don't have that kind of time anymore.
          Last edited by alexM3Chicago; 12-01-2021, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I would go higher and see. It's a silly market, and I think your timing is good. LSB is so sought after, don't underestimate.

Really highlight why it's a rebuilt and how it was fixed to give buyer more peace of mind.

Many can't afford a $50k modded LSB or IB ZCP, but want an example that stands out, so they may bite
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              I would go higher and see. It's a silly market, and I think your timing is good. LSB is so sought after, don't underestimate.

Really highlight why it's a rebuilt and how it was fixed to give buyer more peace of mind.

Many can't afford a $50k modded LSB or IB ZCP, but want an example that stands out, so they may bite
              Good point, I'll definitely do that. It is for sure a silly market.

I'll most likely officially list here before I list on FB marketplace/groups.

Comment

Keep it. You have put in all the work on a really nice build on one of the most iconic cars of the era (or any era). Your sweat equity is worth more than what you're going to get out of it but I know it's hard to sit on something worth $20k-$30k not doing anything for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

great job so far. car looks lovely. reminds me of years ago when a forum member on M3F bought an 04 LSB from auction that had nasty front end damage and he brought that thing back to like new condition.
                  2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                  2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                  2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Hey Alex, sent you a message. Thanks

Comment

What’s the word here OP? Did you sell and instantly regret it? Did you keep it?
                      Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Nice save, car looks really great now!

Don’t sell, my car sat from 2009 until 2021 and amassed probably 25k miles during that time (career obligations) and I went through the whole sell or don’t sell thought process. Ended up not selling. These cars are such a pleasure to drive. You’ve done the big three, now it’s just routine maintenance and enjoy!

Comment

Haven’t sold yet. Will make a listing here as well on a couple of FB groups soon. I just started a new job and haven’t had any time yet. Cars just been sitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by alexM3Chicago View Post
                            Haven’t sold yet. Will make a listing here as well on a couple of FB groups soon. I just started a new job and haven’t had any time yet. Cars just been sitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            don’t do it bro. I’ve gone back and forth on mine. You will never be able to get another LSB for reasonable money. And if you do, it won’t be sorted like yours.

Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

In for the potential sale!

Just read through your build. Sweet, sweet ride. You should be proud of your ownership time and what you've done with this car.
                              Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X