Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post
      With the motor pretty much back together it was time to give it a test fire and makes sure there were no major issues or leaks. That ended up being quite a challenge... First I triple check that all the wiring was correct. Not easy as the harness has been modified in the past:

Click image for larger version Name:	50156488051_53e9cd0f4d_z.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.0 KB ID:	49326

As expected there was a ton of SMG and DME codes and a persistent cog of death light. My plan was to just work through all of the bleeding/adaptation procedures one at a time. In the past I have used DIS for service and coding but I got tired of keeping that running in virtual Win XP instance and all the BS that causes. So put some effort in this winter to get ISTA+ running on a Win 10 machine. Glad I did that, much easier to work with.

Click image for larger version Name:	50208296322_51213a1cd3_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.8 KB ID:	49323

I was able to bleed the SMG pump and run clutch adaptation with ISTA+. After a couple rounds of that and a lot of code clearing I was finally able to get the car to crank. I had kept the fuel and ignition off so I could crank it using the starter to build fuel pressure first. Then hooked it all back up and it fired right up with no issues. Let it warm up then changed the oil.

I then came across this SMG bleeding thread from Irhase46m3 and based on his experience did a couple more bleeds using INPA as well as taking the pump out of its relocation bracket so it was horizontal. At this point I'm pretty confident all the air is out!

Click image for larger version Name:	50208020776_cab0ebb030_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.6 KB ID:	49324

Click image for larger version Name:	50202888372_e48db0dd49_z.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.0 KB ID:	49325
      How do you get ISTA+ to work on an e46, i can only get inpa to work

Comment

This is by far the most beautiful build thread i've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by inlinesix123 View Post

How do you get ISTA+ to work on an e46, i can only get inpa to work
          I bought a cable and install off of eBay. Ultimately though I went back to INPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Damn nice build!!
            2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Working...
            X