Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve's 997 Adventures, Mistakes and Build

(originally posted 10/7/19)

About six months ago I made a huge mistake and accepted an offer on my 18k mile 911 C2S. I thought it was a good idea to sell since I didn't use it that often and it felt wrong putting miles on such a low mileage car. It was really a great build, sport seats, sport exhaust, factory aero and other little things that made it just about perfect, other than having a stone grey interior.

I left it mostly stock, other than wheels and suspension.

The buyer wanted it in factory condition, so I returned it to stock and hesitantly gave it to the transport driver and ended up walking almost a mile home wondering if I made the right decision or not.

I immediately picked up an Avus Blue E36 M3 to play around with and to try something different. I actually love the E36, it's a fun car and blue cars always end up being some of my favorites; however, I was still somewhat missing the 911 at times.

About six months after letting the black car go I was looking at autotrader to see if it happened to be for sale again. It wasn't, but I did see one that really sparked my interest from a private seller. Not only was it my favorite color, it also had a black interior with full leather, two options my other car didn't have that I really wanted at times. I decided to go look at it and the rest is history. One of the easiest car deals of my life, which I think is a great sign as I think buying a car should be easy, not a headache.

Anyway, on to the details. It's an 06 Lapis Blue C2S on black full leather with a manual transl. Has just under 60k miles, which is perfect as I can drive it as much as I want without having to worry. Overall, I'm quite happy with this one and hope it ends up being a long term keeper. Did I mention blue is my favorite color?

So in summary, if you're thinking of selling your 911 while prices are hot, don't.

(originally posted 11/18/19)

Had the weekend to myself so I changed the car up a bit. Suspension, wheels and clear turn markers made a world of difference.

Went for an alignment on Saturday. The car was a bit squirrely on the way there, but drives great now.

Last edited by Steve; 04-02-2020, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Video I made of my suspension install

How to code out PASM on a 997

Also, the actual DIY I made on my original car if anyone is interested to see how the suspension compares to that of a M3.

Comment

The above brings us up to date as of April 2020.

I haven't done anything new mod wise, but I grabbed a few new photos of the car last night and wanted to share them.

My next mod will likely be some type of front lip as the front bumper just doesn't look that aggressive to me and I miss the aero bumper that my old car had. Speaking of, I tried to order the aero bumper only to find out that it is on backorder and likely won't be produced again

Comment

beautiful ride and your previous with the aero kit is awesome too. Pretty sure u got good money on your last one😉

Comment

Really really nice car and love the color
            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Thanks all.

Just a little tease of my new mod.

More to come soon once installed.

Comment

looks great

Comment

Love the color. The suspension and wheels are a great improvement while keeping it subtle and stock looking still.

Comment

That is such a beautiful color. I've spent a fair amount of time behind a Porsche branded steering wheel and I gotta say, they're pretty amazing cars. Now if only I could talk my wife into letting me spend $100k on a 997 GT3...
                    E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
                    Melbourne Red e93m3

Comment

That blue is gorgeous. My dad has a 997.2 C2S that I've gotten to play with, once the Numeric shifter was installed it's pure perfection.

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
                      That is such a beautiful color. I've spent a fair amount of time behind a Porsche branded steering wheel and I gotta say, they're pretty amazing cars. Now if only I could talk my wife into letting me spend $100k on a 997 GT3...
                      Do it. You could probably drive it for a few years and sell it, only losing maintenance costs.
                      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

I've been really slow in working on this car due to picking up a 360 that's a huge project. I did finally get the aerokit painted over the weekend. Hoping the paint matches well but we will see soon when I go to install it.

The rear wing base has some fitment issues and a corner was damaged in shipping. Thinking to take it to a bodyshop as it's not OE and I'd like for it to look decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          ...I've been really slow in working on this car due to picking up a 360 that's a huge project. ....
                          360, as in Ferrari?

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post

360, as in Ferrari?
                            Yup, a dream and nightmare come true at the same time

Lots of info on it in this thread:

Comment

Congrats! Looking forward to reading more about it.

Aaannnd just noticed I've previously commented in that thread... I need to do a better job of noting who the OPs are. doh! Congrats again. Nice stable of cars, too!

Comment

Working...
                              X