No announcement yet.

Steve's 997 Adventures, Mistakes and Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had my aerokit bumper sitting in a huge box for a few months now and finally got around to installing it. I did the paintwork myself and I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. I also cleaned my radiators while I had the bumper off and I was shocked at how much junk was stuck between them and the condensers. Overall, not a difficult job, but I did take my time to clean things and make sure everything was done right.

Since a lot of people liked the DIY I did on installing coilovers, I decided to do one to show what all must be done to install the aerokit bumper as well as clean the radiators. I wouldn't say it is overly difficult, but you do need to swap over quite a few things from the standard bumper. The nice thing about the aerokit is that it comes with everything needed to install that isn't interchangeable with the standard bumper.

And of course, photos after the install. For paint ordered online, I'm very happy with the outcome! I decided to do the lip in satin black since it will take a lot of abuse. I used vinyl dye on it and think the sheen compliments the painted surfaces very well.

Comment

That is a beautiful car!

Comment

Found a flooded parking lot and couldn't resist some new photos.

Comment

Took almost a year, but finally installed the wing

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Took almost a year, but finally installed the wing

Looks great

Comment

That wing is gorgeous. Where did you get it? I need to watch your suspension videos, I'm curious how coding PASM out works on 911s.

I was rereading the post and saw you say $100k for a 997 GT3... man if I could find a good one for $100k I'd buy it today. Crazy how much the market changed in ~7 months.
              '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
                That wing is gorgeous. Where did you get it? I need to watch your suspension videos, I'm curious how coding PASM out works on 911s.

I was rereading the post and saw you say $100k for a 997 GT3... man if I could find a good one for $100k I'd buy it today. Crazy how much the market changed in ~7 months.
                Believe it or not, it's an ebay wing and deck lid. I am extremely happy with how it came out for the price that was paid.

PASM coding can be done in less than five minutes with the foxwell tool. It's crazy how fast everything takes place when you're used to dealing with NCS Expert on the E46!

Comment

Working...
                X