Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice colour and amazing updates

Comment

Bearings pulled! In good shape so likely not original but better safe than sorry, needed a new oil pan gasket anyway.

Replaced with coated bearings and arp bolts since it’s an 01

Comment

Engine bay needs a detail but the airbox install is underway!

Comment

Nice. I hope this box holds up for you and that they have finally fixed it

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
            Nice. I hope this box holds up for you and that they have finally fixed it
            Me too! Will update this thread with my experiences

Comment

Getting it back this weekend, will post impressions soon!

Comment

The build looks incredible so far! I also decided on the Fortune Autos but still waiting for them to arrive. Curious to see how you like the ride and handling.

Comment

Originally posted by Heirforce1 View Post
                  The build looks incredible so far! I also decided on the Fortune Autos but still waiting for them to arrive. Curious to see how you like the ride and handling.
                  Thank you! I really enjoyed driving it today with all the new pieces but I can’t go over 4K rpm for 1000 miles which is brutal

The suspension is really impressive so far, it seems as compliant as stock while also being sportier. No “bounciness” either. It is my first set of Coilovers, I’ve always done springs but since this suspension had 140k I figured I’d give them a go and I’m really happy I did so far, let me know if there’s any specific questions I can answer!

Comment

Originally posted by Bgexpress View Post

Thank you! I really enjoyed driving it today with all the new pieces but I can’t go over 4K rpm for 1000 miles which is brutal

The suspension is really impressive so far, it seems as compliant as stock while also being sportier. No “bounciness” either. It is my first set of Coilovers, I’ve always done springs but since this suspension had 140k I figured I’d give them a go and I’m really happy I did so far, let me know if there’s any specific questions I can answer!
                    What coilovers did you go for. That airbox looks great. As far as bearing change there should be no run in period. Just drive carefully for a few miles to make sure all is well and then floor it.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

What coilovers did you go for. That airbox looks great. As far as bearing change there should be no run in period. Just drive carefully for a few miles to make sure all is well and then floor it.
                      I went for the fortune auto 500s. Thanks! I plan to remove the turner sticker and put an OEM one on there.

My shop said the rod bearing service bulletin from back in the day recommended a break in period and then an oil change, is that not correct?

I went on my first back road drive tonight and it was sublime. The new suspension, refreshed RTABs, yellow tag rack and air box all make this car feel that much more special. I went with the Kassel tune and I’m impressed with how well all the parts work together.

Comment

Bgexpress in theory your bearings should never come into contact with the crank. There is nothing to break in. Unlike new rings/hone for instance which do require a small break in period where they wear each other down and seal together. Assuming the motor was healthy prior, the bearings were done preventatively and it survived the first 20 minutes of driving, you should be clear to give it the beans.

Comment

Was wondering the same on bearings as I have exactly zero miles on my new set. Just started up on stands once.

Good call on ditching the Turner sticker.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Asking if a break in procedure is necessary after doing bearings is kind of like asking which oil is best – you'll get a million different opinions. BMW did specify a break in procedure with the service bulletin, but if your shop offers a warranty or anything like that, then it's probably best to do what they told you to.

Relevant thread: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...k-in-procedure
                            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

New sticker installed! Time for another drive 😎

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X