Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by terra View Post
    Here you go.

First 1536 KBs are the external flash. Last 512kb is internal flash. Partial would be 0x40000 - 0x5FFFF in the external flash
    Thank you terra

Comment

terra
      Do you need a specific cable like for the MSS6X for the MSS70??

Comment

Should work with any cable that works with INPA

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

I'm intently following this...
            Absolutely phenomenal work by all involved.

Comment

I want to give a feedback on this flasher for MSV70 ECUs. Tried on my N52 engine with MSV70 ecu program version 921S software version 0GI1S HW reference 0049PP0 followed the first time use procedure but after i flash the RSA bypass with a full flash the ecu bricks itself reporting error DME Checksum

Update: Be careful when compiling the source I accidentally changed the encoding which resulted in partially different full read of the stock binary.
              Last edited by MsRaZoRR; 11-04-2023, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MsRaZoRR View Post
                I want to give a feedback on this flasher for MSV70 ECUs. Tried on my N52 engine with MSV70 ecu program version 921S software version 0GI1S HW reference 0049PP0 followed the first time use procedure but after i flash the RSA bypass with a full flash the ecu bricks itself reporting error DME Checksum

Update: Be careful when compiling the source accidentally changed the encoding which resulted in partially different full read of the stock binary.
                Update is not completely clear. Did it mean to say - "Be careful when compiling the source. I accidentally changed the encoding which resulted in partially different full read of the stock binary" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Update is not completely clear. Did it mean to say - "Be careful when compiling the source. I accidentally changed the encoding which resulted in partially different full read of the stock binary" ?
                  Yes correct sorry I missed a letter. I corrected it

Comment

hello.
                    first of all, thank you so much for sharing this kind software for free. its simply impressive

Today, i tried to read from MSV70 but it doesnt work quite well, i think it just reads out junk data which is 41kb for full read.
                    the cable i use has latest ediabaslib from github which is working fine with MSS60 flasher, so my assumption is not the cable problem.

is there any solution for this problem? or do i missing something important to do?

terra
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is incredible, thank you so much Terra and Co for this software. This is one of the best things to happen to the community ever!

Comment

That's really great stuff. I am apreciate it.

Already did one full read MSV70(worked well) but I wonder if is it possible to make it work with ICOM ? I assume that would be safer than KDcan.
                        After making RSA bypass with MSx70 flasher can I flash edited .0da files with winkfp ?

Comment

I successfully done the full/tune read... based on the file sizes.
                          1. I already have tuned firmware, do I need an RSA patch? This was done using Kess.
                          2. If I successfully flashed my AT using my cable and xHP, does that mean my cable is good enough for DME flashing?

BTW maybe anyone has xdf for MSV70 (9PP82L)? 9PPL921S xdf not fits​

Comment

Originally posted by MsRaZoRR View Post

Update: Be careful when compiling the source I accidentally changed the encoding which resulted in partially different full read of the stock binary.
                            How did you accidentally change the encoding?

Feedback. My initial RSA bypass attempt was unsuccessful. DME reported a write error at a certain address. After that I tried again and everything was going well until the signature verification step. So now I have DME in "Signaturprüfung PAF nicht durchgeführt / Signature check PAF not done" state.
                            I had tuned firmware, not factory. And, unfortunately, I can't restore the factory firmware with WinKFP, because SP-Daten doesn't include an update for my ecu 7559500.

Comment

Since the audience here is a bit more into ECUs, i think its a good thread to place this.

MSS70 seems to use the same MAF signal conversion as MSV70 which limits it to 1024kg/h. We came up with an untested solution for this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	grafik.png
Views:	293
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	251185

This is the parts where the MAF ADC signal gets left shifted. If you nop this, its possible to measure 2048kg/h.

Therefor simply seach the file for "55 6B 0B FC 7D 8C 5B 96" and replace both occurances with "60 00 00 00 7D 8C 5B 96".

After doing that, edit "id_maf_tab" conversion to " X*0.03125 ​" and reenter the characteristics.

On another note, the standard MAF seems to be nerfed by BMW and could measure more than 1024kg/h.

Views:	293
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	251186
                              I extrapolated that curve and came to something that could measure up to 1222kg/h.

Views:	286
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	251187

If somebody wants to try that, let me know

Comment

Good to know there is a workaround. I only don't know a car to test it on to consume more than 1024kg/h of air.
                                I did have seen an G-Power compressor on a Z4 with MSS70 in the past but I believe they removed MAF from it and went alpha-n.....

Comment

Working...
                                X