No announcement yet.

2020 BMW M3 + M4 G80/G82 Official Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's nothing new but I still can't get over the split into M3/M4. Why would you do that to such an iconic name/brand?

M = Marketing. The styling just feels not German at all. There is nothing understate or elegant about this. Not to name any names, but I have to imagine the target audience for this are the often time gaudy and tasteless "new money" markets.

And why the fk do I have to buy M-Performance parts for my M3. Shouldn't the whole car be M-Performance?? Not that I would want to make the car even uglier..
    2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

on the design: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSj1Nj2rTc8

Comment

Have you guys seen the "people" in the new ads for the new M3/M4? Can't tell if they're boys or girls or both, and they def don't look like "car people."

I like how they always show 20-30 year old hipsters who make $50k/y with this new $100k car lol.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          20-30 year old hipsters
          don't be jealous old fart! 😜🤣

Comment

Get off my lawn! Get out of M division, BMW!
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

£3500 for electric carbon fiber seats with fans in them. £5000 for the M package on the M cars.

It's like BMW had a change in management and the hipster, sons took over Not trying to start conspriacies or anything BUUUUUT Infiniti said the new Q60 wasn't going to compete with the M3. They also do share alot of similarities. BMW has been swinging Japanese lately.

Someone should investigate.
              This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
                £5000 for the M package on the M cars.
                You are joking right? 😳

$4000 for the seats is not that bad. Will they sell them separately so we can put them in e46? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                  You are joking right? 😳

$4000 for the seats is not that bad. Will they sell them separately so we can put them in e46? :-)
                  NOW you’re asking the real questions. Those would be ridiculous in an e46. I can’t lie I’m in love with those seats. A carbon bucket with street safety and comfort. At BMW quality.

I’m sure we will be able to buy them separately. They should have a PN. Curious as what they will cost alone. If someone made adapter mounts I would be down

Comment

So yep, those new cars will be a best deal on the copart.com. You can get either seats or.... usually you hope that it was a rear end accident, but in case of new m3/4 you will be looking at cars with no front so you can retrofit 330 front end hehe.

Comment

So yep, those new cars will be a best deal on the copart.com. You can get either seats or.... usually you hope that it was a rear end accident, but in case of new m3/4 you will be looking at cars with no front so you can retrofit 330 front end hehe.

Here’s that 330 front end concept

And here’s a cool approach. I like both of these designs more than what bmw is showing us...

Comment

The entire design is a steaming pile of vomit. The front, the back, the sides. All of it is bad, really bad.
                        BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

It’s like in that video I posted above. The designer says that to complex and flashy designs get outdated in a year or two. Look at new Toyota and Honda. He says that top car companies used to manage designs that are simple and yet memorable and transformative with key point that help to distinct the car heritage. New BMW cars are none of that, really like a glorified ( read AliExpress body kits added) accord.

On the other hand, maybe we just old and too conservative here?

Comment

I love the interior / Carbon seats, really sexy.

for the exterior (yuck with a 5% chance i might change my mind when i see it in person) surely, the design team followed the marketing insights. the target audience has changed whom are now; young, bold, hip, and rich (referring to their latest ads). If i remember correcty, previously their ads where about a rich business person in their 30's that wore a suit and then took off his tie and got in their M car to bash it. im 37 years old, and they probably want to fit me in the segment of having the M5, M8 or M2; it's no longer the iconic name of 'M3' like the good old days. In my opinion, just how we love the e46 M3, the M2 generations will be our updated replacement (love its looks or not).

Anyways, i think the new M3/M4 size is getting too large and driving an M2 competition kind of ticks the box for old e30/ e36/ e46 M3 generations (but turbo'ed)

(i own an e46 M3 and F82 M4)

Comment

Isn’t m2 comp like 1700kg?

Comment

Isn’t m2 comp like 1700kg?
                                yeah, M2c is within 50 lbs of an F82 M4 lol. Just has a shorter wheelbase.
                                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Working...
                                X