No announcement yet.

NorCal meets and drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMWCCA is planning their first autox on Aug 1 (Sunday).

Location is Crow's Landing, which is a huge open area (old NASA/testing airport). Rough map-wise (if you are too lazy to look at google maps), it's east of San Jose, kind of between Modesto and Merced, off of HW5.

I've never run with this group in Norcal (it's their first autox since 2019), but the way the airstrips are laid out, the courses are usually large (1min+).

All cars are welcome.

I plan on signing up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

There is also a free BMW promotional event happening at Cow's Palace (Daly City) Aug 5-8.

They are allowing you to test out a new M440i on a short "autocross" course, and then you can also test drive/street drive other models they will have there. Don't know how many "runs" there will be. No passengers allowed in car with you during autocross portion, you can have passengers during the street drive.

This event is free. You sign up for about a 2 hour window.

I signed up for 11:30 window on Friday (can't do that weekend).

You promise to keep DSC on at all times. That is one of the conditions to sign up, LOL.

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

That event sounds like fun, signed up for Sunday at 5 PM.

That DSC clause is hilarious
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Let’s have a E46 M3 only meet up some time. Just a morning to meet some fellow enthusiasts. Anyone know of a good location for this?

Comment

Originally posted by MotorSportThree View Post
            Let’s have a E46 M3 only meet up some time. Just a morning to meet some fellow enthusiasts. Anyone know of a good location for this?
            Depends on where everyone lives and how far folks are willing to drive.

I'm in San Jose, some guys are in SF, some are north of SF.

Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

We could always meet in the middle too
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

I’m on the central coast so I know I have to drive at least an hour but that’s okay with me. If we meet in the San Jose general area I think that could work for most.

Comment

it would be great to get to meet the local M3 crowd. subscribed

Comment

I'll be at the Novato Cars and Coffee this Sunday, if anyone wants to join. Planning to get there around 8-8:30.

Networking event in Novato, CA by Marin County - Cars and Coffee on Sunday, August 1 2021 with 148 people interested and 63 people going.

Comment

Saturday Nov 20 (weekend before Thanksgiving), autox at Sonoma.

I signed up.

Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

A few of us are heading up to the cars and coffee in Novato this Sunday, in case anyone wants to join. Will probably end up getting there around 8.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

I'll be doing fam photos on sunday, so cant make that, but I signed up for autox at Sonoma with Trackmasters on Sat Nov 20. They allowed drifting, so will prob do some sideways action and have fun.

Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

If anyone is interested in "autox" at Sonoma, speedsf is hosting on Sat and Sun, Feb 5-6.

Speedsf.com on Saturday, February 5, 2022 - Sunday, February 6, 2022 at Sonoma Raceway, Sonoma, CA - Sonoma Raceway Paddock - Auto-X (Sound Limit: 103 db) Feb 5th-6th (Sat-Sun) This event is SOLD OUT Auto-X (No Drifting) No Course Works needed ALL Day at Sonoma in the Paddock, unlimited runs Each dr...

First 50 entrants get in for $99 (vs regular $130), no work required. As of right now I believe they have 37 sign ups.

To be upfront (I might have mentioned this before), they don't run standard autox, it's a bit less strict/organized. It's a "dynamic" course, so if you hit a cone and it moves 2 feet that becomes the new course, cones are not moved back (unless someone really goes lawn mowing, then they fix things).

Last time I ran with them they didnt have timing working (it was their first time trying to set it up) they might get it working this time...

They allow cat and mouse and trains, but all drivers participating in cat mouse and train have to agree/be comfortable, so people dont just join your run blindly.

If you want to push the car, do car control, etc, great time. Get a lot of runs.

I'll be doing drifting, so if you want to ride along, chat, meet, etc.

Wife and I signed up for Saturday Feb 5 only. I'll run M3, she will run s2k, but I can do ride alongs in either car for fun. I'm forgoing a Sonoma trackday to have fun with wife and some friends. Hopefully some folks can make it out. Finish those carbon airbox and carbon roof winter projects.

Small clip from last time I ran with them: https://youtu.be/rSfFPv0cMSk

Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

Nice, signed up for Saturday as well. See you guys there!

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                                Nice, signed up for Saturday as well. See you guys there!
                                Cool. There will be a few M3 guys there.

Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

Working...
                                X