NorCal meets and drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

That sucks. Hopefully the situation changes soon and we can start going on drives again.
    I have scouts running the other way, starting on 9 and going to Alice's, saying people are sending it hard from Alice's.
    Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

When are we resuming these drives?

Came back from Alice's couple weeks ago and it's lively, unfortunate the current spike in the Bay Area though.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Im 100 down for a mines run - have several friend ready to run

Comment

I'm down for a drive mid-january or so (gotta quarantine for work).
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I'll be out of commission for while, need to figure out weird car behavior to smog it...but should only be a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

where we at with this? Anything on the books
              2002 M3 | 1986 R80 | 2001 EuroVan

Comment

Originally posted by cudzich09 View Post
                where we at with this? Anything on the books
                We are right here, bro. Haha.

It's been track/autox season.

For drives, highways around Alice's have been hot, a lot of clowns rolling their cars, crashing, etc, so they've been heavily patrolled.

I do agree, that with things opening up, we could put something on the books. Maybe even join a cars and coffee (which I'm usually not a fan of) and hangout, put usernames to faces, etc.

I know some guys track their cars, or want to (beginner/novice with instructor in the car is becoming a thing again), we could get together at one of those events, but I guess that would attract a subset of folks.

We could book some time at a kart track, that could be fun.

Just throwing ideas out. Doing drives these days is a bit iffy.

Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

Really? I've been up to Alice's a couple times in the past few weeks and haven't seen any cops at all.

The cars and coffee in novato officially started up again, so maybe we could meet there next month. Track meetups sound awesome too.

Open for anything really. As you said, it'd be fun to put usernames to faces.
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Where and what organizations do you guys usually track with?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Comment

I've only been once, but I went to Thunderhill (3 mile) with Hooked on Driving. Expensive, but they're super strict on safety, so it was worth it to me as a beginner.

Got another track day (tentatively) planned for september with them at Thunderhill again.

Once I get some more experience, I'll try to hit all the other California tracks. Laguna seca is about as far from me as Thunderhill is, so that one is next. SoCal tracks are much further away, but fortunately I've got several friends who live down there.

Comment

Cops AT Alice's have not been that bad, agree, it's getting there from anywhere, they park up. Cars been pulled over on 9, 35, 84, parts Pescadero even.

Here is a shot from few days ago. Don't know whose car it is...also don't know if they are getting it back...

Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

There are just a lot of idiots in their BRZ, Honda Fit, Ford ST, whatever, running touge in the area, flipping cars, blocking roads, so that has attracted a lot more heat to patrol.

So be ready for exhaust modifications, front license plate, etc.

Sounds like there might be an interest (at least for some) to do track days, for others it will be cars and coffee.

A lot of orgs for track days - hod, speedsf, ncrc, trackmasters, etd (exclusive track days), etc. Motorsportreg.com is your friend. GGLC (Golden Gate Lotus) run great events which are cheaper and usually on weekdays. There is also autox option. I've been doing a lot of that lately in the s2k and sometimes in M3. A lot of autox is happening around Daily City in SF (Cow's palace) since Marina is closed, sometimes it's in Crow's Landing (toward Modesto).

Novato will be a 1.5 hour haul for me based on our recent location, but I'm willing to drive up to meet folks. Depending on when the next one is (planning some fam vacation mid-July).

Don't have as much spare time these days to be super active here, but I can take a day a week from fam to do fun stuff.

Let's keep conversation going and at least some of us will land on an activity. I know a lot of folks in the area don't frequent this board, but we could get in touch.

Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

If anyone is interested, a couple of us will be meeting at Los Altos/Portola Valley, both are cars and coffee events.

Some details.

Los Altos, ASKA flying car cars and coffee:
                            Ferrari Owners Club Northern California Region
                            1etSpodnsoar2emdsi  · 
                            This Saturday ASKA™ Drive & Fly have invited the Ferrari Owners Club and our car friends to a unique event from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM at the ASKA™ Showroom at 400 Main St. Los Altos.  
                            In the ASKA parking lot you’ll see an exceptional collection of exotic and classic cars.  In the ASKA showroom, discover the future with the ASKA flying car and be able to chat with engineers.  
                            A cars & coffee in the parking lot and a flying car in the showroom!
                            ASKA™ A5 is an Aerodynamic 4-seater drive & fly eVTOL (vertical takeoff and landing) vehicle. This flying car is built for maximum safety and 250-mile flight range.

Portola Valley:
                            SVMC Cars and Coffee - June 26th
                            Saturday, June 26, 2021
                            8:30 AM 10:30 AM
                            815 Portola RoadPortola Valley, CA, 94028United States (map)
                            Come out for morning coffee and donuts in Portola Valley with SVMC and check out some amazing cars while hanging out with great people. This cars and coffee is free and open to all yet space is limited to the first 100. Club members are entitled to free coffee and one free donut. Visit our member page to learn more about club membership and to sign up.

Los Altos is a bit further south, so we will start there around 8, then run up north toward Alice's to Portola c&c. We could do a drive afterwards to the coast to hw1 and then folks could split up.

Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

Ah damn! I'll be leaving town tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can make it to the next meet.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                                Ah damn! I'll be leaving town tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can make it to the next meet.
                                Yeah sorry, a bit last minute. I was actually going to do Sonoma today and maybe autox tomorrow, but plans got changed. Will try to do a bit more notice next time.

That said, next few weeks are holidays/I'm doing a family vacation, so I might not be back till end of July. If anyone wants to post an event here and get a few cars together, please feel free. This thread was started for everyone to participate . Let's hope the heat and the fires stay away so we can meet.

Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

Working...
                                X