Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slavik1988 View Post
    Thanks for the tag...

The wife is working that weekend (nurse) so I have the kids on me. Is this adults preferred event (I don't like to send it with the kids in their respective seats) or is it just a cruise? That said, my kids are 6 and 3 and used to going sideways on the M3. The younger one is a pain and wants to talk to everyone. Testing the waters for the first time by going with him to Petit LeMans...

I would prefer a drive without them though...
    You bet! Hoping we can do these a bit more regularly. This is such a great community.

This certainly won't be sanctioned or condoned attempts at setting land speed records. Some of the roads are quite rural with 55mph limits and if you try to carry 55mph through a corner, you'll be in a ditch. You won't find me doing triple digit blasts or driving past my field of vision / recklessly (wrecklessly!).

Having done a lot of rallys, my guiding principles for myslef are:
    - I must be able to stop the car up to my field of vision in an emergency
    - If I'm following someone, I must be able to stop my car if they hit a deer (for example) without hitting them
    - I won't blindly/foolishly send it thru a corner that I can't see thru to the other side (and those kind of corners are common in the mountains, as you know)
    - I won't rip it through someone's neighborhood with their kids on the front yard
    - pure speed is best reserved for the racetrack under controlled conditions
    - I love my M3 and its never wrecked, perfectly straight chassis
    - I like living very much and will do no harm to others

All that said, it's an M3 on a backroad and it's certainly within the realm of possibilty that the driving could get spirited. But I drive within my talent level and my car's capability. No one will be dropped from the group if they are driving more conservatively in the back.

Mayan-Viking - accurate? Would you provide a different perspective?
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Post #2 edited above with details of the drive.

stephen I know you're in the RTP area and I had forgotten to include you in my original post above. Tagging you in case you're interested. There may be other non-forum members from the RTP area coming as well.

Comment

Mayan-Viking - accurate? Would you provide a different perspective?[/QUOTE]

Well put Casa de Mesa . I could not have said it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
          Post #2 edited above with details of the drive.

stephen I know you're in the RTP area and I had forgotten to include you in my original post above. Tagging you in case you're interested. There may be other non-forum members from the RTP area coming as well.
          Appreciate the invite but I do already have plans for that weekend unfortunately. Hope you guys plan on taking lots of pictures!

Comment

Count me in. I'm in Rock Hill, SC, but don't mind the drive to meetup with fellow enthusiasts. I'll be in my 2002 LSB M3.

Comment

Originally posted by David325is View Post
              Count me in. I'm in Rock Hill, SC, but don't mind the drive to meetup with fellow enthusiasts. I'll be in my 2002 LSB M3.
              Nice. Looking forward to it and to meeting you!

Also will be cool to see my car (Shark Blue) next to LSB.

Comment

So I found a sitter for the kids...

I will be showing up for the drive but not from the beginning. I will meeting you folks at Alvin Eatz if all is well. I will make my way through Blue Ridge Parkway (makes more sense coming from Asheville) and 421 (one of my favorite driving roads).
                2002 M3 Carbon Schwarz/Black 6MT

Comment

Awesome news slavik1988 . Great news and looking forward to meeting you. Should be at Alvin Eatz right around noon.

I'll shoot you a PM with mobile.

Comment

Hey everyone. See you all at 9:00AM.

The two guys from PA aren't making it down this way due to a bum clutch in one of the cars. Bummer. Will be great to meet others though - this is a really good turnout for a 2 weeks notice in a busy time of year!

Bryan

Comment

Hey everyone. See you all at 9:00AM.

The two guys from PA aren't making it down this way due to a bum clutch in one of the cars. Bummer. Will be great to meet others though - this is a really good turnout for a 2 weeks notice in a busy time of year!

Bryan
                      9:00 AM it is; I'll be there but sadly my M3 is gonna have to stay behind. I'll be there in my TiAg 740i and may have a buddy joining me from the CLT area too.
                      2005 M3 Coupe / 6 Speed / Silver Gray Metallic / Black Nappa Leather / Premium Pkg / Cold Weather Pkg / Bi Xenons / Adjustable Bolsters / MKIV Navigation / Harman Kardon / Bavsound / BlueBus / Sirius XM / Aux In / Carbon Trim / ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / ZCP Brakes / Yellow Tag Steering Rack / Karbonius CSL Race Intake / SS Headers / AR20 Resonator / Exhaust Bypass Valve / Modified Bilstein B6s / Eibach Springs / Staggered OE CSL Wheels / 265 & 235 Pirelli PZ4s / SunTek 38% Carbon Tint

Comment

Originally posted by tmaxx445 View Post

9:00 AM it is; I'll be there but sadly my M3 is gonna have to stay behind. I'll be there in my TiAg 740i and may have a buddy joining me from the CLT area too.
                        Can't wait to see your S62-powered E38. Hope your buddy can make it too.

Comment

Hey gents. What a day. Weather was perfect, roads were amazing, lunch was unexpectedly good. Great day to meet some new friends with some pretty beautiful cars.

My photos aren't good (tough light, not the best setting, plus "cell phone") but here they are.

Will most definitely do this again and with more prior notice. Thanks to Mayan-Viking David325is tmaxx445 slavik1988 and tmaxx445's buddy (Macan Turbo) for making the trek from longer distances!

-Casa (Bryan)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20231021_140110.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	239038

Name:	IMG_20231021_140111.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	239045

Name:	IMG_20231021_113744.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	239039

Name:	IMG_20231021_113743.jpg
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	239040

Name:	IMG_20231021_140124.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	239041

Name:	IMG_20231021_111730small.jpg
Size:	316.4 KB
ID:	239042

Name:	IMG_20231021_130939.jpg
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	239043

Name:	IMG_20231021_115023.jpg
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	239044

Name:	IMG_20231021_115028.jpg
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	239046

Name:	IMG_20231021_115100.jpg
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	239047

Name:	IMG_20231021_130934.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	239048

Comment

I'm just seeing the update in this thread. The pics look great. It looks like the day turned out decent. Any plans for something this year? Either spring or fall?

When I lived in VA, I used to attend these drives before they got too big. We had E46 M3-only drives as well, which kept the group size reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
                              I'm just seeing the update in this thread. The pics look great. It looks like the day turned out decent. Any plans for something this year? Either spring or fall?

When I lived in VA, I used to attend these drives before they got too big. We had E46 M3-only drives as well, which kept the group size reasonable.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...=1#post7865286
                              Nice thread on M3post! And you're a VT grad to boot. I spent my 4+ years in Blacksburg...

We lucked out with the weather. It was a perfect autumn day. We'll for sure do more of these and I know what you mean about large drives. Been on some multi-day rallies with 65+ cars and it can become cumbersome at times.

For sure more to come on this.

Comment

Nice thread on M3post! And you're a VT grad to boot. I spent my 4+ years in Blacksburg...

We lucked out with the weather. It was a perfect autumn day. We'll for sure do more of these and I know what you mean about large drives. Been on some multi-day rallies with 65+ cars and it can become cumbersome at times.

For sure more to come on this.
                                VT grad as well?

Comment

Working...
                                X