ZHP rack coding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZHP rack coding

I have M-Track mode coded I remember when doing so I set it up for my green tag rack. If I go to a ZHP rack what value or "wert" should I be using? Thanks.

It's currently set to "wert_05" under "LENKWINKELKENNLINIE_2" in the MK60 module.

Edit: It's "wert_04", found it searching around, thanks heinzboehmer.
    Last edited by Cubieman; 06-14-2021, 08:51 PM.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
    I have M-Track mode coded I remember when doing so I set it up for my green tag rack. If I go to a ZHP rack what value or "wert" should I be using? Thanks.

It's currently set to "wert_05" under "LENKWINKELKENNLINIE_2" in the MK60 module.
    Use the ZCP rack setting. The ratio ends up being the same when connected to M3 spindles.
    2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post

Use the ZCP rack setting.
      Which is....?
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I *MAY* have taken note as to which setting it was when M-track mode was programmed before I changed it, but the value would be nice.
        Also, on another note aren't the ZCP and ZHP different ratios?
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

The actual ZCP and zhp cars have different ratios, but the racks have the same travel for each turn of the pinion. The suspension geometry differences between the M and non-M make the rest of the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
            The actual ZCP and zhp cars have different ratios, but the racks have the same travel for each turn of the pinion. The suspension geometry differences between the M and non-M make the rest of the difference.
            Comes down to the lever arm ratio on the knuckles. I own a zhp sedan and have a low mile zhp rack in the m3 and the sedan steering is noticeably faster.

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Which is....?
              Set LENKWINKELKENNLINIE_2 to wert_04 for ZCP or ZHP steering rack. Either rack installed onto an M3 is a calculated 14.5 steering ratio so the steering angle sensor will not complain.

Comment

I wasn't aware if the the MK60 cars need the yellow tag coded? Or is it plug and play?

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

No, it'd still need it. Only ZCP wouldn't, but why would you swap yellow for blue?

That said, I have mk60 and yellow tag, with no coding, and DSC only intervenes in spirited driving where I would have DSC off anyway.
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
                    I wasn't aware if the the MK60 cars need the yellow tag coded? Or is it plug and play?
                    Only a real ZCP car would not need it coded but honestly the ZHP rack is a complete waste on those cars unless the ZCP rack develops play and needs to be replaced since new isn’t really an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X