Tool32 & WinKFP Program Connection/Execution Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool32 & WinKFP Program Connection/Execution Issues

I've installed the BimmerGeeks software suite and although I've very comfortable using NCSExpert, NCSDummy & INPA, I can't say the same for Tool32 & WinKFP mainly due to lack of ever needing to use them. I've been using the BimmerGeeks downloaded software with an Amazon purchased K-DCAN cable that has the switch/toggle. Although INPA shows a solid connection to the car using the cable, I'm running into issues when trying to run Tool32 & WinKFP as I can't get any positive confirmation of either a connection to the car or outright errors when first launching the program(i.e. WinKFP). I'm trying to figure out the source of my issues and thought I would ask the coding gurus of this forum.

Attached Files
    Last edited by E46_M3_ZCP; 06-18-2021, 01:07 AM.

Does NCS Expert work with the same cable? I had similar issues where INPA worked and NCS didn't, had me stumped but it was actually the switch on the cable in my case.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.wReckless View Post
      Does NCS Expert work with the same cable? I had similar issues where INPA worked and NCS didn't, had me stumped but it was actually the switch on the cable in my case.

Regards
      Yes, NCSExpert works fine with the same cable. The toggle on the cable is used to switch between DCAN(e.g. E39, E46, etc.) and K-Line(e.g. E92, E60, 2007+) cars as it either connects(for K-line) or disconnects(for DCAN) pins 7 and 8 of the OBD cable connector. I'm guessing my issue is software set up related and not hardware.

Comment

I recommend verifying your com port for your K-DCAN cable, it's either com9 or com1 depending on your C: /EDIABAS/BIN/OBD.INI

for reference: https://www.obd2tool.com/blog/2020/0...gold-software/

Comment

Working...
        X