SMG TCu Clutch Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMG TCu Clutch Life

I saw someone diagnose the Ferrari F1 transmission the other day. Which is a hydraulically actuated clutch just like the SMG-II in the E46. The Ferrari TCU is able to give the tech the clutch life remaining. I could not see a similar value when reading live data from the SMG TCU. Anyone know if there is a way to determine clutch life from the TCU?

I'm assuming the Ferrari transmission tells how much clutch life is left based on the amount of slip vs slave cylinder extension (and not some arbitrary measurement like time or mileage).

I don't think that same measurement method would work on our cars because of the SAC mechanism in the pressure plate. The clutch's bite point is pretty much kept constant by it, regardless of how much wear it has experienced.

I know I didn't answer your question, but if the TCU doesn't report clutch life, then that's probably why.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
    X