Dumb Question-Can ECU still be tuned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb Question-Can ECU still be tuned?

I posted a while back about issues I was having with my ECU. My ECU could not be bench flashed backed to previous hardware revisions after a CSL tune from Kassel. I think the consensus was that it may be a failing or failed EEPROM. This is a stupid question, but can the ECU still be "tuned" to change throttle mapping/ vanos timing/ etc for my current configuration or is that prospect dead with my failing ECU. The car needs to be tuned for my bolt-ons. Do I need to purchase a new ECU to get the "configurability" back?
    2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
    [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

If one of your EEPROM is not properly working, why don't you replace it instead of buying a new ECU ?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

Doesn't sound like an accurate diagnosis to me. If the EEPROM was bad, you probably wouldn't be able to drive the car.

Comment

I apologize, I should have linked to my original post to offer some more context.

Hey Guys, I apologize for my amateur understanding of this process so be easy on my. I had my MSS54HP sent off and converted to CSL tune/hardware a few years ago. Everything works great with the car, but it can’t connect to my State’s emission equipment. I sent it back to be bench flashed to the U.S. Specs and hardware

Hopefully that may shed more light on what may be going on. Thanks guys
        2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
        [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Working...
        X