CSL tune - no rev limiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSL tune - no rev limiter

Hello, I have an S54 that I flashed the CSL tune to. I am using an airbox with the Kassel MAP sensor, and an IAT sensor. My DME is an MSS54HP. I used the terra tune on the github, and I am still on the non-CSL bootloader (I am using the modified bootloader that allows a CSL map). My S54 is in my E36. I was able to do the swap coding and the car runs OK. (I have bogging but I think that is because I haven't touched the fuel tables and I have a somewhat stock S54 -- I did change the scaling for the stock non-CSL cams as per one of the write-ups).

My main concern is that there is no rev limiter. I have a friend with a similar tune and he claims to have the same issue on his S54 swapped E36.

Has anyone run in to this? Is there a way to fix this? If I change the rev limit using tunerpro, it doesn't seem to make any difference when I flash... The car will keep revving and not stop and so it is prone to over-revving.

I am using mostly tuner pro and MSSflasher.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by Joshb556; 06-04-2022, 09:26 PM.

Have you tried using the ECUWorx Binary modification tool instead?

just load the partial tune bin file into the tool and see what it shows for the rev limit.

since its MSS54HP, maybe in tuner pro you are changing the Dyno rev limit not the actual rev limit?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshb556 View Post
      Hello, I have an S54 that I flashed the CSL tune to. I am using an airbox with the Kassel MAP sensor, and an IAT sensor. My DME is an MSS54HP. I used the terra tune on the github, and I am still on the non-CSL bootloader (I am using the modified bootloader that allows a CSL map). My S54 is in my E36. I was able to do the swap coding and the car runs OK. (I have bogging but I think that is because I haven't touched the fuel tables and I have a somewhat stock S54 -- I did change the scaling for the stock non-CSL cams as per one of the write-ups).

My main concern is that there is no rev limiter. I have a friend with a similar tune and he claims to have the same issue on his S54 swapped E36.

Has anyone run in to this? Is there a way to fix this? If I change the rev limit using tunerpro, it doesn't seem to make any difference when I flash... The car will keep revving and not stop and so it is prone to over-revving.

I am using mostly tuner pro and MSSflasher.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
      Most tunes out there raise rev limit to 8200. So the rev limit might still be there but you're not hitting it.

The ecuworx tool above will work or tunerpro with the XDFs from github.

Comment

Hi thanks for the responses, I'll check ECUworx again, I believe I have that tool as well. The 8200 limit I believe has been surpassed once or twice (no damage thankfully) but I now shift at around 7800 because I don't want to risk it.

Comment

Please read your max rpm the ecu has recorded with tool32. And look if that matched you rev limit.
          maybe you only have wrong cluster (for 4cyl?)
          …under construction.

Comment

Working...
          X