Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shift Lights Discrepancy Between CSL PD31 and PD11 Variants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shift Lights Discrepancy Between CSL PD31 and PD11 Variants?

Long story short, my dme got bricked a month ago right before a road trip and I had to send it off to Kassel to have it recovered via BDM and flashed my PD31 variant tune file to the dme and was back up and running. I noticed shortly after that my shift lights no longer functioned and upon deeper inspection noted that Kassel used the PD11 ODA files and not PD31. They are both 0401 variant but clearly there must be something different in the master prg file preventing the shift lights from working? Friends car has the exact same issue with a PD31 tune file running over a PD11 base prg file. I compared the untouched virgin PD11 tune file to a PD31 tune file and the shift lights are in the exact location, offset 28CB, so I'm not sure what to try next?

Even this post from the old forum from P0lar didn't help. I checked all three MSS54HP locations and both PD11 and PD31 variant tune files have the same strings in those three locations.

"On 64kb MSS54HP files, search for 'C8 1E 06 00' and enable it by flipping the last bit to something like 'C8 1E 06 02'. There are three known locations in the MSS54HP variants, 0x28C9, 0x28CB, as well as 0x29CB that hakenTT-mss54 observed. Also, 0x1A7D is a location on the MSS54 as well as 0x29CB."

My car is a factory 6mt car with a cluster that indeed supports this so there is no hardware issue here. Trying to figure out the software discrepancy without having to pay my tuner to retune my car from scratch just for shift lights.
    2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

I've had them working on PD11 and PD31 (and non-HP binaries too for that matter). Maybe Kassel didn't re-set them up for you?

That snippet you copied is all you need to do to enable them. Just search for that string and change the appropriate byte.

Important byte in bold: C8 1E 06 00

00 is off, 01 is on, 02 is on only in sport mode.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
      I've had them working on PD11 and PD31 (and non-HP binaries too for that matter). Maybe Kassel didn't re-set them up for you?

That snippet you copied is all you need to do to enable them. Just search for that string and change the appropriate byte.

Important byte in bold: C8 1E 06 00

00 is off, 01 is on, 02 is on only in sport mode.
      Yeah I've always set it to 01 for years without issue and that's how it currently is. I think the primary issue is that the base master file that Kassel flashed is a PD11 file and that something breaks with it (among other unknowns) when I load my PD31 file. Unless someone has run into this and knows something additional that isn't publicly documented I think the only resolution would be to have a PD31 master file loaded via bdm unfortunately.
      2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

I always though PD11 (and PD11, J469, etc.) were just differences in the tune (i.e. the maps, tables and constants) and that the program differences were denoted by the previous two bytes in the version string (0301, 0401, etc.). I might be wrong though.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
        X