INPA will not connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INPA will not connect

I downloaded Mike's easy BMW Tools Package and was trying to use it but had no luck.

I had a few years ago bought a CD from Ebay that came with a cable, it worked but I lost the software as it was in an older laptop. I was trying it with this cable, along with a cable I had gotten from Tuning Tech when I upgraded to the CSL SMG software.

Anyone has any idea of what I could be doing wrong? I tried it both with engine running and off. Should I just go ahead and buy the software from PSS Autosoft?

Below is some more info on my laptop in case it matters along with the version of INPA. Thanks and I appreciate any help!

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-cX3N2dd-L.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.2 KB ID:	186824

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-qdXxZ37-L.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.3 KB ID:	186821
    Click image for larger version  Name:	i-gPnBPjL-L.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.3 KB ID:	186822
    Click image for larger version  Name:	i-9cJk6Ht-L.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.3 KB ID:	186823
    Last edited by R1pilot; 10-03-2022, 06:15 AM.

Have you checked that your com port matches in the OBD.ini file and the device/cable in device manager?
    '06 IB/BLK 6SPD PN66072

Comment

Thanks for the help! Bear with me here for a minute.

I am quite a moron when it comes to computers, but you sent me in the right direction.

I have no idea what you typed meant, other than the port but it allowed me to do some googling. After searching I found this thread:

From there I think I figured out what port I am using in the device manager. I plugged in a thumbdrive and looked at what popped up ... I think this is what I am looking for (Port 13):

Click image for larger version

Name:	i-bCkZJT2-M.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	187141

I then went to the Ediabas.ini and made sure that my stuff was set to Interface =STD:OBD, which it is:

Name:	i-KbwJLQ9-S.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	187142
      I then did a search for Port=Com or Port and found nothing in that file.

Name:	i-zXvxhth-L.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	187143

So, I figured from the post I linked that I needed to look at the Windows OBD.ini file

In there I found the following and this is where I am stuck. Do I change that number to 13 in that file?

Name:	i-vhW6RpF-L.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	187144

I appreciate the help and patience!

Comment

Yes, you will need to match the port number in the OBD.ini to what is showing under Ports ( COM & LPT). I attached a picture below.Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	45.2 KB ID:	187175
        Last edited by e46mpwrd; 10-06-2022, 10:05 AM.
        '06 IB/BLK 6SPD PN66072

Comment

Awesome! I see what you did.

I connected the USB to OBD2 cable to the laptop and
          COM4 showed up. I then went to advanced settings under properties and changed it to COM1. Now it shows like this:

Name:	i-LmQ8Nj5-L.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	187179

I will try it later and let you know if it connects.

Thanks!

Comment

Success!! Thanks a lot!!

Now I have to figure out the steps I need to take after I change the clutch. I wish I could also connect to my wife's F31 Diesel to read the code ... but no F31 on the menu.

Name:	i-bR9fwvf-L.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	187187

Name:	i-gqtVBhb-L.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	187188

Name:	i-rjFMC5N-L.jpg